Reason 4?

Yeah. The NN-XT is much more greater than amy sampling combo out there.

DID I MISS ALL THE EXPLOSIVES?
Is anyone ok?
DId anybdy regain his conscies? ;)
Did anyone realize Reason is garbage? ;)
No
?
Then noone can freaking help you.... lol ^^

Last edited:
Mainboi23SX said:
The NN-XT is amazing you can create a whole beat just using one NN-XT device.
The whole ish sounds like ARMY BS to me.

I don't care anyway.
I'm gonna awake tomorow abd watch what else has been done,,,,\
This is n ot GI Joe. There are people more responsible up to it.
Don't try to con me, i'll sleeping....
Gol **** yourselves
lol

all rights reserved

prechopped material is perhaps all it is about....
[/quote]
you think?
You've been conned by gol?

Last edited:
Xabiton said:
no time stretch
Now there friggin' are some opchenz.
What's your problem?

Sqito said:
What's your problem?
Point is: YOU still got no point lol.
ME gonna get to sleep and wake up making up still the same....

Sqito said:
What's your problem?
Point is: YOU still got no point lol.
ME gonna get to sleep and wake up making up still the same....

Last edited:
With all due respect, in regards to the sequencer in reason, i find it to be my absolute favorite to work with... if you know what you are doing, you can easily put together most things you could imagine. things i would like to see improved on it is an option to change note timing etc numerically by the scroll button on the mouse a la cubase sx. My experience with other sequencers includes cubase, logic, live, and my RM1X

as for improvements,

-what about a "tracking-off" option for samples loaded to the nnxt (would be alot more convenient for mapping percussive samples)

-what about a graphic waveform display on the nnxt?

-what about a "mixer settings recall" button that would store mixer configurations...and one that could be automated at that?

-what about having the mixer display real data about db levels etc (instead of midi 1-127)...a gain/trim option?

-as far as recording, what about a device like "Re-DAT" that you could patch to the outputs of single instruments the final mix...or Hammer or some other audio input tool. maybe give this realtime timestretching or repitching like the roland VP?

-a real ring mod?

- what about the ability to name grouped phrases in the sequencer (so that they are easier to manage?)

yeah, i have the gimmies...but if nothing else, i hope props have their ears open... i just made a nice little list

-Lodger

The problem is treating Reason like it's a sequencer instead of using it as a sound module. The sequencer, when I'm using Reason for sound creation, works perfect for....if your computer is slow like mine, adding some more ideals to a song that's full of tracks. No need for a time stretcher if reason is a slave. I only use reason to add drums and sound effect to a track. I love reason, though. When I get some money to blow, I would love to check out Reaktor 5 or 6.

Xabiton said:
If u want vsts dont use Reason tryin to screw up my stability because u wont sit down and throw a few fx on your sounds.l
This statement makes no sense yet I hear it all the time. First off if the Props weren't so lazy and added new synths and upgraded the samplers people wouldn't ask for VST support. Second VST support would not affect stability because guess what, if a certain VST were to make Reason unstable all you would have to do to maintain stability is not use it. I don't care for VST implementation, but if Props upgraded in a timely fashion there would be afr fewer call for this.

kingace said:
if your computer is slow like mine
It isn't, and I plan to get a dual core soon. I truly hope that people like you aren't what's holding back Reason. All this crying about using little processing power is annoying, when technology is increasing by leaps and bounds and Reason is barely crawling(Reason still isn't optimised for multi-core use and the devices still can't be enlarged properly making little use of a dual 22" LCD monitor setup).

Quad-cores are on the horizon and many people are using dual core setups with dual wide screen monitors, all of this pandering to the lowest common denominator is pointlessly annoying. If your serious about producing music you will put money towards it. I can't understand how so many people will have hundreds of dollars of legit software and yet cannot seem to afford to upgrade their hardware allong with it.

The following post from the Props forum sums up my thoughts on Reason and it's future. The thread is titled I think, well i know I am leaving reason.

Summary: Look at the request forums for other programs such as Live and compare what they are asking for to what is being asked for on the Reason forums, hardly anything crucial has been requested on the Live forums. Also compare upgrade/feature ratio, Reason not only updates far slower than it's competition but it has far less to show when an update finally arrives. Reason is heading down the same path as Rebirth and it's taking the entire company along with it.

I agree with everything the OP said, Reason has become a joke. I'm tired of hearing the lies about Steinberg preventing them from implementing audio or the cries of avoiding certain improvements in order to retain low processor usage when quad-cores are around the corner. It’s also quite sad to see so many people defend the pathetic lack of progress every time an issue with Reason is brought up.
<o></o>
Truthfully there is no excuse for this, even programs that were far behind Reason such as FL & Ableton have virtually surpassed Reason in every aspect. The only problem I had that kept me from leaving Reason earlier was the fact that I have so many Refills and Props refuse to open the refill format so that I can use Refills in other sequencers such as Cubase, however this problem was bypassed with a certain program.
<o></o>
Forget about new modules, filters and audio, how about upgrading the sequencer? You can’t even directly insert audio into it. What is the excuse for having such a pathetic, sequencer that has never been upgraded? I cannot think of any reason except for abject neglect.
<o></o>
Unlike many of you I spoke to a Propellerhead rep in person over a year ago, and the answers that he gave me to Reason's shortfalls were pathetic. He basically tried to make ReWire the end all solution when it clearly is not. He also tried to claim that I would be impressed by the upgrades to Reason, but looking at how much the competition has advanced and how much Reason has improved in past updates, I basically believe that it is impossible for them to catch up.
<o></o>
I don't really understand the European business mindset, they clearly ignore what their customers want, and for what? The end result will be that Propellerhead Software will go out of business or they will be bought by a larger company, hopefully the latter of the two, but I don't see any other possible outcomes at this point.
<o></o>
The Propellerhead team is failing in every aspect, the Refill format was cracked, the competition has arguably surpassed them, they refuse to upgrade their primary product ways that will generate more revenue, and they release essentially worthless side offerings (various Refills, company branded clothes, etc), ignoring their primary customer base. I will still use Reason (although much less) simply because I have it, but it would take a miraculous major improvement to convince me to upgrade.

fireman_x said:
This statement makes no sense yet I hear it all the time. First off if the Props weren't so lazy and added new synths and upgraded the samplers people wouldn't ask for VST support. Second VST support would not affect stability because guess what, if a certain VST were to make Reason unstable all you would have to do to maintain stability is not use it. I don't care for VST implementation, but if Props upgraded in a timely fashion there would be afr fewer call for this.
any host ive ever used with vsts has always been very unstable I am going with that feeling that vsts are unstable. Ive never had that issue with Rewire. Personally I think reason has more than enough modules to make whatever you want people are just greedy.

Xabiton said:
Personally I think reason has more than enough modules to make whatever you want people are just greedy.
How are people greedy that puchase a program and updates with specific goals in mind?

Have you ever tried Zeta+, nothing in Reason comes close. I could also name a dozen other synths but what is the point? VST's may cause a sequencer to crash but that is usually only if the VST was badly coded (as is sometimes the case with free VST's), or a person tries to push the VST pash their system's capabilities. VST's in general do not make anything unstable as should be evident with the majority of software using music producers using VST's.

The bottom line is that people want more from Reason and are not receiving it. I've been paying much more attention to Live, checking out their forums, watching videos off the site and I will check out the demo when I have time. Ableton seems to actually listen to their customers, whereas Propellerhead does not. People that say Reason can do "everything" are either foolishly boasting out of ignorance or their production so limited or simplistic to the point where Reason is actually enough in its current state (note: this is in the general sense and not directed necessarily at you).

I don't understand how people can become complacent and not expect their progress in producing to stagnate. Reason should have implemented audio in, midi out and upgraded the sequencer years ago. The truth is from a business sense you give you customers what they want and Propellerhead knows exactly what people want (since they've been asking for years), but they refuse to comply. That was fine in the past since there was no real competition within the same price range, however like my last post stated Live and FL are both going to take away further market share if Propellerhead refuses to upgrade Reason in a fashion that their customers request.

It amazes me how everything on this site is bashed by people who apparently don't know the ins and outs of what they're attacking. Zt3a+ better than reason? Wow. I could've understood you saying better than the Malstrom or Subtractor, but that's just opinion.

All this update talk is rediculous. I've had my MPC2000XL since like 2000 no major updates(just new sound libs), and it's still one of the most sought after pieces of equipment today.

Anyone who has been using reason knows how to fit it in their workfow perfectly. People use it alongside and MPC or Triton and let the hardware handle sequencing and samples. Use it inside Cubase or Pro Tools the same way then you can add your plug ins. Every program doesn't have to be the ultimate workstation. Reason has damn good sounds, amazing effects, and is worth every penny of $300 - 400 as is. If you use it as an all in one production program you get lots out of it as well. But for all the thousands of happy customers they have, there will always be one or 2 who want more.

But dayum. Does everything have to have something wrong with it on FP? Why isn't the solid reliable sound module it's become famous for being good enough? Somebody tell me, what should I replace my futile program Reason with? Please don't tell me the Z3TA+ you can't be serious.

fireman_x said:
How are people greedy that puchase a program and updates with specific goals in mind?

Have you ever tried Zeta+, nothing in Reason comes close. I could also name a dozen other synths but what is the point? VST's may cause a sequencer to crash but that is usually only if the VST was badly coded (as is sometimes the case with free VST's), or a person tries to push the VST pash their system's capabilities. VST's in general do not make anything unstable as should be evident with the majority of software using music producers using VST's.

The bottom line is that people want more from Reason and are not receiving it. I've been paying much more attention to Live, checking out their forums, watching videos off the site and I will check out the demo when I have time. Ableton seems to actually listen to their customers, whereas Propellerhead does not. People that say Reason can do "everything" are either foolishly boasting out of ignorance or their production so limited or simplistic to the point where Reason is actually enough in its current state (note: this is in the general sense and not directed necessarily at you).

I don't understand how people can become complacent and not expect their progress in producing to stagnate. Reason should have implemented audio in, midi out and upgraded the sequencer years ago. The truth is from a business sense you give you customers what they want and Propellerhead knows exactly what people want (since they've been asking for years), but they refuse to comply. That was fine in the past since there was no real competition within the same price range, however like my last post stated Live and FL are both going to take away further market share if Propellerhead refuses to upgrade Reason in a fashion that their customers request.
Any sound that I have wanted to create I have been able to in Reason. To me its all about know how with whatever it is that you are using. People should spend more time learning how to make their interface work for them and less time wishing their interface did something it wont. Everything in Reason works and it works well. Audio in atleast to me is a waste of time and thats probabaly because I have no use for it. Midi out could be useful but the direction of the industry is going to software and props have been saying for a while that they will not support hardware any longer. They dropped hardware support for Recycle even simply because software is the future. I like a lot of other programs too and I am not saying Reason is the best thing since sliced bread but to say Reason is lacking in something its supposed to have is just something I cannot agree with.

Xabiton said:
any host ive ever used with vsts has always been very unstable I am going with that feeling that vsts are unstable. Ive never had that issue with Rewire. Personally I think reason has more than enough modules to make whatever you want people are just greedy.

It looks like you're advising Rewire over VST because of stability concerns. By this logic, you must believe that rewire somehow makes the host sequencer more stable. The way I see it, if Reason is the most stable program ever made, the minute you rewire it to a host, then Reason just became only as stable as the host that's sequencing it. If the host goes down, the entire project goes down, including Reason. Reason's amazing stability is completely and certainly compromised by the fact that it's being connected to another program that is less stable. So, if you are advising the use of rewire, then you can't even mention Reason's legendary stability.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
It amazes me how everything on this site is bashed by people who apparently don't know the ins and outs of what they're attacking. Zt3a+ better than reason? Wow. I could've understood you saying better than the Malstrom or Subtractor, but that's just opinion.

All this update talk is rediculous. I've had my MPC2000XL since like 2000 no major updates(just new sound libs), and it's still one of the most sought after pieces of equipment today.

Anyone who has been using reason knows how to fit it in their workfow perfectly. People use it alongside and MPC or Triton and let the hardware handle sequencing and samples. Use it inside Cubase or Pro Tools the same way then you can add your plug ins. Every program doesn't have to be the ultimate workstation. Reason has damn good sounds, amazing effects, and is worth every penny of $300 - 400 as is. If you use it as an all in one production program you get lots out of it as well. But for all the thousands of happy customers they have, there will always be one or 2 who want more.

But dayum. Does everything have to have something wrong with it on FP? Why isn't the solid reliable sound module it's become famous for being good enough? Somebody tell me, what should I replace my futile program Reason with? Please don't tell me the Z3TA+ you can't be serious.

I said that nothing in Reason comes close to Zeta+, meaning that the Subtractor and Malstrom both pale in comparison. How you equate that to me saying that Zeta is better than Reason as a whole package I will never know. If you've used Zeta with all of its filters, its arpeggiator, and all of its other features you would have understood my statement. Also seeing that Zeta is a VST and is useless without a sequencer, I can't see how you could interpret my post as claiming that a sole VST trumps a midi workstation.
<o></o>
If I were to say that anything was better than Reason it would have to be Live, but as I mentioned earlier, I have yet to use the program, but except for .rex support it seems to offer everything Reason does. People have claimed that Reason allows them to get ideas down quickly, however I have also heard Live users say the same thing. Given that Reason and Live are in the same price range a someone wanting the most for their money would most likely go with Live.

As for your "thousands of happy customers" comment, all you have to do is look at various forums to see how many people want more from Reason. If you're fine with your setup and hate new technology, don't try to drag the rest of us down that want to advance.

Xabiton said:
Any sound that I have wanted to create I have been able to in Reason. To me its all about know how with whatever it is that you are using. People should spend more time learning how to make their interface work for them and less time wishing their interface did something it wont. Everything in Reason works and it works well. Audio in atleast to me is a waste of time and thats probabaly because I have no use for it. <st1>:place w:st="on">Midi</st1>:place> out could be useful but the direction of the industry is going to software and props have been saying for a while that they will not support hardware any longer. They dropped hardware support for Recycle even simply because software is the future. I like a lot of other programs too and I am not saying Reason is the best thing since sliced bread but to say Reason is lacking in something its supposed to have is just something I cannot agree with.

First off no one is saying that Reason should add so many features that you never get any work done, but Reason is clearly lacking in several aspects. Tests have been conducted that prove that the sound engine is not up to par and if Reason has it all why upgrade? I'm sure you will, just like you upgraded to 3.0, and obviously 2.5 was not enough since so many people upgraded. If you claim that Reason is enough for you simply don't upgrade, but I know you and so many others that claim that Reason is more that enough will. It usually seems to be older guys that had to work solely with hardware that claim that Reason is so great, however I've only produced with software, so although I may be a bit "spoiled" in comparison I still want more. Just as you should strive to continually improve your production, you should also continually improve your tools.

Last edited:
deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:

The props themselves are responsible for a big part of this constant begging for features. They are the ones who continuously misrepresented the product. First they said it was a "studio". Then they changed their minds after a few years and downgraded it to an "instrument". Well, if it's a studio, then why doesn't it have the typical tools that you find in other studios? They circumvented the whole situation by deciding that it's no longer a studio. An instrument of course has no use for the things that people are asking for. The problem is, people are still determined to believe that Reason is not an instrument, but it's a studio, so they continue to ask for the kinds of features that you might find in a studio. But they ain't coming, not soon, not ever.

Back