M-Audio Axiom 25 - Discussion + Troubleshooting

I am thinking about getting the Axiom 25... Looks awesome and has pads... SWEET!!!

Programming the Pads to the Keys

Hey Guys,

Aweome forum...already helped me a lot!!!! One quick question though....

Has anyone tried to Program the ReDrum from Reason 3.0 to the lower Keys on the controller instead of the 8 trigger pads? If this possible, how do you do this???? I would really like to use the keys instead of the Pads but I can not seem to figure it out. Can someone please help me.

subscribing to this thread....Getting my axiom 49 on tuesday along with ableton 6...also upgrading my reason from 2.5 to 3.0, and adding recycle...and my tracks already go hard...

soundforsoul said:
hello !
I have a problem with pad c17 from axiom 25 . Althought it sends midi signal (midi input from reason lightens up) , i cannot change the cc ..
so , here's what i do :
i press the c 17 pad, then > Advanced > ctrl assign> data 1 ( but the little musical note that should appear on the lcd , near the "midi " sign, doesn't appear! - on the other touchpads it appears, but not on the tab c17 ....
the data 1 key is working ( it sends midi signal while playing) , and so does the c 17 , but it controls the send 1 from control 9 , in redrum, and it won't change ....
the problem is that , when i press data 1 after " ctrl assign" , nothing happens.
does anyone have a solution for this ??

Soundforsoul, did u ever get your question answered???

Hi guys ! Go for the Novation SL keyboards. They are awesome - automapping lets you concentrate on the important stuff (make music) and the keyboard is very comfortable.

Hi,

I recently formatted my PC coz my Axiom 25 wasn't working at all. Now I've installed it and it worked fine. Then I downloaded the M-Audio/Reason patch, which makes Reason (3.0.4) recognize the thing as an Axiom 25, and not as a generic keyboard.
Now the transport controls work (yippe).

Anyway now I just want to know what Data numbers I should assign to the knobs to make them function the same way the Evo does.
I'm currently using the Evo locked to the main mixer, and I'm using the Axiom as the master keyboard..
Those of you who own the Evo will know that when you switch to a device (esp. effects and stuff) the knobs are configured such that the top row of knobs will control the knobs on the effect by default.

eg. If I switch to a flanger which has 4 knobs, I know damn well that the first four evo knobs will control these 4 knobs.

But with the Axiom I have to constantly use remote override which is bent. SO how do I configure my Axiom knobs such that they control the knobs on any effect device and other items by default.

Cheers,

EightsEntertainment said:
Also another quick question, is it possible to use the pads with anything other than redrum &/or reason itself? just kinda curious, the only apps that i've used the axiom w/ is reason, fruity loops, & various vst's.

& within reason how can you have the sample "cut itself" whenever you trigger it agian, like you can in fruity loops?

well i got to this question late (better than never)...i'm pretty sure you can use the pads with pretty much any DAW....

as far as making the sample "cut itself"....if you mean only playing the sample while holding down the key....there is no accurate way to manipulate this in reason (that i know of)...but you can mess with the knob on each redrum channel that says "length"...obviously this controls how long the note will be played.....big ups!

Thanks for the help Doctrine...I got my Axiom 25 to talk to Redrum...seems to be working great. Thanks.

Next step...

Since I'm triggering the drums using the Axiom 25, how do record the drums? I was hoping I could record right into the pattern maker using my Axiom 25 but it doesn't seem to work that way?

Brent

Doctrine said:
I just learned that very step tonight and I was already planning on posting it on here...

What you must learn are what 'CC, Channel, Data1, Data2, Data3' mean, not only in Enigma but on the controller itself. I'll tell you how to do it through the CONTROLLER (not Enigma software) because I have yet to fully understand transferring banks from the software to the Axiom...

If you look in the help file for reason's Redrum sampler, it says the 'note #' for the 10 channels on Redrum go from 36-45...

Stay with me, it's easier than you think.

You need to tell drum pad 1-8 that they need to control reasons note #'s 36-45, but you only have 8 pads on the Axiom so we'll do it 36-43...You access this feature by setting the "DATA 1" parameter on the Axiom...

How do you do that?

> Press the first pad (bottom left) on the axiom.

> Press "advanced" button

> Press the "Ctrl Assign" key (first piano key on Axiom 25, dunno 'bout others) then the number on the right should read "147" that is not the "DATA 1" parameter, that is CONTROL...

> Press the "Data 1" key (third black key from the left) and you probably will already see the number 36 on the screen now (that's the default). Still we will RE-Program it to the same thing for the sake of example.

> With the corresponding keys, punch in '36' then press the last white key which is 'enter' and you have that first pad now set for Note 36 wich will trigger channel 1 in redrum...

Now do the same steps with the second pad making IT'S Note number/Data 1 entry '37' and so on...

Pad 1 - DATA 1 = 36 for Redrum Channel 1
Pad 2 - DATA 1 = 37 for Redrum Channel 2
Pad 3 - DATA 1 = 38 for Redrum Channel 3
etc...

More to come...

Doctrine said:
Nice to know you got it...I know the feeling holmes...

Doctrine, you are my hero for this 1 man, much love for that, wouldve never figured it out on my own, 1

axiom 25

i have the axiom 25 with reason...one day i wanted to use it and my keyboard was not workin..i mean...when i hit the pad/key..normally youll see the led indicating that its recieving the message...that doesnt show,....can anyone help...im running it through usb

Problem

Hi, i have axiom 25....its soo fu....ng :) Beautifull to work with it...

But i have a small problem

I would like to assign d-pads to be just like mpc....when u click on sample (1st pad) that will play till the end of sample, lets say 3 seconds...but if i would push it in lets say 1,5 sec that will start from the start of the sample and play again...

I have already made this: advance - dpad - crtl assing - 148 and enter...

but problem is...when i touch the pad the second time...sample stops... but i would like to configure it...that it will stop...and at the same moment start again (from beginning of sample...)

TNX FOR HELP... sorry for my bad english....peace

hey yall i was actually trying to decide which one to get the 25 or the 49 which do you recommend? cause ive already got a workstaion keybord and i dont want another full sized at this point.

yeah yo i felt that korg jumpoff and the keys on it make it feel like a toy, it looks ok but the keys are extremely crappy no b.s

also i was wondering if you can configure the pads mpc style for sampling? chops?

Last edited:
thank you so much for your time , id just brought an axiom and was wondering why it no longer worked with redrum . all fixed now thanks to this thread .

I just bought my axiom 25 today... I love it, and I see alot of potential with it.

I plan to use it mainly as a DJing tool until I produce some worth-while beats, and I use ableton live. What I can't figure out is if it's possible to assign the dials to seperate knobs in abletons "EQ three" devices.

Ideally, what I want is to have 2 seperate tracks each with their own EQ. I want the bottom 4 dials to control low, mids, highs and gain for one track, and the top 4 dials doing the same for the other simultaniously, though from what I can see within ableton, you're forced to switch between tracks, and can only adjust one at a time. and that just sucks

Can any of you guys help me out?

Thank you!

Doctrine said:
I just learned that very step tonight and I was already planning on posting it on here...

What you must learn are what 'CC, Channel, Data1, Data2, Data3' mean, not only in Enigma but on the controller itself. I'll tell you how to do it through the CONTROLLER (not Enigma software) because I have yet to fully understand transferring banks from the software to the Axiom...

If you look in the help file for reason's Redrum sampler, it says the 'note #' for the 10 channels on Redrum go from 36-45...

Stay with me, it's easier than you think.

You need to tell drum pad 1-8 that they need to control reasons note #'s 36-45, but you only have 8 pads on the Axiom so we'll do it 36-43...You access this feature by setting the "DATA 1" parameter on the Axiom...

How do you do that?

> Press the first pad (bottom left) on the axiom.

> Press "advanced" button

> Press the "Ctrl Assign" key (first piano key on Axiom 25, dunno 'bout others) then the number on the right should read "147" that is not the "DATA 1" parameter, that is CONTROL...

> Press the "Data 1" key (third black key from the left) and you probably will already see the number 36 on the screen now (that's the default). Still we will RE-Program it to the same thing for the sake of example.

> With the corresponding keys, punch in '36' then press the last white key which is 'enter' and you have that first pad now set for Note 36 wich will trigger channel 1 in redrum...

Now do the same steps with the second pad making IT'S Note number/Data 1 entry '37' and so on...

Pad 1 - DATA 1 = 36 for Redrum Channel 1
Pad 2 - DATA 1 = 37 for Redrum Channel 2
Pad 3 - DATA 1 = 38 for Redrum Channel 3
etc...

More to come...

Ok Homeboy!!! Good lookin'!!! By any chance would you happen to know how to set up the transport controls?

a lil delay issues

yo-

i have the axiom 25 and have been using it for a couple weeks with reason. my problem is that when i play the axiom (the keys or the pads) i get a slight delay in reason. its usually nothing a little quanticization cant fix but id really like to kill the delay, if possible.

anyone else having this problem?

anyone know how to fix it?

danka

liquid music said:
yo-

i have the axiom 25 and have been using it for a couple weeks with reason. my problem is that when i play the axiom (the keys or the pads) i get a slight delay in reason. its usually nothing a little quanticization cant fix but id really like to kill the delay, if possible.

danka

This is called latency and it is dependent on the buffer size setting for your sound card. You can lower this in Reason's preferences, however, depending on what sound card you have, you may not get stable performance at low latency.

Axiom 25

liquid music said:
yo-

danka

Tech was correct as usual!!! What up Tech??? Holla back!!! If you're using the on-board soundcard on you PC, that's not cool!!! You need to invest in a PCI/AGP/PCI express sound card or just get an external joint. M-Audio has a few that aren't too expensive. I use the Audiophile 192. No latency what so ever!!! You get a tight sound too!!!

Back