The next big EDM genre/ sound?

I'm definitely digging the deep house scene (more andrew bayers style). But the market is saturated in Zedd - style house and thats the way I see it going for the next couple years :-)

T!TΔNN;49721368 said:
I TOTALLY agree with kesslook: Look to Australia.

Listen to guys like What So Not and Will Sparks and you'll immediately feel the urge to move, which is one of the main components in good music. There are many more artists in Australia doing some amazing work and the world is about to get a didgeridoo slap to the face imo

This is definitely what's wavy! I'm listening to What So Not right now and I'm very impressed!

After noticing the 90's and deep house stuff making a come back can't help but wonder if it will follow the order of the previous decade?
If so Prog House will prob make a big come back. Also Bigbeat and breakbeat are due some limelight if the trends follow suit.
What yas reckon?

Don't care what you say but to be honest I hope EDM in general won't be big at all, I'm tired of shit that is played nowadays. 10 years ago EDM was listenable, now it's all dubstep-influenced trash with "wubs" and "bass" everywhere.

I'd say that glitch hop is getting quite popular here in the US. Producers like Griz are starting to shine some light. I recently saw a Griz show that was just amazing!

I think the alesso style will rise again. Also electro and progressive house (specifically big room) will be populair, i think.

If we're talking about electronic music in the mainstream, it will continue to be shitty most likely.

I think it's impossible to truly know what's next... It isn't going to be what already exists, so how would you answer till you heard it and decided you liked it... And everyone publicly did the same?

Back