Tutorial: Synchronizing AKAI MPC and KORG Triton to a Computer / DAW

EMAG-A said:
i still cant sync pro tools and my mpc 1000 after watching that...thankz anywayz mano

How come? I explain everything in details... All the details I talk about apply to any decent DAW program and any MPC (or external workstation).

What is the problem exactly?

DesertEase said:
How do I watch this whole vid? it cuts off as soon as mano shows the mpc1000 and he hits play i can hear the beat for about 2 seconds and the movie goes back to the beginning any help to see the whole vid?

Try refreshing the page. Thousands have seen it without problem... Try emptying your temporary internet files (Cache) too, and coming back to watch again. Last you can try different browsers.

Good luck.

Last edited:
im not sure what the problem is...i changed all the settings according to ur instructions...when i arm the transport button in pro tools,in the bottom left corner it says (waiting to sync)then when i hit record it says(cueing machine)so it seems like pro tools is set up fine? i have my midi cable running from my m-box 2 out into my mpc midi in 1...my mpc sync is set up to recieve in midi in 1...and i can hear and record music out of my mpc...its just not triggering the mpc...maybe ive changed some other settings previously that mite be affecting the sync now? im not sure...but ive been trying to do this for a while and it hasnt worked...i also run the mpc into a mixer then into my m-box 2 but i doubt thats the problem.....

Last edited:
I have Cubase Sx, MPC2000xl, and US-428. I am able to start (control) the sequencer on my mpc with cubase but i can not hear my sequence/tracks from my mpc on my cubase. Ayuda??

thanks
taino baez

This was Excellent! It helps a great deal. thank you Mano. It's a great site. I'm learning so much. I have to be careful that i don't bit off more than I can chew. :) but you kept this very simple. you a good teacher.
again thank you.

digidesign tech support says i have a driver problem...ive deleted all my drivers and reinstalled them and deleted pro tools and reinstalled it but still no good....if anyone else has had this problem ur input would be great...its not allowing me to select m-box 2 port from the dropdown menu in session>time code settings...thats what they say the problem is.......

Whats Up

I Got An Mpc Im Trying To Hook It Up Directly To Fruity Loops I Dont Know I9f Its Possible Though Im From Philly I Live In Seattle Now My Groups Name Is Dondivasoul Its Rand B And Hiphop Check Us Out At Broadjam.com Search For Soultry In In Washington State Thanks

Thanks Mano You Helped Again.when Tracking My Beat Out
Is It As Simple As Soloing The Track I Want And Pushing Play?when Will You Do A Vid On Tracking Individually,or Will You Do One?

DIVINEJUSTICE said:
Thanks Mano You Helped Again.when Tracking My Beat Out
Is It As Simple As Soloing The Track I Want And Pushing Play?when Will You Do A Vid On Tracking Individually,or Will You Do One?

That's pretty much it (solo the track you want to record on the computer... press play... with the correct audio cables and track settings).

I will do one eventually - sorry it is taking me a while ot make the next batch of videos.

thanks for the vid, i just got the presonus firebox today and hooked my mpc1000.. but now i need to know how to track my songs into cubase!!

Noface said:
Thanx Mano.. But i am trying to figure out to Use a MPC2000xl and use reason as a sound moudle

Then watch the other episode of FP SHOW:

"SEQUENCING SOFTWARE INSTRUMENTS FROM HARDWARE"

voila.

wish it had a rewind button i need help i have the mpc 2500 but with cubas sx 3 not the one in this video and its not workin

I'm Useing a "Roland Edirol UM-1ex" (My Midi controler) but I can't get this to work - My screen in Cubase dosen't look the same as in the video either (I have box named "MIDI Clock Destination" - But I guess it does the same) any tips on what I could be doing wrong?

Yo need to just cop pro toons like gust blaize, and a NPC 3000 to get dat swing

got everything up running! so it's all nice and dandy! :D

youngjboy said:
Yo need to just cop pro toons like gust blaize, and a NPC 3000 to get dat swing

4 rEeLz... DAtz wAt mA bOi SeZ

DJ Scratch-My-Baq said:
got everything up running! so it's all nice and dandy! :D

GOOD TO HEAR!

AbsurdNY said:
Mano, you always make the best tutorials. You explain everything so clear. Props! :)

Thank you so much for the kind words. I have more tutorials waiting to be published (editing them now)!

Last edited:
Back