MPC 2000xl vs MV 8800

Kojak said:
That doesn't do what I asked. You didn't think I'd post something that you can actually do did you? I know it's not possible for you to do.

Yes, you can the the MFX can be parked right at the Input with no problem.

"Send it to the synth a resonance source"? What does that even mean? There's no such thing as a resonance source. I could route an input signal through a resonant , filterhave it gated in realtime by a midi input signal, and have it pass through an additional filter and two additional multi-effects units. I think that's what you tried to say, and yes, I can do that.
The MV Bass synth lets you choose external or internal source, the for the Res filter , Ring Mod, as well mix for external audio.

External audio routed to a 10 band Vocoder leaving the internal audio unaffected?

Last edited by a moderator:
The MV Bass synth lets you choose external or internal source, the for the Res filter

But what is a "resonance source"? What you are talking about is that you can pass the input signal through a resonant filter, which pretty much any sampler can do, my MPC can route the input through two filters at a time, all resonant and switchable between several modes. And I can route my samples through any of my ten inputs to go into my decent hardware vocoder.

Kojak said:
But what is a "resonance source"? What you are talking about is that you can pass the input signal through a resonant filter, which pretty much any sampler can do, my MPC can route the input through two filters at a time, all resonant and switchable between several modes. And I can route my samples through any of my ten inputs to go into my decent hardware vocoder.

The Bass Synth filters are independent of those in Partial Edit.

As far the Vocoder...."That doesn't do what I asked. You didn't think I'd post something that you can actually do did you? I know it's not possible for you to do.":)

Anyway this ish has gotten tired and way off topic. Input Thru aside there is one reason i love MV-8800...It works 100% without incident or bugs! It's going to be a while before the MPC-5000 gets that feature . :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bass Synth filters are independent of those in Partial Edit.

As far the Vocoder...."That doesn't do what I asked. You didn't think I'd post something that you can actually do did you? I know it's not possible for you to do."

Oh I know it has a crappy synth and a crappy vocoder, I have no need for those considering I have a good analog synth and a good analog vocoder. I bought the MPC because it integrated well into my hardware studio. I needed something with lots of analog and midi outs, I didn't need a mastering suite, I have a better one on my computer, I didn't need a synth, I already have plenty, I didn't need vocoder, I already have one. Now if I didn't need a good synth, vocoder, or mastering suite and I just wanted a cheaper all-in-one solution, the MV would be a great choice, but it just didn't meet my needs.

Input Thru aside there is one reason i love MV-8800...It works 100% without incident or bugs! It's going to be a while before the MPC-5000 gets that feature

I've yet to run into any bug problems on my MPC, I develop software, it's pretty well known that a product having bugs isn't a sign of something being poorly made, it's a fact of life, everything has bugs as soon as it's released, from pacemakers to jumbojets.

Back