Everything Eminem

If you notice all the vocals are overlapping... none are spread out..

Hate the fake accent. That Borat ish needs to go too. I wish he would make a whole album in his normal voice.

The accent is only present on a few songs.

In fact i even got used to it. 3am is dope to me now.

If you notice all the vocals are overlapping... none are spread out..

Well, Deja Vu's vocals are a bit spread out in the chorus...

But yeah, what happened to that beautiful stereo doubling effect that Dre does oh so well?

Edit: Beautiful and Underground's vocals are a bit spread out as well....

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only heard 5 songs from the album (from before the album leaked)....I'll hear the rest later.

I refuse to listen to this leak... I'm gonna wait for the fully mastered commercial release!

I pre-ordered a couple of months back!

so how many people will be jumping on the dr dre band wagon this year with the big snare/clap combo ..... east west choirs .. minor chords ..etc

I'd say 700,000 first week. He'll be platinum the week after. Once people hear this album, they won't be able to f-ck with anything else. lol

Whos Asher Roth?

Is it just me or is Relapse a legendary comeback and masterpiece of genius? I heard it twice already and its deep... I think it might be the real deal here. Like a 9.5 out of 10.

I just hope an instrumental version of this album is released. The Beats on this are incredible. Once again Dre raises the benchmark.

i didnt really like the album, the production was CRAZY though!! His flow and weird accent he does throughout the album is kinda annoying. But that "Underground" track was SICK!!! He should of came like that the whole album.

I just hope an instrumental version of this album is released. The Beats on this are incredible. Once again Dre raises the benchmark.
Yep some kool beats, this is the first album entirely produced by Dre in 10 years isn't it?!?

A taste of detox ????? HMMMM

Here's the list of Em Albums, ordered from worst to best:

1. Encore
2. Relapse
3. Slim Shady LP
4. The Eminem Show
5. Marshall Mathers LP

I think Relapse is alright. It's definitely better than Encore (which was an atrocity and made me lose MAD respect for Em), but nothing compared to MM LP (which is one of my all time favorite albums).

The production is top-notch as expected. He brought it lyrically on most the tracks. The thing that really bothers me is that he could have made the album SO much darker, and would have still been artful. I love the topic of sociopathy/excessive drug abuse, but it comes off waaayyy too goofy.

Still, he manages to paint a twisted picture for the mind with his descriptive lyrics, and like I said earlier, I dig the topic. I just wish he would have given more of a serious edge. It's like he took a B-movie and turned it into an album.

Em's still a lyrical genius (despite his eerie obsession with middle-eastern accents), and the beats are definitely a switch up from his earlier sh!t.

I would buy it, but I'm 17 and broke. So no money for Em :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back