Is Reason 6.0 Worth it?

Doggy_mane

Wassup y'all?

So what do you think? is Reason 6.0 worth it? I've been an active reason user for a number of years now, since 2.5 and I have no complaints... I'm currently using Reason 5.0 and have made some beautiful music using it.

I would just like to know, is it worth the $600 as far as an upgrade with new features from Reason 5.0.

Has the sound quality improved? from 5.0?

Right now I'm considering between switching to Logic, or upgrading to Reason 6.0.

Please advise,

Bless

Last edited:
The upgrade costs something below $200, $600 is the full version price. I don't know if the actual sound engine has gone through revisions, but obviously the new mixer & audio recording (plus the new effects) bring a lot to the table. If you feel comfortable with Reason, I'd say it's well worth it.

Ive been thinking about the upgrade myself. I think the upgrade for someone who owns version 5 is about 160. However I have been cautioned that since it is a bigger program it is more expensive on cpu so if you are rewiring to another program that does audio you may want to reconsider....

upgrade is 169, full version is 400 and yes its worth every penny

youre familiar with reason so just imagine it transformed into a DAW in which you can record, mix, and master entire songs

Opening older Reason 5 files has been a headache since they open on 1 channel...i made a post about it.

I'm sure its a monster at the end of the day but its been a headache for me.

Far as new soundbanks, there's a few! I haven't explored all, but some appear great! I'd definitely say its worth it, i'm just having problems right now and haven't had the time to solve the issues.

trial it first... but i think it is dope i might need to get it to they put some new tools in this one that are looking the biz check this demo out by PHeads Introducing Reason 6 - YouTube if you making dubstep with Reson The new pulveriser is looking good and the tape effect seems good

But they bring this out because they don't do vst plugs.. i use reason but I'm trying to become less dependent on it and use cubase only (cus no plug-ins) there's no reason (pardon the pun) you cant make cubase sound like all the synths in Reason and get plug-ins to add the new echo Reason added .... but if you look at the Reason demo they seem so easy to use. With some nice automation on that echo you could make some nice sounds

mmm yo trabaje hasta hace poco en reason 5 pero como compre una nueva imac no eh podido trabajar en el reason 5 porque esta solo lee el reason 6, la verdad me gustaría saber que tal funciona lo nuevo...

Wassup y'all?

So what do you think? is Reason 6.0 worth it? I've been an active reason user for a number of years now, since 2.5 and I have no complaints... I'm currently using Reason 5.0 and have made some beautiful music using it.

I would just like to know, is it worth the $600 as far as an upgrade with new features from Reason 5.0.

Right now I'm considering between switching to Logic, or upgrading to Reason 6.0.

Please advise,

Bless

If you have 5.0 you wouldn't have to pay that full price. Did you know when they were coming with 6 they had a pay what you want? People were buying Reason 6 for $1. I paid less than $20 bucks for mines. And yes it's worth it. Do you have a need for the SSL 9000k mixer? If so get it and you will see. and the three new effects are really nice. As you know now you get drag and drop that's sweet. so it's all up to you if you need it or not, check out what they have. It's gone 64bit, though that makes no difference to me I didn't get it because of that, I rock at 32bit still

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Reason 6 is amazing. I feel bad for people who listen to nay sayers about reason.

I concur with that 100% :cheers:

It has saved me lots of craziness, and it gives me great confidence to do a track, and quick also. Oh lets not talk about the plethora of refills and how top notch they sound. They can give VST/i's a run for their money, especially on the money side because they sound good and you can get lots of refills for free!!! that's so sweet.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

mmm yo trabaje hasta hace poco en reason 5 pero como compre una nueva imac no eh podido trabajar en el reason 5 porque esta solo lee el reason 6, la verdad me gustaría saber que tal funciona lo nuevo...

Cómo es usted? La razón 6 son una gran herramienta y tienen 3 nuevos dispositivos si baila música pop que usted los querrá tanto.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wassup y'all?

Please advise,

Bless

**** yeah!
Been using Reason since 3. Never been happier about a Reason version. Finally record and reason integrated. Soundbank has been through a revision. The structure layout is better. The effects are in folders and propperly named. Like eq, dynamics, mastering,etc. Also, there are more effects and better effects. The factory soundbank has some extras. A lot of them were already present in 5 though. I don't care about that too much tbh, there are just a couple of refills you can't do without. I seriously don't get that whole vst discussion. Yeah, of course, I'm a die hard Reason fan boy... Used vsts like ten years back, for a very short while. Reason has never made me think like man, I miss something... Always given me enough never to think I should be exploring vsts morel. Reason can do the same as a lot of vsts , just in a different way. If you used Reason in the past and say you liked it, Reason 6 is gonna make you .... Yeah, anyway, get Reason 6 man, it freaking rocks!

I shot them the $10 when they had that pay what you want deal going because I already had Record, but if you only have Reason 5, then yes, version 6 is well worth the upgrade. If you were using Record, I wouldn't pay the full amount for the upgrade.

I'm lying. I would pay for the upgrade. I pay for Pro Tools, Logic, and Live upgrades and I don't even use them. I just like to stay up to date, you never know? Plus I can afford it because I ride around and I gets it lol. Get version 6 if you can, I extensively use the Pulveriser on almost ALL my drums. Combine that bit with a Scream and a RV7000 wit some EQ tweaks and DAMMMMNNNNN! Instant heat. Almost.

I shot them the $10 when they had that pay what you want deal going because I already had Record, but if you only have Reason 5, then yes, version 6 is well worth the upgrade. If you were using Record, I wouldn't pay the full amount for the upgrade.

I'm lying. I would pay for the upgrade. I pay for Pro Tools, Logic, and Live upgrades and I don't even use them. I just like to stay up to date, you never know? Plus I can afford it because I ride around and I gets it lol. Get version 6 if you can, I extensively use the Pulveriser on almost ALL my drums. Combine that bit with a Scream and a RV7000 wit some EQ tweaks and DAMMMMNNNNN! Instant heat. Almost.

I feel you on that end, I use Pulvi on drums too, and when I am doing Pop Dance tunes man that trusty Alligator with the arpreggiator to give me a counter melody is like my personal go to formula now. It's so easy to use it's ridiculous saves me lots of time. The things you can do with it is bananas!!!

<font size="3">

I feel you on that end, I use Pulvi on drums too, and when I am doing Pop Dance tunes man that trusty Alligator with the arpreggiator to give me a counter melody is like my personal go to formula now. It's so easy to use it's ridiculous saves me lots of time. The things you can do with it is bananas!!!

<font size="3">

The don't know dun son... they don't know!!!

The don't know dun son... they don't know!!!

See what some of these Maschine cat users and other don't realize is that the three new devices, each one has multi-function added features so Puli has like 4 different things on it it's not just a one device thingy. Alli has like 5, Echo has like 6 so you got all the features from one unit. Now I wonder do Machine have a device like Alligator?hmmmmmm

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

i agree with what you said. Every version of Reason I am upgrading. Heck I am trying to figure out what they can do, midi out, add Recycle to Reason? oh definitely better editing. I am good now, loving this program, R6 is a beast!!!!

Version 6 is way better. You should definitely upgrade but buy the upgrade not the full price of a new one.

Been using Reason since version 2. It's definitely worth it.

The new mixer makes everything sound much better...

Been using Reason since version 2. It's definitely worth it.

The new mixer makes everything sound much better...

That is the top reason I got Reason when it first came with that SSL 9000K at first I was skeptical and amazed at the same time. because my boy and use to talk about them getting a new mixer that can just open and sound great without running outta inputs then have to link up another 14:2 mixer. We would always say what if they put an SSL in it. WE were just dreaming and didn't know it would happen, when it did I was like "HOLY MOTHA OF BEAST!!!" The time stretch blew me away and still does. Every time I use it, it never fails me and it quick to use.Fastest and easiest to use IMO, faster than Protools, you have to jump through loops with PT. Being I have that Alpha Track it controls every knob on the SSL except knobs on the effect sends 7 & 8, 1 through 6 it works.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

FUNKIN

what these Reason fanboi do not understand is that Maschine can load vst/i... there are tons of vst/i that will "kill" the devices in Reason... simple as that!!! with vst/i support the sky is the limit... you can have as many devices as you can afford... with Reason the limit is the number of devices... you do the math!!!!

Here's the math, lets see if you can count. First off I will start off Reason is not a DAW.

Now if one wants to use VST/i's with Reason, IT'S A MYTH YOU CAN'T, STOP TELLING MYTHS AND DEAL WITH REALITY!!!

1. Rewire
2. Bounce to disk and stems from Reason. Reason will let you bounce all tracks or ones you specifically want wet or dry simultaneously. then you can bring up each track in your favorite DAW!!!
3. Soundflower or Jack, these help one to go directly from a VST directly into Reason, and you can record as if you're recording from a hardware device, only you're recording from a Software stand alone device!!! Not even Protools offer VST support you have to buy a wrapper from a 3rd party company to use them. SMH dude say the same thing over and over.

1+2+3 = Math Done!!! THE SKY IS THE LIMIT WITH THOSE THREE OPTIONS AND THAT'S A FACT!!!

Let it be known there are Devices in Reason that will kill VSTs, hence Combinator, and it's routing, Machine nor nothing is like it. SSL9000k mixer is the best mixer that comes with a program on this planet, and better than maschine!!

Last edited by a moderator:
what these Reason fanboi do not understand is that Maschine can load vst/i... there are tons of vst/i that will "kill" the devices in Reason... simple as that!!! with vst/i support the sky is the limit... you can have as many devices as you can afford... with Reason the limit is the number of devices... you do the math!!!!
Not to mention all of the freeware out there lol. I'm not seeing how his argument holds weight saying Reason devices offer more when the nice part of vsti is variety/options to have the device for you. Granred I still love Reason that made me lol

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

That is the top reason I got Reason when it first came with that SSL 9000K at first I was skeptical and amazed at the same time. because my boy and use to talk about them getting a new mixer that can just open and sound great without running outta inputs then have to link up another 14:2 mixer. We would always say what if they put an SSL in it. WE were just dreaming and didn't know it would happen, when it did I was like "HOLY MOTHA OF BEAST!!!" The time stretch blew me away and still does. Every time I use it, it never fails me and it quick to use.Fastest and easiest to use IMO, faster than Protools, you have to jump through loops with PT. Being I have that Alpha Track it controls every knob on the SSL except knobs on the effect sends 7 & 8, 1 through 6 it works.---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------Here's the math, lets see if you can count. First off I will start off Reason is not a DAW. Now if one wants to use VST/i's with Reason, IT'S A MYTH YOU CAN'T, STOP TELLING MYTHS AND DEAL WITH REALITY!!!1. Rewire2. Bounce to disk and stems from Reason. Reason will let you bounce all tracks or ones you specifically want wet or dry simultaneously. then you can bring up each track in your favorite DAW!!! 3. Soundflower or Jack, these help one to go directly from a VST directly into Reason, and you can record as if you're recording from a hardware device, only you're recording from a Software stand alone device!!! Not even Protools offer VST support you have to buy a wrapper from a 3rd party company to use them. SMH dude say the same thing over and over.1+2+3 = Math Done!!! THE SKY IS THE LIMIT WITH THOSE THREE OPTIONS AND THAT'S A FACT!!! Let it be known there are Devices in Reason that will kill VSTs, hence Combinator, and it's routing, Machine nor nothing is like it. SSL9000k mixer is the best mixer that comes with a program on this planet, and better than maschine!!
Have you tried the new mixer in Sonar? Its pretty sweet too

Not to mention all of the freeware out there lol. I'm not seeing how his argument holds weight saying Reason devices offer more when the nice part of vsti is variety/options to have the device for you. Granred I still love Reason that made me lol

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Have you tried the new mixer in Sonar? Its pretty sweet too

Yeah it's cool it looks nice but it's no SSL9000k, by no means of the fashion. Question for you, given the two, if you had to pick which one would you pic, Sonar mixer or Reason SSL 9000K? Me I would go for the 9000K.

Back