Mpc renaissance music production controller

I am a MPC4K owner and an owner of Maschine. I don't see the MPC's Aksys software as anything really ground breaking. Don't get me wrong it was awesome at the time.

What does the MPC Ren does that Maschine doesn't? It brings the MPC workflow to a computer environment. Any user of current and past MPCs will me immediately familar with the MPC Ren as soon as it is turned on. This isn't the case with Maschine. Maschine was initially just a groove box that NI continued to build upon. The MPC Ren is a track based workstation like all MPCs before it.

When you strip away all the marketing and user hype. Its all sampler/sequencer software with custom controllers (Maschine and the MPC Ren). I really wish the Renn was something like the 5000 with the software abilities as well. Going the software/custom controller route feels like a step backwards. There is nothing new or innovating about that now a days when reality all someone needs is a DAW to sequence. At some point we all are just investing in bells and whistles.

I think he is saying the MPC 4K was first..... then came the Maschine... & the Renaissance isn't ripping off NI, it's building on the 4K.

The Renaissance adds an AD/converter that Maschine doesn't have.

I like the MPC Studio looks. When that comes out I will get it, just have to wait. You can pre-order now, 599.99.
Hopefullly it will have that MPC feel and be more intuitive than Maschine

The Renn is not building on the 4K in any way shape or form. It really looks more like going in a different direction (software), which for the most part is just accommodating to modern usage. I think everyone is aware at this point that the Renn adds a built-in interface where the Maschine doesn't have one.

I think the ren is both building on and expanding. I like the fact that on the controller itself, you get the same Mpc controls, etc, but the software is there also. The only thing I don't like is the pricetag. The pricetag is a lot in comparison to maschine when it can't be used standalone.

Ill be rocking the mpc studio for my drumlayering and software beat making and the mpc fly for on the go sample beatmaking. My mpc 3000 will be for a true hardware sequencing with all my modules which is were still no company has gotten to yet. Even when the ren drops there will still be complaints and unstatisfied ppl saying it lacks this and that and is not stand alone.

I know you can sample through the MPC Renaissance with her built-in soundcard.
But is it completely useless to use a mixer between the turntable et the MPC-Ren?
Will it improve the sound quality?Or it will be useless?
Cus I heard the Ren uses a "mini-soundcard"...

Back