M-Audio Axiom 25 - Discussion + Troubleshooting

Has anybody else had this problem?

You open up your brand new Axiom(61), you install the updated drivers from M-Audio site, you plug it in. you do all the usb installation routines. All 3 times.

You fire up your program (ableton live 6 lite and 7 demo, and minimoogVA). You set up your Controller in the MIDI preferences. And your ready to go.

You press the keys........nothing.... you press the pads....SOUNDS (and a midi inidicator), you slide the sliders, move the knobs and they all get midi signal indications.

So you do the zone range setting function, and no key is recognized but the last key on the right. So i cant even do that. My last resort is reseting the whole machine and wondering did i press something on accident that screwed it up when i first turned it on.

Has anybody fixed the problem of the keys not working no matter what they do? i really dont feel like sending it back.

I'm having a hard time try sync my axiom25 with my roland sp-303. i have both manuals and still not very clear on how to do it. dose anyone else feel that m-audio is not very clear with there information. help please

Problem with pads

Just got this great aparate few days ago and reading alot on internet iv got it setup quite well.. but theres some wierd problem with the drum pads, they work otherwise but every once in a while the sample is triggered twice very fast like tak tak tak trr tak, could it be broken or is this some driver issue? It happens with reason and fruityloops

c.Fuentes, what exactly are you trying to do? The Axiom manual is pretty complete, you just have to understand MIDI. Are you wanting to use the pads to trigger samples? The Roland's manual should tell you what MIDI notes it responds to, and same for FX parameters if they can be MIDI Controlled. You can create a preset with that data using Enigma. Check out the Enigma Group on Yahoo for an Enigma tutorial and additional help.

karpalo, not sure on that one. You may want to download MIDI-OX and see if it is in fact sending in double notes. There's a link in the links sectino of that Enigma Group. It could have something to do with latency, what sound card are you running? What's the buffer set for?

Thanks for reply

Thanks for reply, found this thread (and forum) through google and wasnt sure if its alive. Im having ancient and cheap soundblaster live .. i have tried tweaking the asio4all drivers but it seems to be the same problem, at moment the ASIO buffer size is 768.. less than that the sound gets distorted, latency compensation is 0 and 0 just for trying but i have tried all levels, same with use hardware buffer/buffer onset. I'll check that midi-ox

Last edited:
tak tak tak trr tak

You definitely need to invest in a new sound card! You can get the M-Audio Audiophile 192. It's not too expensize and it works great!!!

karpalo said:
Just got this great aparate few days ago and reading alot on internet iv got it setup quite well.. but theres some wierd problem with the drum pads, they work otherwise but every once in a while the sample is triggered twice very fast like tak tak tak trr tak, could it be broken or is this some driver issue? It happens with reason and fruityloops

The problem only happens with the 'fixed' velocity curves, i have tried to tap it as gently as possible but especially when playing on many different pads and faster the problem appears.. I allready got new soundcard but it didnt have any effect on the problem. And it only happens with the pads, i can play Battery vst for example with the keys and theres no problem, and without the fixed curve the pads seems to work.

Last edited:
Axiom 25

Sounds as if your Axiom is busted!!! Contact the dealer!!!

karpalo said:
The problem only happens with the 'fixed' velocity curves, i have tried to tap it as gently as possible but especially when playing on many different pads and faster the problem appears.. I allready got new soundcard but it didnt have any effect on the problem. And it only happens with the pads, i can play Battery vst for example with the keys and theres no problem, and without the fixed curve the pads seems to work.

enigma issue

i just watched a video on youtube about basic enigma setup.....specifically how to use preset 15 to use transport controls in Protools......i can't seem to get it to work....i'm not running my axiom usb rather through my mbox2 does this make a difference in the way you set up/use enigma

anyone have this same issue??

i'm dumb

wow thanks alot
it's all about winning small battles for me

i just assumed you had to control that w/ enigma.....i guess i don't understand completely....in the device list in enigma Mbox2 memory shows up......does that mean that i can still send presets and data to the controller through the mbox??

your right it doesn't recognize the axiom in the device list..... does that mean there's no use at all for enigma in my setup??

does protools have it's own built in protocol/app for creating and editing midi banks/presets/parameter on my axiom?

Why don't you just hook the Axiom up via USB when you need to use Enigma?

No, Pro Tools doesn't have anything like that. Go to the Enigma Group and check out the Axiom Pro Tools setup files, it explains it all. You would need Enigma to load that setup into your Axiom.

Q

what and where is the Enigma Group??

is it on FP somewhere?

I'm a slow adult

Last edited by a moderator:
Wierd problem with display

I just noticed the axiom display doesnt show the values of the events anymore .. like if i press a key or turn a knob it doesnt show the value.. all of the knobs show only 1 number but its not changing like it used to, is it broken or i accidently changed some settings? sorry for the bad english im hangovered, hope someone understands what i mean

The Axiom 49/61 have a hidden feature that turns of the value display (0-127) so it just shows the MIDI CC. Press the "Zone Range" and "Zone/Group" buttons at the same time to toggle the feature on and off.

TechKnowledgy said:
The Axiom 49/61 have a hidden feature that turns of the value display (0-127) so it just shows the MIDI CC. Press the "Zone Range" and "Zone/Group" buttons at the same time to toggle the feature on and off.

thanks alot it worked! lol whats the use of such thing? wonder how many people go to return it thinking its broken.

Hey yall I'm revivin this thread. I've had my 25 for three months but I've barely unlocked its potential. I'm using it in Reason 4.0 right now and this weird thing is happening where only one key per octave works. None of the other keys work. It's the same with the NN-XT, Redrum, etc. The pads work, usually about five or six of them and two don't do anything. I'm really confused by the Axiom overall but I know **** about MIDI.

Back