Is Chief Keef a One Hit Wonder-article

He probably is gonna be a one hit wonder.. but it is WAY TO EARLY for these accusations.. i mean he's only 16 and more famous then he dreamed of.. he does radio interviews high as hell and is quite and shy... when i smoke.. I"m the exact same way lol and alotta people i knowdon't dare go out when their high.. and for his performance at sobs? are you serious? he turned the place the **** up... every review gave him positive reviews. I mean he does need more songs but it was a crazy 15 mins everyone said lol here's video CHIEF KEEF NYC DEBUT LIVE SHOW - "I DON'T LIKE" @ S.O.B.s : BLOWHIPHOPTV.COM - YouTube <- if thats not great crowd reaction what is ? lol

The Remix blew up Keef!!! It brought way more attention to him than what he would've had if the remix were never made. I don't know how many people I've heard say that they never heard the original, but know the remix.

My opinion.....it would've blew up without Kanye and blew up WAAY bigger.

Someone else from the Chi is going to do things the right way.

And the thing that is different from that remix to all of the others is that....IT IS GETTING ROTATION. That is the big deal. Kanye made an actual song out of it...not just some random stuff.

This is a random remix that is no big deal.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Chop need to hop off the high horse and realize just because something sounds perfect to you doesn't mean it sounds perfect to someone else.

smh. So people can just fix shit to be perfect how they feel is perfect of somebody else's music and get rotation WITHOUT permission?

Just don't get it? People actually don't want control of their own work. They feel a person with a name is actually benefiting them. They will except being belittled by these dudes like if they don't let them do what they want then their career is over. Kanye can't even help Good music. lol! How is he going to help Keef and Chop?

Isn't Tony Williams his cousin or something?

Nobody want to hear that shit. That's that shit they don't like. Why remix it?

Last edited:

And the thing that is different from that remix to all of the others is that....IT IS GETTING ROTATION. That is the big deal. Kanye made an actual song out of it...not just some random stuff.

He did the same thing he did with Mercy and with H.A.M. He took an instrumental(which he had permission to use) and recorded over it. He did nothing to wrong Chop. If chop didn't want him to change the instrumental he should've made that clear when he made the deal for Kanye to remix it. This actually standard procedure. You make a beat, you give it to an artist to record over. That artist can record, chop or edit the beat in anyway they want. The remix wasn't done without Chop's permission. The only thing that was done without Chop's permission is the change to the instrumental.

I see what the difference of opinion is. You're under the impression that Kanye made the remix without Chop's permission. Kanye had permission to remix it. Here's Chop saying that Kanye was allowed to remix it.

Kanye West Angers 'I Don't Like' Producer Over Song Remix

Last edited:
"I just felt disrespected 'cause I didn't even hear the song before it dropped, and I kept telling them that I wanna hear the song," the producer explains why he's mad as hell when hearing the remix of the Chief Keef song.

Treated him like a sucka. That's enough said right there.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

smh. So people can just fix shit to be perfect how they feel is perfect of somebody else's music and get rotation WITHOUT permission?

Just don't get it? People actually don't want control of their own work. They feel a person with a name is actually benefiting them. They will except being belittled by these dudes like if they don't let them do what they want then their career is over. Kanye can't even help Good music. lol! How is he going to help Keef and Chop?

Isn't Tony Williams his cousin or something?

Nobody want to hear that shit. That's that shit they don't like. Why remix it?

Man Rice u had me bout co-sign big time with Chop. I was like Chop related to the great Tony Williams, Miles's former drummer and one of the greatest jazz drummers ever. Oh sh_. Then i saw the vid. Oh well, the legendary Tony Williams:

"Chop said that he was in the studio in Los Angeles with Sean when he laid his vocals, and nothing had been tweaked at the time."

"a process which didn’t involve him. “He didn’t sit at the table and make that beat,” Chop said of Kanye. “He just coulda asked me. He changed what I put my time into. I made it the way how I made it.”“The song blew up before Kanye West even thought to get on it,” he said of the viral hit, which has helped Keef’s stock skyrocket. “We already had a million plus views on it—without Kanye. He called when it hit a million, and now it’s at two million. We built our buzz way before Kanye"

Last edited:
Producer Young Chop Upset With Kanye West: “Needs to Respect my Grind” | XXL

He knew of the remix though and gave permission for the remix though. It was a simple instrumental sale. Why should the artist have to seek the approval to record something over a beat that he had permission to use?

Who's record is it? Keef and Chop.....or Good music's? I haven't red anything saying that it is a Good Music record. That decides the difference.

So what you are saying is that Kanye could've remixed the song with poots and burps and for who the record is for....they should be appreciative of it.....because he has permission to remix Keef and Chops record?

Again.....I don't see any where where it was supposed to be a Knaye or Good Music record....it's still a Keef and Chop record. Big difference. If it was a Kanye record.....Chop shouldn't get mad...he gave them permission. Dude put somebody else's record out without them knowing. Ducking him and shit. "Ow....Kanye busy".........they played him like a sucka. lol! He in the studio and they rapping over the original.....soon as he leave... Ye messing with shit.....probably drunk.......(add this shit to it........what.....WHAT......nigga fuuck Chop......fuuck yo beat.....fuuck yo couch nigga."

Last edited:
Who's record is it? Keef and Chop.....or Good music's? I haven't red anything saying that it is a Good Music record. That decides the difference.

So what you are saying is that Kanye could've remixed the song with poots and burps and for who the record is for....they should be appreciative of it.....because he has permission to remix Keef and Chops record?

Again.....I don't see any where where it was supposed to be a Knaye or Good Music record....it's still a Keef and Chop record. Big difference. If it was a Kanye record.....Chop shouldn't get mad...he gave them permission. Dude put somebody else's record out without them knowing. Ducking him and shit. "Ow....Kanye busy".........they played him like a sucka. lol! He in the studio and they rapping over the original.....soon as he leave... Ye messing with shit.....probably drunk.......(add this shit to it........what.....WHAT......nigga fuuck Chop......fuuck yo beat.....fuuck yo couch nigga."

Ummm Chop knew. He said so himself.

Some of the primary beat switches come during Big Sean and Jadakiss’ verses, but Chop said that he was in the studio in Los Angeles with Sean when he laid his vocals, and nothing had been tweaked at the time. “Didn’t nobody know [that the beat would sound different],” Chop said. “I was there when Big Sean recorded his verse, and it was the original beat. I just heard it when everybody heard it. I wanted to be the first one to hear it and, no, that didn’t happen.”

He gave permission for a G.O.O.D music remix to his song. G.O.O.D Music went through all the proper channels. They just didn't tell Chop they were going to change the instrumental

they didnt just rap over a beat, they added elements and took elements out of the beat. Just cause it wouldnt bother ya'll doesnt make it any more or less wrong.

Tell the 1,000,000 samplers on the internet that they can't add elements or change anything in the records they sample that they use without permission.

... don't see nothing wrong with what Kanye did, he's a sampler... what is he supposed to do, lol.

He did it to Chaka Khan, He did it to Luther Vandross and countless others.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Why didn't Keef have to approve of the new verses?

Tell the 1,000,000 samplers on the internet that they can't add elements or change anything in the records they sample that they use without permission.

... don't see nothing wrong with what Kanye did, he's a sampler... what is he supposed to do, lol.

He did it to Chaka Khan, He did it to Luther Vandross and countless others.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Why didn't Keef have to approve of the new verses?

but Kanye never stated that was his intentions. When you sample for a record thats hitting the radio and played on the airwaves. You gotta clear your samples. You cant clear a sample without the people who own the publishing of the record hear the record. Then the people approve your usage of it. Some dont care, but if they ask to hear it, you have to play it for them

Young Chop tried to hear the record, they gave him the run around, thinking "who cares, im Kanye West" , still aint right either way you flip it

he wouldnt have put out THrough the Wire if Chaka Khans people said he couldnt use the record
wouldnt have put out Slow Jamz if Luther said he didnt approve of the song

and because they already said "yea you can hop on our record" Keef didnt care, and Chop thought it was cool.

its all about being transparent. Kanye dont owe Chop nothing, but cant sit and act like he doesnt have a right to be upset

Last edited:
but Kanye never stated that was his intentions. When you sample for a record thats hitting the radio and played on the airwaves. You gotta clear your samples. You cant clear a sample without the people who own the publishing of the record hear the record. Then the people approve your usage of it. Some dont care, but if they ask to hear it, you have to play em for it

and Keef didnt approve it, because they have video of Keef recording his verse, it was the original beat lol

It was cleared for use. Chop was actually there for recording Big Sean and he said he approved the remix. he just wanted it over the original beat instead of the changed beat

It was cleared for use. Chop was actually there for recording Big Sean and he said he approved the remix. he just wanted it over the original beat instead of the changed beat

as it should have been, you know how much licensing issues can be brought up because of it?

Kanye can just say it was a derivative work, never release it for sale, and Young Chop and Keef dont get a dime from it.

A “derivative work” is a work based upon one or more pre-existing works, such as a translation, musical arrangement, dramatization, fictionalization, motion picture version, sound recording, art reproduction, abridgment, condensation, or any other form in which a work may be recast, transformed, or adapted. A work consisting of editorial revisions, annotations, elaborations, or other modifications which, as a whole, represent an original work of authorship, is a “derivative work”.

and this is why you need to understand your rights as a composer and what people can and cant do to your work.

just cause you clear for Good Music to use your record, doesnt mean you give them the rights to augment your work. Which is what they did from the composition standpoint

of course im not gonna get into the legality and issues of copyright over Chief Keef & Young Chop but lets not act like what they did was cool

2 Live Crew got sued for the same shit lol, as did Biz Markie.. the whole "but the rest of the industry does this stuff all the time" isnt an excuse

Last edited:
Kanye made Chop a name.

only cause the controversy, if there wasnt any, he'd be a nobody just like the producer who did the Mercy beat lol

has Kanye worked with Lex Luger since HAM? nope

lol i know we're all sell outs and dont really care about our music to that degree, but you gotta give Chop credit for caring about his work and not rolling over.

not like Kanye would be working with Chop after that anyway, he was using him, and Chop had a publishing deal before Kanye used that record lol

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Kanye heard BMF and all of a sudden wanted Lex Luger beats, that was the Young Chop of the past lol. And he did the same shit, adding choirs and guitars and opera singers over trap beats. Lex just kept quiet and aint make a big deal

and next year. There will be another producer or sound that comes out. And Kanye will reach out, do his thing and leave the producer alone lol. Unless you sign with him of course. Lifted signed.. Lex & Chop didnt.

Last edited:
lol true, all im saying is everything producers on here cry about as far as integrity and standing up for yourself and your work.

it just goes to show you everybody has their price, and $$$ talks, you cant pay your bills with pride

as it should have been, you know how much licensing issues can be brought up because of it?

Kanye can just say it was a derivative work, never release it for sale, and Young Chop and Keef dont get a dime from it.

A “derivative work” is a work based upon one or more pre-existing works, such as a translation, musical arrangement, dramatization, fictionalization, motion picture version, sound recording, art reproduction, abridgment, condensation, or any other form in which a work may be recast, transformed, or adapted. A work consisting of editorial revisions, annotations, elaborations, or other modifications which, as a whole, represent an original work of authorship, is a “derivative work”.

and this is why you need to understand your rights as a composer and what people can and cant do to your work.

just cause you clear for Good Music to use your record, doesnt mean you give them the rights to augment your work. Which is what they did from the composition standpoint

of course im not gonna get into the legality and issues of copyright over Chief Keef & Young Chop but lets not act like what they did was cool

2 Live Crew got sued for the same shit lol, as did Biz Markie.. the whole "but the rest of the industry does this stuff all the time" isnt an excuse

Good point, but wouldn't that make what G.O.O.D Music did completely legal? seeing as how it wasn't released for a profit? Also if Chop had a legal leg to stand on he would've sued instead of just threatening. I think it's an issue more of a bruised ego than of dirty business dealings

Back