Is Chief Keef a One Hit Wonder-article

556932_10150863345231430_1625141582_n.jpg

^^^^Name a remix that another producer actually used the original and changed it around (WITHOUT THE ORIGINAL PRODUCER KNOWING HE WAS GOING TO CHANGE IT?)

So what if it is free.....the original is free......that makes it worse.

I'm saying it ain't cool for a rich man to take credit for a poor mans work. To see that people like your version better than the original....yet using the original. It's like a rapper using a beat from a song that the person they beefing with had a song on. It's disrespectful....a form a disrespect. CHOP......YOUR SHIT WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME TO USE YOUR ORIGINAL....YOU SHOULD'VE ADDED THIS BASSLINE. I can see Chop taking the remix that way....especially without him actually in contact with Kanye about it.

Me....I don't condone stuff like that. Kanye wouldn't have did Dr.Dre like that.......Dr.Dre would be pissed to. He don't want to see Dre pissed.....a lil hood nigga....it's like "SO WHAT....I'M KANYE....DO SOMETHING THEN..BWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA...HERE TAKE THIS....AND STFU CHOP".

Last edited:
^^^^Name a remix that another producer actually used the original and changed it around (WITHOUT THE ORIGINAL PRODUCER KNOWING HE WAS GOING TO CHANGE IT?)

So what if it is free.....the original is free......that makes it worse.

I'm saying it ain't cool for a rich man to take credit for a poor mans work. To see that people like your version better than the original....yet using the original. It's like a rapper using a beat from a song that the person they beefing with had a song on. It's disrespectful....a form a disrespect. CHOP......YOUR SHIT WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME TO USE YOUR ORIGINAL....YOU SHOULD'VE ADDED THIS BASSLINE. I can see Chop taking the remix that way....especially without him actually in contact with Kanye about it.

Me....I don't condone stuff like that. Kanye wouldn't have did Dr.Dre like that.......Dr.Dre would be pissed to. He don't want to see Dre pissed.....a lil hood nigga....it's like "SO WHAT....I'M KANYE....DO SOMETHING THEN..BWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA...HERE TAKE THIS....AND STFU CHOP".

Too many to name actually. So many songs have Dance remixes made for clubs. And I can bet you that a lot of them don't have direct contact with the original producer. Adding or taking things out of remixes is common practice especially in club music. Here's an example

^^^Remix/Mashup

^^^Original

Stuff like this is very, very common. I just had it happen the other day. I sold a beat. The person changed a few elements of the beat and added some things to it so the beat sounded different and then rapped over it. A month ago I did the same thing with a friend's beat. I took the original and added a choir to it for the hook section. Nobody tripped at all or saw it as disrespectful.

If people happen to like the remix better than the original then oh well. I never knew it was disrespectful to make a remix more popular than the original and quite frankly isn't a remix supposed to be better than the original? I don't know of many remixes that are supposed to be worse than the original. Is a remix only supposed to be better with the guiding hand of the original producer?

That's different. A lot of dance remixes are "unauthorized" remixes that don't get "regular" radio play. DJ's play them in CLUBS. They might end up on remix compilations AFTER APPROVAL. The one's that do or did.....you best believe there was an O.K for it to happen. And I ain't talking about a DJ's traffic jam. There are remix contests and people who ask to remix songs. That's the same thing as them knowing....or have no control over it anyway. And I meant hip hop. Kanye's I Don't Like hit the radio. Chop most likely owned part of the rights to the song.....no label at the time....HE HAS SOME SAY SO!!!!

That was a Good music stunt. Just saying...Chop has a right to be pissed.

Last edited:
electronica isnt hip hop

True. The Egos aren't as big as they are in Hip Hop. And it isn't as contradictory as Hip Hop either lol

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

^^^That's different. A lot of dance remixes are "unauthorized" remixes that don't get "regular" radio play. The one's that do or did.....you best believe there was an O.K for it to happen. And I ain't talking about a DJ's traffic jam. There are remix contests and people who ask to remix songs. That's the same thing as them knowing....or have no control over it anyway. And I meant hip hop. Kanye's I Don't Like hit the radio.

Just saying...Chop has a right to be pissed.

So he has a right to be pissed because someone's remix of his song got more popular than the original version of it and because he didn't like the what someone else did to the remix? He's also has received credit for the original version and anybody who's listened to the song knows that the original is produced by Young Chop. Are you telling me if Kanye's version wasn't as popular everything would be ok?

That sounds like some high school girl shit to me.

Dance remix.................................usually a song with a genre that wasn't made for dancing gets sped up or slowed down and given the four to the floor treatment. DJ's do that all the time.......DJ's. Big difference from a person remix a hip hop beat of the same genre and using it's elements...AND IT GETS ROTATION ON RADIO. And especially with it being the opposite of a situation....this case instead of an unknown using a popular beat....this is a POPULAR ARTIST rearranging an unknown's beat. Not like Kanye using DAFT PUNK or nothing. And I don't have a problem with Kanye doing that........BUT AT LEAST RESPECT THE YOUNG MAN!!! That's all I'm saying about Kanye.

Let me tell you what's really going on...

His name should be "BRIEF KEEF"

dude is over before the end of the month.

Dance remix.................................usually a song with a genre that wasn't made for dancing gets sped up or slowed down and given the four to the floor treatment. DJ's do that all the time.......DJ's. Big difference from a person remix a hip hop beat of the same genre and using it's elements...AND IT GETS ROTATION ON RADIO. And especially with it being the opposite of a situation....this case instead of an unknown using a popular beat....this is a POPULAR ARTIST rearranging an unknown's beat. Not like Kanye using DAFT PUNK or nothing. And I don't have a problem with Kanye doing that........BUT AT LEAST RESPECT THE YOUNG MAN!!! That's all I'm saying about Kanye.

How has he disrespected him? Only thing I see is that Kanye didn't consult him on making the changes. He made changes based on what "he"thought sounded best. I mean if he has to consult with Chop on the remix then it wouldn't be a "Kanye Remix" it would be a "Young Chop Remix"

So now you have to present yourself as a DJ to make a remix? And it's disallowed to make remixes of a song from the same genre? And I can't be a producer with a remix that get's more popular than the original? And I'm only allowed to remix somebody's music who's on par with my level of exposure or higher? What's next? Do I have to call Ford to ask permission to paint my Taurus and make sure it doesn't look better than before it got painted?

True. The Egos aren't as big as they are in Hip Hop. And it isn't as contradictory as Hip Hop either lol

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

So he has a right to be pissed because someone's remix of his song got more popular than the original version of it and because he didn't like the what someone else did to the remix? He's also has received credit for the original version and anybody who's listened to the song knows that the original is produced by Young Chop. Are you telling me if Kanye's version wasn't as popular everything would be ok?

That sounds like some high school girl shit to me.

Lack of communication. Niggas think they too big to talk to little folks...even if the little folks own some shit. They already have it in their mind that it's a privilege for them to do it. That's what is messed up!!!

Lack of communication. Niggas think they too big to talk to little folks...even if the little folks own some shit. They already have it in their mind that it's a privilege for them to do it. That's what is messed up!!!

now thats the shit i dont like!
but u r right

How has he disrespected him? Only thing I see is that Kanye didn't consult him on making the changes. He made changes based on what "he"thought sounded best. I mean if he has to consult with Chop on the remix then it wouldn't be a "Kanye Remix" it would be a "Young Chop Remix"

You missing the point. THE FIRST TIME HE.........HE......CHOP........... HEARD IT WAS ON THE RADIO............RADIO....................RADIO............RADIO!!!!! We are not talking some random rapper making a remix! This was a big event for him....HIM....CHOP....who is part OWNER OF THE SONG. So you are saying to me that since Kanye is a Celeb....he doesn't have to answer to no little dudes who ain't shit...he gets a pass and CHOP should love it reguardless?

Dude......I don't know about you, I hope these big names porducers don't start jumping on artist shit with remixes on radio just cause they can.....especially when we owning the rights. It's going to be a sad day....we let them get away with it just because....then that shit becomes a norm. You can say goodbye to the days of people being the next Mannie Fresh.....because it is over then. Your music gets washed a way in the memory of a well known producer putting a mustache on your music...and since you ain't pissed....you gets nothing from it but the few pennies from the radio until the CELEB version dies down. Then it's over for YOUR GREAT HIT.

Last edited:

That right there sounds like straight high school shit. It's messed up that he's famous and remixed someone who's not? I can see if he just stole the song and gave him no credit for the original while systematically black balling him, but he didn't. All the man did was release a version that Chop didn't like.

The question still remains...

WHERE IS THE ONE HIT?

A popular record on blog sites is a hit these days?

Where's the money from the record? Can I hear it on the radio?

... the radio station said they play all the HITS this morning and I didn't hear Keef on the drive to work.

Hit equals = Main HOURS Radio play, money, acclaim

Underground Smash = Select people know about it, niche buzz, little recognition, REGIONAL radio on an off brand show

Where is the hit record?

Last edited:
Did u stretch first?
You know after certain age u can't do one of those high front Anderson Silva front kicks. lol
i tried once and hurt my butt, ankle, and knee at the same time! Got madd and just cleaned my gun. i see anybody with that stuff on they ears and i'm shootin!

Did u stretch first?
You know after certain age u can't do one of those high front Anderson Silva front kicks. lol
i tried once and hurt my butt, ankle, and knee at the same time! Got madd and just cleaned my gun. i see anybody with that stuff on they ears and i'm shootin!

shit u just reminded me about that time when Ive learned high kick while I was really young lol could've been next anderson silva by now or smh

Back