Tutorial: Synchronizing AKAI MPC and KORG Triton to a Computer / DAW

Yes. This was explained by members in the forums a few times - try searching for "Triton sync Pro Tools" and "Triton Master Pro Tools" (etc).

The process is very similar to what I showed in the video... just the other way around in the settings.

Thanks Mano.

I like the search option, i just can never find what i'm looking for cause i dont know how other people would word it etc. i'll try looking it up like that. its just so frustrating sometimes spending hours searching for tips to set up a certain setting or option in protools etc. but i understand your frustration having something posted over and over again.

Cheers

hey Mano, thanks :)

the link didn't work but i've typed in 'triton Sync Pro TOols" and i'm currently going through there.

Thanks

Hi Guys. Im still having a problem syncing my MPC with logic/computer. Its all out of sync - - when i set up a loop for 4 bars, i have to start the loop at bar 1 beat 3, or bar 2 beat 3 in order for the mpc and logic to have the same start and end points of the 2 or 4 bars. Its very strange. Also, when the loop comes back round again, it takes a beat or 2 for the mpc to refresh and catch up with the sync of logic.... An advice... Thanks

hey mano quick question...i wanna record audio off my ion into protools but i wanna record the midi data as well off the keyboard so i can quanitize the audio first. how do i do this...should i set up a midi track first and record the data off protools this way? and if so is it then possible to have that midi track correspond to a new audio track when it comes time to record the sound or can i do both at the same time...please help thanks!

nc-17:

your question is not related to sync (which this video is about) so i dont want to confuse people reading... but basically you can have midi tracks to sequence your ion, and later on record audio from the ion while it plays the midi-triggered notes/tracks, yes... after that you mute the midi track because you dont need it when the audio version is in the computer... keep the midi tracks around for later in case you want to tweak some notes (and then record new audio tracks replacing the old ones)

... all this is what i will cover in my "tracking" tutorials... right now i have 1 arm in a sling due to a shoulder surgery, so stay tuned for a few weeks until i get better

When I Go To Record On Pro Tools It Does Not Catch The Beginning Of The Beat . It Cuts It Off And Makes A Pop/click Noise. It Cuts The Beggining Of What Ever Track By Not Even Half Of A Second.
I Followed The Video To The Point And The Protools Is The Master To Akai

Project Mix I/o Not Locking

I know how to sync my mpc with my pro tools, but i am having problems with it locking. for example 32nd note hi hat dont sound as fluid after being dumped as it does when i play it back in the mpc. IF ANYONE HAS ANY SOLUTIONS PLEASE HELP QUICK!!!!!!

grayent:

sorry but it doesnt sound you are trying to do what this video is showing... this is just to sync them, not dump anything...

post unrelated questions on a section of fp instead

thanks

i moved to the sx on cubase instead of the le so now i have the same one as you..but my problem is i dont get the first option when u click on the transport for example i dont even get a "none" option on the time code also i dont know why it dont give me the option to choose my asio audio device it gives me the option i just cant click on it unlike the "none"option where it dont even show up,I KNOW ITS PLUGED IN CAUSE I CANT HEAR FROM MY COMP UNLESS THE AUDIO INTERFACE IS PLUGGED IN.the only options it gives me are just the internal,midi and vst..what do i do?

Last edited by a moderator:
im really confused by your description... dont worry about time code... worry about "send midi clock".

audio-wise (asio etc) please post your question in one of the fp forums. audio from the mpc will not come out of your computer, but out of the mpc itself...

Danm im Glad i joint da site this just what i need it cuz i have been strugling alot

thx mano

u rock

k3lly

yes...very helpful...I am planning on buying an mpc and this was one of the first questions I had. I can't wait to see how to track out into a DAW.

just curious how did you have your tracks still playing in that beat when you had the midi cables synching with cubase and not with sound modules?

mano 1 said:
If you have multiple MIDI OUTS on your computer: you run another midi cable from another MIDI OUT on your computer to the Triton's midi in

If you only have 1 MIDI OUT on your computer: it's been a while since I've done this, but I think you would plug a MIDI cable from the MPC's MIDI OUT to the TRITON's MIDI IN ... Then tell the MPC to send out MIDI CLOCK as well.. Where I show "SYNC IN" you also set SYNC OUT and you set that to 1 or 2 depending where you plugged the Triton. That SHOULD work... You press play on the computer > MPC syncs and starts > MPC tells the Triton to sync and start > Triton syncs and starts

Mano,

any idea if this works for more than one midi out at a time?

let's say i track most of the beat on the MPC, but i sequence instruments from my 2 keyboards (2 midi outs).

can a single midi clock be used to play everything back at once?

BlazinBeats said:
In the video he also synced the triton so it was probably triton sounds that you heard.

Actually the beat came 100% from the MPC - I use the MPC to "track" musical phrases... Things like the chopped piano chord (which comes from one of my original classical compositions).

Xpressive said:
Mano,

can a single midi clock be used to play everything back at once?

yes.

either by using a midi interface with multiple outputs, OR simply by "daisy chaining" your midi modules/devices (that is what the THRU is for)

Last edited:
cool thanks for answering and for posting all the helpful vids .

Back