Everything Eminem

This album is a lot better than it seems. Its the best album since his 2nd album. And its deep. Its secretly a work of genius. I dont say that often either...

Okay, so I just actually listened to one of the tracks I skipped (because my first impression was "WACK!"), "Beautiful", and the intro really threw me off. But actually, it's one of his realest songs EVER. Mad props to him for that.

Also, Underground is RIDICULOUS. It sounds like it could be right off his MM album...CRAZY.

BTW, am I the only one who gets the feeling Em's gonna commit suicide one of these days?

Listening again...Dre lost his mind on this album...it's been a long time since he's done that too...but then again, when was the last time he actually produced an entire album. That's where his niche is....to craft something in its entirety, so that he has a complete, cohesive piece of work.

Okay so i gave the album a second listen on my morning run, got to listen to it more intimately.

In terms of writing and musically, the album is STELLAR. Em's lyrics, flow and concepts are better than we've ever heard from him. This is especially true of his hooks, there are some brilliantly written chorus' on this album. And this is definitely his most musical album to date, the instrumentation is very dramatic and well composed.

However whilst listening i cant help but let my "producer's ear" kick in and point out a few "glitches" in the album. There are just a few little issues in the production side of things that stop great written songs becoming incredible.

For example on "Stay Wide Awake", Em does a fantastic job writing the hook, but the way it's been recorded stops it goin to that extra level. There are vocals overlapping, the HPF takes away intensity and it just sounds like a reference. The vox should be layered, spread out and take center stage, but they kinda just sit behind the instruments.

Also (i'm gonna catch grieeeffff for sayin this lol) some of the drums are a little too overpowering. Sometimes they are just too heavy and drown out the other instruments and the vocals.

I'm aware this was just the leak though and these grievances could very well be solved in the mastered version. Cant pass judgement on anything til you buy that CD on May 19th...Which i will definitely be doing!!

Fav tracks: Beautiful; 3 A.M.; Stay Wide Awake; Underground; Deja Vu

can you kindly please explain those terms to a noobman?

I guess I'm a man on an island here... I just don't understand what people are hearing when they listen to this album. The production is top notch but the subject matter and songs seem dated to me. I think this is mediocre at best.
After five years off I was just expecting more. I don't even see how people could call this classic. Its not in the same league as MMLP. I didn't think Em could make an album I'd like less than encore but after 1 listen he might have. I'll give it a few more spins though.

I guess I'm a man on an island here... I just don't understand what people are hearing when they listen to this album. The production is top notch but the subject matter and songs seem dated to me. I think this is mediocre at best.
After five years off I was just expecting more. I don't even see how people could call this classic. Its not in the same league as MMLP. I didn't think Em could make an album I'd like less than encore but after 1 listen he might have. I'll give it a few more spins though.

Naw u not alone i feel the exact same way, only song i really got on loop and can keep listening to is the last track "Underground" he went hard on that ish!!!

if it woundt have leaked i know for a fact it woulda sold more than a million... i know a lotta yall that downloaded it are sayin "IMA BUY IT TOO".. but not everybody is like that.. AND MOST OF YALL KNOW YALL LYING.... but how many people do yall think downloaded the leak???????... has to be a lot cause even I DOWNLOADED IT>. and i dont even like hip hop right now... oh and nick cannon is a idiot.. after readin his article.. I HAD TO GET it... im sure emenim is happy about tht too....... i wonder how eminem is feelin right about the leak tho...lol that has to suck

Last edited:
I'm getting it now but yeah I do the same as Troup, if I like it I will buy it. I actually have a lot of cds that are still in the plastic wrapping because I haven't needed to open it!

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't think the MMLP was THAT great and that Encore was THAT bad. In fact, the MMLP was annoying with all that sh!t about hating pop acts. Slim Shady LP > Marshall Mathers LP

Back