Tutorial: Synchronizing AKAI MPC and KORG Triton to a Computer / DAW

I have been pulling my hair out trying to get my Triton Studio and MPC 4000 to midi sync to my Sonar 4 and Yamaha I88X. I can get Sonar to record audio and midi from the triton but it does not seem to want to be synced (start and stop) from Sonar. I am using the Yamaha I88x as my computer interface and using the midi connections from there. I will try tomorrow to sync just the MPC 4000 up. If I can get that maybe I can do what mano 1 said about syncing the MPC to the Triton. I believe part of the problem is the triton likes midi sync and the MPC does not. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Whats up Mano this is a nice forum. Hey I set up my triton le and MPC 1000 the way you said. and syced it up to nuendo3. Now when I record my MPC and triton to Nuendo the sounds on my Triton revert back to the default sounds, not the ones I chose. But When i logged out of Nuendo...My sounds go back to the ones I chose. What do I do?

rellyrellsfinest said:
Whats up Mano this is a nice forum. Hey I set up my triton le and MPC 1000 the way you said. and syced it up to nuendo3. Now when I record my MPC and triton to Nuendo the sounds on my Triton revert back to the default sounds, not the ones I chose. But When i logged out of Nuendo...My sounds go back to the ones I chose. What do I do?

I dont think your problem is related to synchronization... You should start a new discussion in one of the forums (Getting Started, or Synthesizers). Good luck.

Well I was able to sync my Triton Studio and my MPC4000 up. I was also able to sync my Sonar 4 software to the MPC 4000. The problem I am having now is when I press the MPC start it takes Sonar a couple bars to start recording so I always starts after the first two bars of a sequence. Also I would really like to control the start and stop from Sonar and not from the MPC. Thanks!

Than make SONAR the master, and make it send out the sync (I think that's what I show in the video, the MPC is not the master in the video).

About the 2 bars - you need to turn off the "precount" option under your recording options...

Oh, and welcome to FP btw :hello:

Last edited:
Ok Mano..I'm loving your tutorial. U was talking about How the bigger models of MPC can be the master. I have a MPC 4000 and i can start it with pro tools but it doesn't keep the tempo. Its always fast. What do i need to do?

That's weird - I don't have a 4000 and am not sure why it would do that... Can you post a detailed question (new discussion) in the Sequencers & Samplers (hardware) forum? Folks who have a 4000 can answer in details to help you.

BTW the newer "unofficial" OS for the MPC1000 enables MMC and MTC send/receive on the mpc1000 - which puts it at pretty much the same level as the "big" MPCs :) ... that's pretty cool. I'd like to do an episode about this OS at one point.

Good luck.

video ends

why does video end after only 2 minutes, it only shows up to the part where you say "some people just press play on the mpc to sync to the accapella" then it ends

slicvic1 said:
why does video end after only 2 minutes, it only shows up to the part where you say "some people just press play on the mpc to sync to the accapella" then it ends

It is a problem on your end... The video goes on after that fine for thousands of people... Try again, and try on another computer if you can.

Good luck.

ok this video is for using the mpc as a slave... what if i wanted to use my mpc as a master.. and bring sounds from my keyboard into the mpc as tracks.. and then finish everything in the mpc.. and bring it out into my computer.. into cubase or some other program?

MoneyOverEverything said:
ok this video is for using the mpc as a slave... what if i wanted to use my mpc as a master.. and bring sounds from my keyboard into the mpc as tracks.. and then finish everything in the mpc.. and bring it out into my computer.. into cubase or some other program?

sample into your mpc. there is no other way.

Hey Mano, I enjoyed the video and it has taught me awhole lot. But, When are you planning on showing tracking on the audio side. Because, i would like to track my beat out using audio instead of midi from the MPC.

Last edited:
BeatboyP said:
Hey Mano, I enjoyed the video and it has taught me awhole lot. But, When are you planning on showing tracking on the audio side. Because, i would like to track my beat out using audio instead of midi from the MPC.

Soon. Thanks for your patience.

mano im having trouble tracking my mpc 1000 to acid pro 6. i have my mpc midi in to my interface midi out n set up the mpc sync. now when i setup acid so its sync up n press record nothing shows up on the tracks in acid its all blank.

you need to plug audio cables to your computer's inputs... otherwise no sound... remember, MIDI = NO SOUND... just controls.

this is for a separate video dedicated to tracking... a different process

How do I watch this whole vid? it cuts off as soon as mano shows the mpc1000 and he hits play i can hear the beat for about 2 seconds and the movie goes back to the beginning any help to see the whole vid?

Back