Mpc renaissance music production controller

ironbeatchef

mpcren.jpg

Akai Pro announces the MPC RENAISSANCE

On 01-06-12 AkaiPro has announced a new MPC,The MPC RENAISSANCE.
They also launched a new website for the MPC
Introducing the next Generation of Akai MPC

MPC RENAISSANCE
MUSIC PRODUCTION CONTROLLER

MPC Renaissance Hardware

Fuses legendary MPC production with the processing power of your computer
Vintage Mode changes output sound character to MPC3000, MPC60 and more
16 backlit genuine MPC pads, 16 Q-Link controls, and adjustable backlit LCD screen
Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing and MPC transport controls
MPC SOFTWARE for Mac or PC with 64-track sequencing capability
Two XLR-1/4” combo inputs and dedicated turntable input
Four-channel US B 2.0 audio interface and two-port US B 2.0 hub built in
Up to eight pad banks?more than any other MPC ever
Two MIDI inputs and four MIDI outputs
Stereo 1/4” out, stereo assignable mix 1/4” out & S/PDIF I/O

MPC Software

64-track sequencing capability
Massive 6GB+ sound library, including all of the sounds of the classic MPC3000
Instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plug-ins
Record each track as an MPC drum program, Keygroup program or VST plug-in
Runs standalone and as VST, AU or RTAS plug-in
Supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX and SND
Supports samples and sequences from any MPC ever made
Mac and PC-compatible

url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkF-evh5msA&Introducing MPC Renaissance - YouTube[/url]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xkF-evh5msA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• mpcren.jpg
    mpcren.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
if you already own maschine, an audio interface ect....then it really doesnt offer anything new to the table. If your coming from a mpc hardware unit and want to go more digital then this would be perfect, cuz it can load any mpc format with its sequences, thats major! idk tho looks cool, tempted to buy it. Wish they would have had this when i was rockin the mp .... any body know the price on this thing

Last edited:
About as predictable a move from Akai as possible, but not bad. Ugly, but not bad. Hope they iron out the bugs before it comes out, though...

Why a computer? Why not just connect a monitor to it like the MV 8000? MPC as a VST? That's cool. Really want to see what the MPC Studio is going to be......probably what I'm talking about.

Why a computer? Why not just connect a monitor to it like the MV 8000? MPC as a VST? That's cool. Really want to see what the MPC Studio is going to be......probably what I'm talking about.

then it would need its own processor and OS, its using the computers processing power.

I hope it DOES have its own processor & OS...because if it's just a controller (with an audio interface tacked on), then it pretty much loses the only big advantage it'd have over the Maschine (besides the MPC name, of course).

IDK......I see this being discontinued quickly. Not hoping so, just can't see it competing with everything else as far as software and using it's legacy to sell. It's going to cost more than Mashine....a whole lot more. I think it's a dope idea, just too late. MPC fans will love it, though. But seriously.......R6 and a MPD vs MPC Ren? Mashine vs MPC Ren? MPC Ren.........$2500? $1500? If I could plug a monitor to it and use the software then it would be cool. If it had faders it would be cooler. I'll wait to get more info because surely this is not all the info for it.

Garbage

Its a glorified midi controller which trys to mix mpc 3000/60 look with lights etc... tasteless

MPC Software??? We all know how good the Akai programmers are, right?

cant be used as standalone, it was one of the biggest advantages of the mpc

I bet the price tag is going to be ridiculous too

But need more info on this to fully judge the product

wait it cant be used as a standalone? that kind of defies its name doesn't it?

Note they refer to it as Music Production Controller and not Music Production Center. This doesn't look usable with a computer. I'm curious on the pricing of this.

I haven't seen a release date yet or a price tag. I did call Akai and they said " We are showing it this month at Nam and will be released after that " So for the people that want it THE WAIT IS ON. I personally love Akai stuff and I was about to buy NI Maschine this Friday but I wont be. I will check out the Akai MPController before I buy NI Maschine.

My guess is that it will be around $700 which is almost a brand new MPC or a MAXED OUT MPC.

re

personally it looks lame to me. Midi Production Controller, but it might be cool for guys that just have a computer. i would likely rather just stick with classics that already do what i want and pick up something different with my spare cash. but maybe it' ll drive the price of 3k down more so i can stack a few more...

does not being standalone mean i couldn't connect my headphones to the headphone jack and just rock like that, without a computer?

the more i look at this, the more impressive it is. your average mpc set up would have a few things connected to it anyway right? now it can be just your computer, and it looks like youre still open to connect external sample sources if you want. with the audio interface added, its basically a one stop shop...depending on the price i might consider one

depending on the price i might consider one
I would think that it will be priced in between NI Maschine & A MPC 1000. I hope its closer to the price tag of Maschine. If it is $850 I am not sure its worth it since you can get a MPC 1000 used and maxed out with RAM and a HDD. I am move of the " Let me see what I am doing type " so I am all over it. I cant wait for the next video to drop on it.

i made beats for about five years on fruity loops with no midi controller. i got a motif es and my use of fruity loops went down substantially. i damn near mastered fruity loops (or at least could get it to do damn near whatever i wanted to) and the shit got so boring pointing and clicking. music was not meant to be point and clicked.

i remembered how envious (in a good way...like daaaaamn i want one of these sooooo bad) i felt whenever i'd be making beats with homies at other studios and they had mpc's. its indescribable. these midi controllers are disposable just like most of the music, because it's not personal. a lot of its stale. don't get me wrong, some people really can take software and this midi shit and make some dope shit, but for the most part. nahhhh.

i only got a job to get an mpc and to get equipment to build my studio. i lucked up and found an mpc for the super low low on craigslist, and it's been the absolute best cash i've ever spent on equipment.

mpc's are god's gift to hip hop and music production in general. the mpc feel is not a myth. its the way you get to put your true touch into it. you don't have to believe me, but i really wish these kids comin up would get sick of sitting behind computer screens and behind the mpc pads.

mpc's are so dope. i really can't tell you how good they are. honestly i felt like my beats were about a 4 or 5 and since i've got my mpc i'm at about a 7 or 8. i've only had mine since august and i've made so many beats its ridiculous.

hopefully this new one's cheaper, but even it isn't, i'm so happy thankful and blessed that i've got my mpc 2500 WITH THE JJOS! them niggas knew what they were doing.

i haven't even learned how to really mix in the box, or utilize compression, i think that's when i'll start knockin on the door of 8.5 to 9.

my dream is to be a 20 like jimi hendrix, michael jackson, marvin gaye, timbaland (early to mid 90's) bill withers and folks like that.

if you really love music, or you feel like you're in a rut for whatever reason, and you're feeling uninspired, get an mpc and it will change all of that.

them and sennheiser need to hook your boy up with the sponsorship or some sort.

i swear by the hd280's and mpc's.

1000's and 2500 are the future. direct recording might be one of the single best features ever incorporated to the mpc ever. absolute genius.

thank god for the folks at akai and roger linn.

Last edited:
Back