Is Reason 6.0 Worth it?

Very Much Well Worth It!

I have had Reason 6 since December 2012 and have been absolutely amazed at how easy it is to use. And since then there have been news and videos on the Extensions that are coming out that are comparable to VSTs. I say stick with what you know and watch it grow!

JordanL

Wassup y'all?
So what do you think? is Reason 6.0 worth it? I've been an active reason user for a number of years now, since 2.5 and I have no complaints... I'm currently using Reason 5.0 and have made some beautiful music using it.
I would just like to know, is it worth the $600 as far as an upgrade with new features from Reason 5.0.
Has the sound quality improved? from 5.0?
Right now I'm considering between switching to Logic, or upgrading to Reason 6.0.
Please advise,
Bless

Reason6 replaces the Reason+Record duo thing. Meaning, Reason all by itself does audio and i samples itself into the samples /has audio inputs. I didn't know it was $600 though(!)
I bought it when Propheads did that "pay whatever you want for Reason upgrade" promotion.
It's a good upgrade.

with everything combined and now they have something called RE (rack extensions) free to R6 owners. go to youtube and search reason rack extensions (its a 40+min video that shows how much of a power house the new version is about to become)

definitely worth getting !!!

with everything combined and now they have something called RE (rack extensions) free to R6 owners. go to youtube and search reason rack extensions (its a 40+min video that shows how much of a power house the new version is about to become)

definitely worth getting !!!

Exactly!!! Reason is getting better and better, I told cats this years ago. That's why I always talked about it in a positive light then you have clowns talking about it's this and that. Then trying to get personal when you ask them where is their music they have none. I put those clowns on ignore!!!

For anyone though think that you can only have one publishing deal is out touch with himself and music wise. Is a dam dummy!!!

Scairkrow you're right though this is very exciting with Reason and I can't wait.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

I have had Reason 6 since December 2012 and have been absolutely amazed at how easy it is to use. And since then there have been news and videos on the Extensions that are coming out that are comparable to VSTs. I say stick with what you know and watch it grow!

JordanL

It's so so easy to use, I can't even make Music on Protools the way I want, yet the sequencer in Reason is so so so so sweet to me and I can do anything in it. It's ease of use and flow makes me love that program more and more. You don't need a super powerful computer to run it either. Refill galore and the RE's that's coming is just going to make it sweet, I can't wait to see what Korg comes with.

Back