M-Audio Axiom 25 - Discussion + Troubleshooting

pb with axiom 25 & mbox 2

hey everyone!
got a problem with the setup of my personal studio... i'm brand new in this matter... got an axiom 25 and a digidesign mbox2 with the protools suite... (i have windows XP SP2) the axiom 25 installation was ok, it was working fine, i even started to record some beats with ableton live but as soon as i installed the mbox, i got error msg that tells me there's a problem with the driver and when i check the audio devices in control panel, i lost everything, neither the mbox or the axiom appear in the MIDI devices... that's tricky... :S is there a special order to install them? is it possible to get both installed at the same time? i wonder... what i want is the possibility to be able to use the axiom only or to use both by pluggin the axiom on the mbox...
thanks for ur answers, men!
PEACE;)

Where can i find the meanings and definitions of the keys and terms used for the 25?? I'm reading information, and they refer to many things like Bank LSB and like CC, Channel, Data1, Data2, Data3 etc.

I think if i were to know what these would mean i would better undertand all of the information that i'm reading. I've been doing alot of searching for about 5 hours total just doing a bunch of reading on my axiom.

https://www.sweetwater.com/expert-center/glossary/

LSB = Least Significant Bit; it's usually used in conjunction with MSB & Program to send a program change to a device. The MSB/LSB tell the device which bank of sounds to access, and the program # is the sound w/in that bank.

CC = control change or continuous controller.

When assigning a program change to a pad, Data 1 = the program #, Data 2 = LSB, and Data 3 = MSB. Otherwise, the MSB/LSB functions are for sending a 1 time message.

Otherwise, Data 2 and Data 3 can also be the max and min values transmitted.

Check out the Enigma Group for more info/help with the Axiom.

Last edited:
PhirstN3rd said:
Hey yall I'm revivin this thread. I've had my 25 for three months but I've barely unlocked its potential. I'm using it in Reason 4.0 right now and this weird thing is happening where only one key per octave works. None of the other keys work. It's the same with the NN-XT, Redrum, etc. The pads work, usually about five or six of them and two don't do anything. I'm really confused by the Axiom overall but I know **** about MIDI.

I know its been about four weeks since you posted and i just bought mine used. But I've found out that Reason had released a update to the 4.0 that has the drivers for the axiom 25 in it. Through it, it will automaticallly set up your pads to be synced with redrum (Channels 1-8), Sync your transport features (I love the loop playback option) and and of course line up your keys correctly. You may just want to download the update and start it fresh. (Also you'd have to bring it to Preset 10 after you've completed syncing but other than that you should be fine.

Is there any hope for us axiom users m-audio would update the drivers/firmware or whatever so that the knobs would work properly? Is it even possible in theory to change the velocity curves for other than the 4 (terrible) curves?

Last edited:
hey guys i just got axiom 25 and im trying to figure out how to set the control nobs on it the rotary encoder knobs anyone help me? oh and im using reason 4 with vista

how do you use enigma and sign the rotary encoder knobs to something in reason 4?

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my Axiom 25 about 5 months ago and everything has been working fine. I'm still learning about the machine but I have a problem with Fruity Loops 7.

When I want to play a certain note on the keyboard, fruity loops sees it as another key on the screen. For example, if I play a C on the keyboard, Fruity loops will recognize it as G sharp. Did I do something wrong????

Pllease Help...

I bought my Axiom 25 about 5 months ago and everything has been working fine. I'm still learning about the machine but I have a problem with Fruity Loops 7.

When I want to play a certain note on the keyboard, fruity loops sees it as another key on the screen. For example, if I play a C on the keyboard, Fruity loops will recognize it as G sharp. Did I do something wrong????

Pllease Help...

check the transpose buttons on ya axiom

Hello everybody this is my first time in this forum. First of all I apologize for my English, as I'm not a native speaker.

I bought an Axiom 25, and I have not been able to make it works. I use a really old software called "Midisoft Recording Session", which I like very much, I've made my MIDI files and then I've made MP3 files from them to play live with my guitar;) Until now I have been writing every single note of my MIDI files with the mouse on "Session", so I decided to buy the controller (the Axiom25). I installed it, I fix the driver stuff as someone said here before, but... nothing works!

I have to say that I'm not a formal musician, I use Session because I like to write as a sheet, and I do not feel comfortable with other software like Cubase or FL, which result a bit complicated to me (too much buttons!, just wanna rock!).

Could someone please help me with this? PLEASE?

What's up everybody! I'm new and this is my first post! I'm new to beatmaking so I bought an Axiom 25... Is this good to use with Fruity loops 7 xxl?

Recording drums

I just picked up the axiom 25 and I'm using it with reason 4. My problem is that when I try to record drums with the pads, I can hear the drum sounds but nothing gets recorded. Can someone help me out with this?

knobs

I have the m audio axiom 25 and i use cubase 5 as a daw.i definitely need to use my knobs to control the vst instruments,like cutoff,frequencies,resonations and generally as many as possible parametres.how can i fix this ?

I have Logic 9 / Axiom 25 and a Dave Smith Mopho . I bought their editor and keep it open > I added a midi inst for the mopho and logic and the controller works fine , also added an aux to monitor mopho's audio everything works except NO MIDI to mopho , this has to be something simple does anyone have any suggestions ? thanks !

Hey everybody Im new to this, but I have an Axiom 25 and trying to use it with FL studio 9. Im able to plug in the midi keyboard and Fruity loops recognizes the keyboard but Im not able to use the record/play/fast fwrd/rewind buttons from the keyboard, I have to push play/record..etc on the computer itself. I would like to know how to record what I play exactly how I play it on the Axiom 25 and have it recorded as a pattern. Please advise further...Thanks in advance..

i have an Axiom 25 and i havnt used it in a while. and the other day i tried making a beat on reason 4.0 but reason wouldnt detect my device.

the axiom turned on (led digital screen lit up) but when i pressed the keys it wouldnt play the notes. i tried adjusting the settings on the preference menu but there was no response.

does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem migth be or any ideas on how to fix it?:banghead:

hi......i have an axiom 25 ....i use logic 9 on mac snow lep ....my midi controller is not being read by my machine.....i have tried many things ....it doesnt show up in the audio midi setup either...........im f****** mad at m audio for not having any helpful advice on this ....i dont know if this is the appropriate forum for this specific question but pls sense my desperation and angst right now.....hope to learn of a simple solution thanx

Back