Is Chief Keef a One Hit Wonder-article

shit u just reminded me about that time when Ive learned high kick while I was really young lol could've been next anderson silva by now or smh

Little kids around 8 and 9 and women make up the majority of MMA classes now.

When those kids get 17, they're going to take your lunch money... but you'll be a grown man, lol.

Your woman will dare you to raise your voice at her.

Anderson looked fired up at the weigh ins today. He might let anger get the best of him and get KTFO. Chael is just a wrestler but he choked out Brian Stann like it was nothing. I'm not buying the fight, I just bought something a few weeks ago... oh, Tim Bradley and Pac Man. What a rip off.

Last edited:
I can see if he just stole the song and gave him no credit for the original while systematically black balling him, but he didn't. All the man did was release a version that Chop didn't like.

Dude...that's what he did. lol! A tag means nothing. He might didn't mean too. But that is what happens without communication.

Last edited:
You missing the point. THE FIRST TIME HE.........HE......CHOP........... HEARD IT WAS ON THE RADIO............RADIO....................RADIO............RADIO!!!!! We are not talking some random rapper making a remix! This was a big event for him....HIM....CHOP....who is part OWNER OF THE SONG. So you are saying to me that since Kanye is a Celeb....he doesn't have to answer to no little dudes who ain't shit...he gets a pass and CHOP should love it reguardless?

Dude......I don't know about you, I hope these big names don't start jumping on artist shit with remixes on radio just cause they can.....especially when we owning the rights. It's going to be a sad day....we let them get away with it just because....then that shit becomes a norm. You can say goodbye to the days of people being the next Mannie Fresh.....because it is over then. Your music gets washed a way in the memory of a well known producer putting a mustache on your music...and since you ain't pissed....you gets nothing from it but the few pennies from the radio until the CELEB version dies down. Then it's over for YOUR GREAT HIT.

I'm not saying Kanye gets a pass because he's famous. I'm saying he gets a pass because there's nothing wrong with making a popular remix of a song. He never introduced the song as his complete own work. He introduced it as his remix of another's musician's song. I can't hold it against Kanye because his version got popular because Kanye is popular. It seems that if you're popular you only have the option have remixing another popular person's song.

^^^ We'll see, but the last time they fought i think Anderson said his ribs were hurt during training. i've seen some his training stuff, he trains hard. I usually just wait to next morning and grab it from the net.

I'm not saying Kanye gets a pass because he's famous. I'm saying he gets a pass because there's nothing wrong with making a popular remix of a song. He never introduced the song as his complete own work. He introduced it as his remix of another's musician's song. I can't hold it against Kanye because his version got popular because Kanye is popular. It seems that if you're popular you only have the option have remixing another popular person's song.

What Kanye did is the equivalent of what rappers do when they freestyle over other artists beats. Artists don't get mad.

I saw Rick Ross rapping over a 2 Chainz beat... 2 Chainz was probably flattered.

Kanye and crew did a freestyle... twas all.

Last edited:
Little kids around 8 and 9 and women make up the majority of MMA classes now.

When those kids get 17, they're going to take your lunch money... but you'll be a grown man, lol.

Your woman will dare you to raise your voice at her.

Anderson looked fired up at the weigh ins today. He might let anger get the best of him and get KTFO. Chael is just a wrestler but he choked out Brian Stann like it was nothing. I'm not buying the fight, I just bought something a few weeks ago... oh, Tim Bradley and Pac Man. What a rip off.

i was 7 when I was takin jiu jitsu classes. And i was about to take em now again, you know, start with luta livre and then add muay thai, but sadly my health doesnt allow me to do that.

anderson is a beast. but he's not my favorite mma fighter tho.
dunno, i got the feeling that to be a fighter, you have to have certain traits.

^^^ We'll see, but the last time they fought i think Anderson said his ribs were hurt during training. i've seen some his training stuff, he trains hard. I usually just wait to next morning and grab it from the net.

They said this will be the highest selling fight ever for MMA PPV... and I'm still not buying it.

I'm buying Jon Jones vs. Dan Henderson though. Hendo don't quit.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

anderson is a beast. but he's not my favorite mma fighter tho.
dunno, i got the feeling that to be a fighter, you have to have certain traits.

Yes, no money.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

For the RECORD (no pun)

You can rap on and upload any song you can get the instrumental to.

Chris Brown and Game just got on Keefs song / Chops beat... where's the uproar?

Last edited:
Yes, no money.

lololoolol, i was thinking more about this "Im not a looser and imma kick yall asses" attitude. Most of the bullyes at schools are kinda more boxers than grapplers

Chris Brown and Game just got on it... where's the uproar?

this shit is like the racism in dave chappeles story. its so whack that nobody even gets mad.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is a business. Remixing is cool til it HITS THE RADIO. Now it's business. What me and you see is the lack of the business mind with Keef and Chop. They were happy that someone like Kanye wants to remix it. What they didn't know was how to handle it BUSINESS WISE!!!!

It's powerful vs desperate.....not even about the remix. Everyone could've benefited better from the situation if it was handled in a more professional way than just Kanye doing what he wants on it. What is his purpose anyway? Make Good music look good? Give more room for his Good music squad? His focus right now is GOOD music........not any of these unknown dudes. "Hey we want your fanbase too...can you dig it."

they didnt just rap over a beat, they added elements and took elements out of the beat. Just cause it wouldnt bother ya'll doesnt make it any more or less wrong.

i'm not passionate about beats. Kanye can take my beat right now and mess it ALLLLL the way up. I wouldnt care, i would be glad kanye reached out. But im also an admitted sell out. So i dont have the type of integrity or passion for my music that says a young chop has for his

Remember this is the first real industry interaction these lil hood niggas have ever had. This is his introduction into the business.

when the credits come out its gonna say "Produced By Kanye West & Young Chop"

in chops head thats his beat, that not only he laid the ground work for and the record was made over that original composition, but in Chops head, Kanye ****ed it up (which he did.. live guitars and shit on a damn trap song? it turned it into some heavy metal shit)

but just cause we wouldnt care, doesnt make it any less wrong. Them Chris Brown & Game freestyles are all over the original beat, they arent over the damn heavy metal rock remix that Kanye produced

How did he blackball him exactly? Everything would've been good for both if Chop didn't get bent outta shape about it. And a tag is all Chop has on the original.

Like I said.......Keef nore Chop was to benefit heavier from the remix than Good music did. No new verse from Keef on it.....didn't even put a mustache on his verse lol!

THAT REMIX WASN'T WITH KEEF IN MIND.......IT WAS A GOOD MUSIC TAKE OVER LIKE THEY RUN SHIT!!! And you are going to see a lot of those.......watch and see. People are not really up on Good music like that. Kanye big.....Good music not so big. Keef becoming bigger than the whole Good music squad like real fast. Good music full of old rappers.......or corny rappers......or rappers that olny a small amount of people like. And KANYE KNOWS THIS. Nobody ain't thinking about Pusha T. lol! Except Pusha T fans.

Chi Town underground > Good music.

they didnt just rap over a beat, they added elements and took elements out of the beat. Just cause it wouldnt bother ya'll doesnt make it any more or less wrong.

i'm not passionate about beats. Kanye can take my beat right now and mess it ALLLLL the way up. I wouldnt care, i would be glad kanye reached out. But im also an admitted sell out. So i dont have the type of integrity or passion for my music that says a young chop has for his

Remember this is the first real industry interaction these lil hood niggas have ever had. This is his introduction into the business.

when the credits come out its gonna say "Produced By Kanye West & Young Chop"

in chops head thats his beat, that not only he laid the ground work for and the record was made over that original composition, but in Chops head, Kanye ****ed it up (which he did.. live guitars and shit on a damn trap song? it turned it into some heavy metal shit)

but just cause we wouldnt care, doesnt make it any less wrong. Them Chris Brown & Game freestyles are all over the original beat, they arent over the damn heavy metal rock remix that Kanye produced
i hope u don't get madd and start calling yo artists lil hood nuccas. lol.
Like the cat mentioned earlier, the best thing is that label cats are now searchin for talent in Chi. That's great! Anytime u can get one of these young dudes off the street (where they killin 7 yr ol girls!!!) and into something more productive its a good thing.

This is a business. Remixing is cool til it HITS THE RADIO. Now it's business. What me and you see is the lack of the business mind with Keef and Chop. They were happy that someone like Kanye wants to remix it. What they didn't know was how to handle it BUSINESS WISE!!!!

It's powerful vs desperate.....not even about the remix. Everyone could've benefited better from the situation if it was handled in a more professional way than just Kanye doing what he wants on it. What is his purpose anyway? Make Good music look good? Give more room for his Good music squad? His focus right now is GOOD music........not any of these unknown dudes. "Hey we want your fanbase too...can you dig it."

I can see if Chop was mad he wasn't compensated for the remix. If that was the reason he'd have a legitimate beef. His problem was that Kanye changed too much of the beat for his liking. That's like a chef getting mad at a me because they added chicken and breadsticks to their tomato soup.

Young Chop Upset With Kanye West’s Remix Of “I Don’t Like” - Fake Shore Drive : Fake Shore Drive

^^^ Here's chop saying exactly why he's upset with Kanye.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Like I said.......Keef nore Chop was to benefit heavier from the remix than Good music did. No new verse from Keef on it.....didn't even put a mustache on his verse lol!

THAT REMIX WASN'T WITH KEEF IN MIND.......IT WAS A GOOD MUSIC TAKE OVER LIKE THEY RUN SHIT!!! And you are going to see a lot of those.......watch and see. People are not really up on Good music like that. Kanye big.....Good music not so big. Keef becoming bigger than the whole Good music squad like real fast. Good music full of old rappers.......or corny rappers......or rappers that olny a small amount of people like. And KANYE KNOWS THIS. Nobody ain't thinking about Pusha T. lol! Except Pusha T fans.

Chi Town underground > Good music.

The Remix blew up Keef!!! It brought way more attention to him than what he would've had if the remix were never made. I don't know how many people I've heard say that they never heard the original, but know the remix.

i hope u don't get madd and start calling yo artists lil hood nuccas. lol.
Like the cat mentioned earlier, the best thing is that label cats are now searchin for talent in Chi. That's great! Anytime u can get one of these young dudes off the street (where they killin 7 yr ol girls!!!) and into something more productive its a good thing.

LOL i call em what they are, they lil hood rugrats that just made music to keep them off the streets and record. Anything thats put in front of them they should take and theyd be better off

we talk about their music experiences and their contracts because thats our point of view. Thats what we're interested in. I doubt chief keef is thinking about if his career is gonna be stable in 3-5 years. Hes just glad he can get on a plane and leave his block and keep his daughter fed

and when his time comes and goes, we'll be on to the next artist saying BUT BUT BUT REMEMBER CHIEF KEEF, WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM YA"LL SAID HE WAS GONNA MAKE IT

lol we dont truthfully care, we just having convo for the threads sake. Nobody knows, but nobody in this forum is in chief keefs positions, whether from a music standpoint, or his everyday life

if a label offered him 3 million dollars and they raping everything he owns later on.. its still better than being a drugged out 3hunna year old kid on the block

They said this will be the highest selling fight ever for MMA PPV... and I'm still not buying it.

I'm buying Jon Jones vs. Dan Henderson though. Hendo don't quit.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Yes, no money.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

For the RECORD (no pun)

Chris Brown and Game just got on Keefs song / Chops beat... where's the uproar?

exactly!!! Chop just upset that Kanye changed it because changing it implies that there was something wrong with the beat. Chop need to hop off the high horse and realize just because something sounds perfect to you doesn't mean it sounds perfect to someone else.

Kanye can take my beat right now and mess it ALLLLL the way up. I wouldnt care, i would be glad kanye reached out. But im also an admitted sell out. So i dont have the type of integrity or passion for my music that says a young chop has for his

if kanye would take my beat and mess it all the way up then i would thank Yeezy and when I see him I'd thank him,i'd buy his album, i'd download that mother****er and shoot the bootleger! Thats how good i would feel about thtis nigga.

and people do change and grow up sometimes. If they want to.

I was not too far off from chief keef when i was growing up and 16 years old. Taking myspace pictures with guns, robbing, stealing, getting in fights, crazy drug stuff. Sellin drugs tryna put the big boy rims on cars, racing, riding motorcycles and shit like that.

and i think i turned out pretty okay from where i was 6 years ago. and im still young and still growing. This situation can put and surround him around people that could look out for him you never know. I didnt really grow up till i started doing music because when you surrounded by rich mutha****as off music you wanna be like them

Back