7. 3 band EQ
8. Import patch preview function

OS 3.0 added:
1. Reseampling to audio tracks
2. Analog Modeling Bass added to effects
3. Use patterns to create songs
4. Drum grid
5. Play audio phrases from external MIDI device

This is years after its release and among several reasons why I got rid of the MV. Staying on topic, this is an MV thread. I will create an MPC 5K thread in time. Or you can do one yourself.

Last edited:
......now tell us what Numark gave you with your update?

Post your list , rep your machine and stop dodging like a lil chump.
tell us what makes that 2500/Fusion hybrid so great.

...and you still making sh!t up! V2 came out in 2005 as did 3.0 . 3.5 came at the top of 2006. The machine was completely transformed. Now compare that that to the update record on any MPC...including your MPC-3500.

Post your list Jabronie!

Last edited by a moderator:
moyphee said:
......now tell us what Numark gave you with your update?

Post your list , rep your machine and stop dodging like a lil chump.
tell us what makes that 2500/Fusion hybrid so great.

...and you still making sh!t up! V2 came out in 2005 as did 3.0 . 3.5 came at the top of 2006. The machine was completely transformed. Now compare that that to the update record on any MPC...including your MPC-3500.

Post your list Jabronie!

So I am making stuff up? This coming from the man that claimed the MV can preview patches when it was released? Not true. The real truth is that the MV was released with numerous features not implemented and required numerous OS updates to get it off the ground. From your own statement, V2 came out in 2005 which is one year after the release of the product. The MPC 5000 has not been out a year and includes nearly all the features the MV should have shipped with. The same is true for the MPC 4000 which was released in 2002.

So, we have a list of 10 things the MV has that the MPC doesn't. My future thread for MPC users will address this. But I will give you a preview for the MPC specific thread. For every feature that the MV-8800 has that the MPC 5K doesn't, my thread about the MPC 5K will match it with one or more MPC-specific functions.

Last edited:
Correction - v2.0 was released in June 2004, v3.0 NAMM 2005 and 3.5 December 16, 2005. That's 1.5 years to maturity. A year later with the 5000 and your still finding insects without a single additional feature.

The MPC 5000 has not been out a year and includes nearly all the features the MV should have shipped with.
Except for a working OS. A year after launch and it still doesn't work.:rolleyes:

Post your list Jabronie!!!!!

...maybe you're waiting for somebody to chime in and do your heavey lifting...or maybe your waiting for that awsome update from Akai.:rolleyes:

You're running out cowardly bullsh!t Jabronie.

Post your list!
Post your list!
Post your list!

You can always create your own thread if you can't wait for mine. I think I will write one 1.5 years from the date the MPC 5K was released. That would be Oct 2009..very close to Namm 2010.

jahrome said:
Actually its just the opposite. It appears it is ok for the MV to ship without many functions but not an MPC. The MVs OS 1 is much different than its 3.5 OS. The same is true for the MPC 5000. But I will go into detail about this in another thread.
Hahaha, the first update of the MPC5000 didn't even fix all bugs there were, even worse Akai ignored some reports and even added new bugs, some of which are showstoppers!

You're not fair in your judgement when it comes to Roland's MV either. Akai has this whole history of making MPCs, you'd expect they'd know how to release bugfree, feature-filled devices, but they still screwed up with the MPC3500, I mean your precious 5K.

The MV8000 has been an incredible MPC competitor from the start and Roland was smart enough to listen to the users very closely adding A LOT of new and very useful features along the way.

As a customer I am glad when such things happen. Besides, we are living in 2008 now, not 2004. So .. be a man and admit that it's foolish to act as if Roland never even released all these updates or took years to add things when in fact they added most of them already within a couple of months. Practically all were added winthin 1 year actually.

Regardless of launch-issues and what not, Akai should make sure fixing bugs is top priority. Instead BUG FIXES are incredibly slow! Fck I'm not even talking about adding new features yet man. The very first MV update had both most bugfixes AND new features.

It seems as if this thread should be locked because I am obviously talking to people that have no experience with the MV. After 4 years of OS updates, the MV doesn't do anything out of the ordinary based upon this list:
Your list ain't complete, you're ignoring comment made earlier and you're not going to change your attitude towards the MV anyways. So really, what's the point?

I still think you're full of bs and I still think you're looking for something to justify your purchase. I did a search for your music by the way and it scks balls.

This is years after its release and among several reasons why I got rid of the MV. Staying on topic, this is an MV thread.
No, it's a MV vs. MPC5K thread, you are the one who wants to compare the two. Stop being a fool, .. if you can.

I'm 100% confident you never have and never will own a MV8000, so stop pretending. You're making a fool out of yourself. Besides, even though many of the updates were incredibly useful, it's not like the MV was useless before them.

jahrome said:
Thanks for clearing up the preview function on the MV. But the fact remains, it didn't have preview when it was released. It took Roland forever to add that function. They simply told users to use a PC :)
Thanks for falling for that one by the way, it's totally clear you never owned a MV8K.

On a sidenote, using a PC to preview samples you're going to import, whether from CD or through USB, is actually a clever thing to do! No need to store them on your MV if you don't want them.

Patch preview has been on there for forever. A patch preview to the import function has been added later, but again it makes excellent sense to use a PC to preview sample CDs or samples you've gotten through USB connection if you want to import them.

Last edited:
Here's my take....

Fruity Loops - 9th Wonder

Akai MPC's - Just Blaze, Pete Rock, DJ Premier, Large Pro, etc.

MV 8000/8800 - RZA, Ski Beatz, etc.

ARX - Large Pro

SP-1200 - Diamond D, Pete Rock, etc.

Akai S900/950 - Diamond D, Lord Finesse, Large Pro, Ski Beatz, etc.

My point? DO YOU PEOPLE !!!!

All of these "All Star" producers use different & some of the same gear!!! Some producers I didn't mention, but you get the point!!!
These people used the gear at their disposal & dealt with the shortcomings & made hit music! So it doesn't matter at all what some gear has or doesn't, adapt to your situation! Whether you have the funds to buy what you need or not, DO YOU! That is the main focus here, to MAKE MUSIC! It's good to know if new gear is coming out or if there are OS updates to make what you have better, but the ultimate reason is to make your music!

1. Keymap sampler
2. Audio tracks with BPM sync (realtime timestretch & pitch shift)
3. Import Akai S1000/3000 sample files and jpeg and bit map files
4. Mastering Suite/Multi-band compression
5. 3-band EQ for each part and audio track
6. 10 Band Vocoder
7. Pencil tool
8. Non-MIDI audio phrase – 16 banks
9. Split-note function which seperates parts to seperate tracks
10. A single multi-effects processor with superior sound (subjective)
We are still right back where we started. There is only this list of 10. Anymore?

C'mon Jabronie....Post up !

We're not adding anything else to list to entertain Jabronie and he's too chicken**** to post a list of own. That being the case he continue run to the same pathetic corner of "is that all".

The useless cycle will go on for ages.

Stop bluffing and post up Jabronie!!

I don't post because the MV-8800 is the better machine. It is far superior than the MPC 5000.

Look at these features the MPC 5000 doesn't have that the MV does:

1. Keymap sampler
2. Audio tracks with BPM sync (realtime timestretch & pitch shift)
3. Import Akai S1000/3000 sample files and jpeg and bit map files
4. Mastering Suite/Multi-band compression
5. 3-band EQ for each part and audio track
6. 10 Band Vocoder
7. Pencil tool
8. Non-MIDI audio phrase – 16 banks
9. Split-note function which seperates parts to seperate tracks
10. A single multi-effects processor with superior sound (subjective)

I think the MV does more than this but I can't come up with anything else. MV users, please drop some knowledge.

Eq is a type of filter Kojak,its purpose is to remove or add freq to a track wouldnt u agree.So depending on the type of filter,Id rather have Eq on every track seeing that this is a key factor in mastering a track.

I bought the mv8800 and sent it back,I didnt like it becuz it wasnt as user friendly as an MPC.The MP is the champ becuz of this,beats for dummies u know what I mean.But in actuality Mv is a better buy cuz it does so much more

Chase Money said:
I bought the mv8800 and sent it back,I didnt like it becuz it wasnt as user friendly as an MPC.The MP is the champ becuz of this,beats for dummies u know what I mean.But in actuality Mv is a better buy cuz it does so much more

Another one of those people that claim they once owned the MV and sold it because it's not an MPC. Well guess what fellas.. that's exactly right. :D

It's probably no surprise, but I disagree with the 'less user friendly' argument tho... it's just that you're more used to an MPC and the MV ain't an MPC.

It's a bit like those cats trying to compare one of those Electribes with an SP-404 or something. Thinking one is cooler than the other.

Truth be told, you can do the same music, but it's just not the same. I'm not blaming you for having a different taste either.

mista ree said:
Ah man..Looks like you got caught out there tryin to start some more sh!t..You know them cats over at the MV Nation ain't playin that ish..LOL!

What the MV-8800 has that the Fantom G doesn't?

First..the MV Nation forum is way too controlled/censored. You really can't say anything bad about Roland products there or it will get shut down. If you have something to say about another companies product, they will let you run with it. Look it up...it's a fact.

This forum let's you air out products/companies which is great.

Now this particular thread gives MV users another opportunity to hype up their product. But only 10 items? Only 2-3 of those items give you a wow factor. This is "so much more" that people are talking about? The MPC 4000 has more than double this number......

Last edited:
jahrome said:
First..the MV Nation forum is way too controlled/censored. You really can't say anything bad about Roland products there or it will get shut down. If you have something to say about another companies product, they will let you run with it. Look it up...it's a fact.

It's much better moderated for sure.

Besides most people who say bad things about Roland gear aren't very specific. Simple 'Roland sucks' complaints will be removed and that's the right thing to do.

If you have detailed constructive critique there's a very good chance Roland US get's to see it and might even reply directly.

I don't think there's a bias against other brands there either, people have gear from all kinds of brands. Akai included.

This forum let's you air out products/companies which is great.

Regardless of product taste and what not, that's exactly why this place is littered with people talking about gear they don't even own , apparently just to look cooler thinking they talk the talk.

Now this particular thread gives MV users another opportunity to hype up their product. But only 10 items? Only 2-3 of those items give you a wow factor.

You're apparently only interested in hypes or what? You don't seem to realize that the features the MPC5K doesn't have make the MV worth more to the MV fans. In my opinion the features the MPC5K does have don't weigh up to those of the MV, but it's at least 70% a matter of taste and preference even though in my opinion the basic work-flow in some areas is a bit different.

Anyways, the whole thread here is only proof of how little you know of the MV... that you claim to have owned.

We aren't asking you for a specific list of differences, because we do our own research. A lot of what you're asking for can be figured out by just downloading the manuals.

Bananasass said:
It's much better moderated for sure.

Besides most people who say bad things about Roland gear aren't very specific. Simple 'Roland sucks' complaints will be removed and that's the right thing to do.

If you have detailed constructive critique there's a very good chance Roland US get's to see it and might even reply directly.

I don't think there's a bias against other brands there either, people have gear from all kinds of brands. Akai included.

Regardless of product taste and what not, that's exactly why this place is littered with people talking about gear they don't even own , apparently just to look cooler thinking they talk the talk.

You're apparently only interested in hypes or what? You don't seem to realize that the features the MPC5K doesn't have make the MV worth more to the MV fans. In my opinion the features the MPC5K does have don't weigh up to those of the MV, but it's at least 70% a matter of taste and preference even though in my opinion the basic work-flow in some areas is a bit different.

Anyways, the whole thread here is only proof of how little you know of the MV... that you claim to have owned.

We aren't asking you for a specific list of differences, because we do our own research. A lot of what you're asking for can be figured out by just downloading the manuals.

That forum is over-moderated.

But back to MPCs and MVs...this thread isn't proof of how little I know about the MV...its proof that the MV users that entered this thread can't come up with more than that list of 10 things that the MV can do that an MPC 5000 can't. I used the MV and read the manual. I could have overlooked something, but it doesn't do much more than what was written in this thread. If that is not accurate, please share this info. That is the purpose of this thread. So go ahead and beat your chest...My MV can do ______ which is not possible with an MPC 5000.

Juuus Blaaaze !!! He's an MPC user......

What truly makes the mv better then all mps is the ability to hook up a monitor to view and edit sounds as well as sequences.It actually gives u the feel of working with a daw system but still working wit hardware,very innovative.

Back