Is Reason 6.0 Worth it?

The top hip hop producers who are getting paid don't use that bullshit REASON trash,you cannot dispute that. It's funny how you fanboys say that we lack creativity just because we don't want to be held back by Reasons limitation lol! To be honest there is nothing complicated in Reason it's a toy period,theres nothing in Reason that can **** with what vst/au can give you PERIOD!

The only limitations in life are the ones you set for yourself. FACT.

And you may want to educate yourself on a subject before running your mouth and making yourself look like a fool. I've included a link below. DJ Toomp uses trash and doesn't get paid? Please... you have a lot to learn.

Producer DJ Toomp (JayZ, Kanye West) Making a HOT beat in 3 minutes w/Reason! PT. 1/5 - YouTube

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

So your philosophy is that we should stay blind to new ideas and other daws and just use what we have no matter the short comings of it? Your point hasn't been made at all because no one here gives a shit about those people you mention really! You got producers from the east coast,producers from the west coast and the dirty south who cats respect and they don't use that bullshit REASON PERIOD!!!

DJ Shadow made his album "Endtroducing" with nothing but an MPC 60. Now please google that machine and look at the specs. At the time of it's release it was cutting edge, but it's pretty much ancient now. Any DAW out there including reason is light years ahead of that machine. Oh and it was named one of the greatest albums ever by TIME magazine.

What you're doing is misleading the OP and others reading this thread by telling them the software of their choice is garbage and they should just copy everyone else just like you're doing. I did make my point, and just because you're using FL Studio doesn't mean you're going to be successful. Reason is not limited, only your creativity is.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Reason it's a toy period,theres nothing in Reason that can **** with what vst/au can give you PERIOD!

You're obviously kidding right? How long have you been into production? Reason can do what 95% of what vsts can do, the only difference is that the vst is already set to go and with Reason you have to know how to program and route devices. So what you've just implied is that you need to make up for your lack of knowledge with a convenient vst. Understood.

And you may want to educate yourself on a subject before running your mouth and making yourself look like a fool. I've included a link below. DJ Toomp uses trash and doesn't get paid? Please... you have a lot to learn.

Producer DJ Toomp (JayZ, Kanye West) Making a HOT beat in 3 minutes w/Reason! PT. 1/5 - YouTube

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

DJ Shadow made his album "Endtroducing" with nothing but an MPC 60. Now please google that machine and look at the specs. At the time of it's release it was cutting edge, but it's pretty much ancient now. Any DAW out there including reason is light years ahead of that machine. Oh and it was named one of the greatest albums ever by TIME magazine.

What you're doing is misleading the OP and others reading this thread by telling them the software of their choice is garbage and they should just copy everyone else just like you're doing. I did make my point, and just because you're using FL Studio doesn't mean you're going to be successful. Reason is not limited, only your creativity is.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

You're obviously kidding right? How long have you been into production? Reason can do what 95% of what vsts can do, the only difference is that the vst is already set to go and with Reason you have to know how to program and route devices. So what you've just implied is that you need to make up for your lack of knowledge with a convenient vst. Understood.

Dude do you really want me to show you how many top producers don't use that trash Reason? Please don't make me go get all the TRAP STARS or other top producers who use FL,logic,live, and not that trash Reason! You're a ****ing liar Reason can only do maybe %40 of what real daw do period! No midi out for cats who still use hardware,no vst/au/ you cant use NI products with it,it's a bullshit program period. You had to compare Reason to an mpc60 haha you real funny but lets compare Reason to FL,LIVE,LOGIC,or KOMPLETE 8(which isn't a daw but machine can still runs VST/au's) Reason is DEAD LAST man! What I'm tell the OP is if he wants a REAL daw that can host VST/au, do advance editing,advanced sound design,advance midi out options then don't go to that trash reason period! Reason can't **** with anything in other daws period!!

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Also you are the one making yourself look like a FOOL your not on PHEADS forum lol. It's more cats here who use other programs who can testify that REASON is trash compared to REAL daws. I'd take REAPER over that bullshit REASON!

Last edited:
Dude do you really want me to show you how many top producers don't use that trash Reason? Please don't make me go get all the TRAP STARS or other top producers who use FL,logic,live, and not that trash Reason! You're a ****ing liar Reason can only do maybe %40 of what real daw do period! No midi out for cats who still use hardware,no vst/au/ you cant use NI products with it,it's a bullshit program period. You had to compare Reason to an mpc60 haha you real funny but lets compare Reason to FL,LIVE,LOGIC,or KOMPLETE 8(which isn't a daw but can still runs VST/au's) Reason is DEAD LAST man! What I'm tell the OP is if he wants a REAL daw that can host VST/au, do advance editing,advanced sound design,advance midi out options then don't go to that trash reason period! Reason can't **** with anything in other daws period!!

Aw man, I can do this all day...

It doesn't matter how many producers DON'T use Reason, if a person wants to use it because they're comfortable with it and it makes them more efficient because they "get" the workflow then they should buy it and not look back. Reason can in fact "****" with every other DAW because it's been proven that it can hold it's own. I'll tell you what though, Reason is more powerful now than when 9th Wonder first starting using FL (back then it was called Fruity Loops). Did you think he delayed making music because he couldn't afford what "successful" producers where using? NO, because he's an artist and like other artists he sat down and said "**** it, I want to make music and I'm going to use what ever tools I can get my hands on to do it". Because that's what artists do.

Now instead of naming producers that don't use Reason, let's start naming artists that made hit songs and won awards using nothing but garbage. Because that'll really show that it's about YOU and not the software he or she is using. You don't seem to know you're history because if you did you'd know that the ideal setup back in the day was an emu SP1200 and an Akai S950. That was the ideal setup and plenty of hits have been made with it. It's what Ski Beatz used to make Jay-Z's Dead Presidents just to name one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY8EIoMelFc

emu SP1200 = Redrum in Reason
Akai S950 = NN-19 in Reason

And that's just those two device that pale in comparison to the newer NN-XT and Kong.

No fancy vsts. Just pure talent and thinking outside the box.

You keep missing my point and I hope your productions skills aren't as bad as your reading comprehension skills. If it is then we've narrowed down you're problem in the creative department. Use what you have and what you're comfortable with and keep practicing.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

...or KOMPLETE 8(which isn't a daw but machine can still runs VST/au's)

Komplete 8 is a software suite comprised of vsts, it doesn't run them. /facepalm.

And you actually think Reaper is better than Reason 6? Now you're just trolling. hahaha, you almost had me there.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

What I'm tell the OP is if he wants a REAL daw that can host VST/au, do advance editing,advanced sound design,advance midi out options then don't go to that trash reason period! Reason can't **** with anything in other daws period!

::rollseyes::

Now I know you're just ****ing with us or you honestly don't even know what any of that stuff is or how it's done. Good one. What I'm trying to say is that if he already has Reason and is happy with it then he should upgrade. YOU DO NOT need vsts, Lady Gaga's producer RedOne is all ITB, no vsts what-so-ever. Advanced sound design? You don't know anything about synthesis or sound design because you'd know Reason is PRO at that. Keep 'em coming, I'll keep knocking them down.

Last edited:

Aw man, I can do this all day...

It doesn't matter how many producers DON'T use Reason, if a person wants to use it because they're comfortable with it and it makes them more efficient because they "get" the workflow then they should buy it and not look back. Reason can in fact "****" with every other DAW because it's been proven that it can hold it's own. I'll tell you what though, Reason is more powerful now than when 9th Wonder first starting using FL (back then it was called Fruity Loops). Did you think he delayed making music because he couldn't afford what "successful" producers where using? NO, because he's an artist and like other artists he sat down and said "**** it, I want to make music and I'm going to use what ever tools I can get my hands on to do it". Because that's what artists do.

Now instead of naming producers that don't use Reason, let's start naming artists that made hit songs and won awards using nothing but garbage. Because that'll really show that it's about YOU and not the software he or she is using. You don't seem to know you're history because if you did you'd know that the ideal setup back in the day was an emu SP1200 and an Akai S950. That was the ideal setup and plenty of hits have been made with it. It's what Ski Beatz used to make Jay-Z's Dead Presidents just to name one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY8EIoMelFc

emu SP1200 = Redrum in Reason
Akai S950 = NN-19 in Reason

And that's just those two device that pale in comparison to the newer NN-XT and Kong.

No fancy vsts. Just pure talent and thinking outside the box.

You keep missing my point and I hope your productions skills aren't as bad as your reading comprehension skills. If it is then we've narrowed down you're problem in the creative department. Use what you have and what you're comfortable with and keep practicing.

Dude you not gone bullshit man you keep comparing reason to old gear we talking about compared to other daws again you cant bullshit me! Does Reason have anything like gross beat in FL..no,does reason have anythyng like beat repeat in live um...no,does reason have anything like the physical model in logic ..no again,can reason do video...no again. Stop trying to compare that trash to some 90ies gear compare it to a REAL daw. I don't give a **** what they used 20 to 30 years ago to make good recording it don't mean we're going back and using that shit man who you fooling! Reason is trash dude! And i bet your music is trash too! Let's hear some of your shit!

Dude you not gone bullshit man you keep comparing reason to old gear we talking about compared to other daws again you cant bullshit me! Does Reason have anything like gross beat in FL..no,does reason have anythyng like beat repeat in live um...no,does reason have anything like the physical model in logic ..no again,can reason do video...no again. Stop trying to compare that trash to some 90ies gear compare it to a REAL daw. I don't give a **** what they used 20 to 30 years ago to make good recording it don't mean we're going back and using that shit man who you fooling! Reason is trash dude! And i bet your music is trash too! Let's hear some of your shit!

Alright, now you're just being a clown. It was all trash but people still managed to make hits with that "trash". See, you're missing the whole point again. They used what they had and what they were comfortable with. READ WHAT'S BEING WRITTEN PLEASE.

umadbro?

Last edited:
Alright, now you're just being a clown. It was all trash but people still managed to make hits with that "trash". See, you're missing the whole point again. They used what they had and what they were comfortable with. READ WHAT'S BEING WRITTEN PLEASE.

umadbro?

Again your philosophy is a FOOLS philosophy don't evolve stay with a limited program and stay behind the times just because your comfortable with it,even though there is something out there that's better and more efficient,that's how fools think!

Let's hear some of your shit!

I'll repeat what I said in a previous post. This isn't about me, the thread is about Reason 6 and if the OP should upgrade. And my POINT for the hundredth time (even with all of the examples I've given that continue to go right over your head) is that if he already has Reason, likes Reason, is comfortable with Reason, and is wondering if he should upgrade to 6, I'm telling him yes. Reason 6 is badass.

If you're good you can make art with anything.

But since you love turning things around in hopes that it'll give you the advantage in this debate, let's hear some of your music and all of the incredible shit you can do that Reason can't.

Don't worry, I'll wait...

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Again your philosophy is a FOOLS philosophy don't evolve stay with a limited program and stay behind the times just because your comfortable with it,even though there is something out there that's better and more efficient,that's how fools think!

"I'm an artist. You give me a ****ing tuba, I'll get you something out of it." - John Lennon

Are you saying he's a fool and you're more of an artist than him?

I'll repeat what I said in a previous post. This isn't about me, the thread is about Reason 6 and if the OP should upgrade. And my POINT for the hundredth time (even with all of the examples I've given that continue to go right over your head) is that if he already has Reason, likes Reason, is comfortable with Reason, and is wondering if he should upgrade to 6, I'm telling him yes. Reason 6 is badass.

If you're good you can make art with anything.

But since you love turning things around in hopes that it'll give you the advantage in this debate, let's hear some of your music and all of the incredible shit you can do that Reason can't.

Don't worry, I'll wait...

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

"I'm an artist. You give me a ****ing tuba, I'll get you something out of it." - John Lennon

Are you saying he's a fool and you're more of an artist than him?

Dude you not gone bullshit me you're not smart enough you were the one comparing big budget dudes to me,talking out your ass big time saying you can do this and that,saying my music must be bad. Let's hear yo shit!

a limited program and stay behind the times just because your comfortable with it

It's limited because you can't use vsts? And this is why Reason is behind the times? Ok dude. And YES you should stick with what you're comfortable with. Want another example? Look up Burial, he's a UK Garage/Futurestep/Dubstep producer that was nominated for the 2008 Mercury Music Prize. What did he use?

A broken laptop running Windows, and Sound Forge.

You know anything about Sound Forge? It's not a DAW, has no vsts, no sequencer, no grid, no soft synths. He said that he has no interest in learning how to use a proper sequencer.

He didn't care what anyone else was using. If you do then that's cool man. But it is all about what you're comfortable with and how good you are at using it.

No where did I ever state that things shouldn't evolve, but you don't have to jump on the bandwagon just because someone else does.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Dude you not gone bullshit me you're not smart enough you were the one comparing big budget dudes to me,talking out your ass big time saying you can do this and that,saying my music must be bad. Let's hear yo shit!

Please quote where I said I could do "this or that". Nope not me. Comparing you to big budget dudes? LOL, no the first examples I gave where Olivia Broadfield, Ivan Shopov, and AudioUK. These are not big budget by any means, but they are in fact very successful in their careers using the most modest gear. Oh and they use Reason.

I started throwing in the bigger names to prove that even the heavy hitters use Reason. See?

These are just simple examples of the tried and true "It's not what you have, but how you use it" and for some reason (no pun intended), you're not happy with that.

There's no need to bullshit you or outsmart you. I've just been giving you the rope and then watching you hang yourself with it.

Last edited:

It's limited because you can't use vsts? And this is why Reason is behind the times? Ok dude. And YES you should stick with what you're comfortable with. Want another example? Look up Burial, he's a UK Garage/Futurestep/Dubstep producer that was nominated for the 2008 Mercury Music Prize. What did he use?

A broken laptop running Windows, and Sound Forge.

You know anything about Sound Forge? It's not a DAW, has no vsts, no sequencer, no grid, no soft synths. He said that he has no interest in learning how to use a proper sequencer.

He didn't care what anyone else is using. If you do then that's cool man. But it is all about what you're comfortable with and how good you are at using it.

No where did I ever state that things shouldn't evolve, but you don't have to jump on the bandwagon just because someone else does.

That's exactly what you're saying dude that stick to what you know even if it is using something from 30ty years ago,just keep using it because your comfortable with it,that's your whole argument dude!! Again it's not just vst/au did you read the other shit i mentioned? I'm gone after this if you feel like living in the past is progress so be it,i choose to use the most updated and advanced gear i can find!

That's exactly what you're saying dude that stick to what you know even if it is using something from 30ty years ago,just keep using it because your comfortable with it,that's your whole argument dude!!

Exactly! Now you're getting it. If the OP is happy with Reason and it works for him then there's no reason to change (again, no pun intended). Great music has been made with less. I think it's you that either A) Hasn't been reading, or B) Doesn't really understand what he's talking about.

This is the point where I'd tip my hat and thank you for being a formidable opponent but in all honesty, you really weren't.

Good luck in all of your endeavors.

Last edited:
I'm hoping someone makes a rack extension to take the pain out of slicing. as much as i loved reason for all these years, its hard to pretend the recycle/rex system doesn't add a bit much to my work flow. especially since, now logic pro has my attention...slicing with a simple keystroke...

Exactly! Now you're getting it. If the OP is happy with Reason and it works for him then there's no reason to change (again, no pun intended). Great music has been made with less. I think it's you that either A) Hasn't been reading, or B) Don't really understand what you're talking about.

This is the point where I'd tip my hat and thank you for being a formidable opponent but in all honesty, you really weren't.

Good luck in all of your endeavors.
You really believe that shit? That if a dude wants midi out he should just stick to Reason even though most other daws have it? Is that what you think? You don't know what **** your talking clown with a FOOLS mentality!

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

I'm hoping someone makes a rack extension to take the pain out of slicing. as much as i loved reason for all these years, its hard to pretend the recycle/rex system doesn't add a bit much to my work flow. especially since, now logic pro has my attention...slicing with a simple keystroke...

Skool appleloops is 10 times more powerful than recycle man! Youtube working with apple loops you won't go back to using recycle bruh!

im not going back to recycle anyway. I've moved away from pirating some time ago and I'm not interested in dropping another 140 for something that other DAWs do by default

reason is still incredible and i still think its worth every penny though. thats what always given me the best results. logic pro is slowly becoming a star in my setup though. best implementation of rewire I've ever seen...

Last edited:
You really believe that shit? That if a dude wants midi out he should just stick to Reason even though most other daws have it? Is that what you think? You don't know what **** your talking clown with a FOOLS mentality!

Have you verified with the OP if he needs MIDI out? Dude, you're just going in circles now. Read what I've written and try putting one and one together. IF REASON WORKS FOR HIM, AND HE'S COMFORTABLE WITH IT, AND IT DOES EVERYTHING "HE" NEEDS IT TO DO, THEN HE SHOULD STICK WITH IT AND UPGRADE.

Are you ****ing stupid?

And please enlighten us all and describe with detail the amazing projects that YOU need midi out for. I'm not saying it's useless, David Guetta and Deadmau5 find themselves going back and forth between programs because they need it. But do you? Does the OP need it? You're just going by what other artists are using and not even taking into account your own situation or abilities.

Is Jay-Z flying into your bedroom to lay down some vocals this week? Do you have vintage synths piled up in your bedroom studio? LOL...

And it's been stated many times by big name producers that there is no real difference between soft synths and hardware. If you're running out and buying expensive ass keyboards and sound modules just so you can imitate the producers you admire, well then... you're dumb. There's really no other way of putting it.

But yes, if you do find yourself in a situation where you have a bunch of hardware or are recording an artist that insists on using some of his/her fav gear, then you should go with Logic, Cubase, etc.

That's not the OP's concern though.

Last edited:
im not going back to recycle anyway. I've moved away from pirating some time ago and I'm not interested in dropping another 140 for something that other DAWs do by default

reason is still incredible and i still think its worth every penny though. thats what always given me the best results. logic pro is slowly becoming a star in my setup though. best implementation of rewire I've ever seen...

I feel you on that but what made me really leave Reason was that it's mostly samples unlike Logic which uses wav forms and lfo's and shit to generate sound for the most part. youtube ultrabeat and you wont use kong or redrum again dude! Ultrabeat isnt a sampler it's like putting 25 thor,25 screams,25 eg's in one module bruh. It uses wav,lfo,filters and shit to make drum sounds and they sound REAL good bruh! It can play samples but i'm at the point were i'm moving away from using just samples.

woa woa woa...lets not get crazy lol

i will never stop using redrum. EVER. redrum + regroove...nah son never. thats my rambo knife breh, my broken in baseball glove

i can use wavs and filters with redrum anyway...kong too if I'm not mistaken

Last edited:
woa woa woa...lets not get crazy lol

i will never stop using redrum. EVER. redrum + regroove...nah son never. thats my rambo knife breh, my broken in baseball glove

hahaha lol! I'll just say this once you get the hang of it you're hooked!

I feel you on that but what made me really leave Reason was that it's mostly samples unlike Logic which uses wav forms and lfo's and shit to generate sound for the most part. youtube ultrabeat and you wont use kong or redrum again dude! Ultrabeat isnt a sampler it's like putting 25 thor,25 screams,25 eg's in one module bruh. It uses wav,lfo,filters and shit to make drum sounds and they sound REAL good bruh! It can play samples but i'm at the point were i'm moving away from using just samples.

You really don't know what the hell you are talking about. Absolutely clueless...

Do you even know how synthesis works? It's obvious you're just repeating shit you read and don't even understand it at all.

How about YOU youtube Kong and find out why it's called a "Drum Designer".

I'll make it easier for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBdy0aTW5YI

I'll leave you alone now to play with your "wav forms and lfo's and shit to generate sound" that you know very little about.

Last edited:
You really don't know what the hell you are talking about. Absolutely clueless...

Do you even know how synthesis works? It's obvious you're just repeating shit you read and don't even understand it at all.

How about YOU youtube Kong and find out why it's called a "Drum Designer".

I'll make it easier for you:

Reason 5 - Kong Drum Designer - YouTube

I'll leave you alone now to play with your "wav forms and lfo's and shit to generate sound" that you know very little about.

Dude!!! Are you serious??? That baby shit cant **** with ULTRABEAT man! Can you drag and drop in kong or redrum? Shut up talking to me clown it's obvious you know nothing about any other daw dude!
Tip #7 - Ultrabeat - 1 of 2 - Logic Studio Tips - YouTube
Tip #7 - Ultrabeat - 2 of 2 - Logic Studio Tips - YouTube

Last edited:
Back