I hate Fruity Loops. Here's why. Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
"FLers are so obvious. You can spot them in a crowd. They do stuff like airtype while beatboxing."

And they usually have dirty pre pubescent mustaches. . .just saying...

Personally, things like Fruity Loops bug me, because I'm a musician, and I out in my time to learn to actually play some damt instruments.

It can seem like that's a bit elitist, as though guys like me are just upset because tools like FL make it easier for non-musicians to make music without and training.

Honestly it's that aspect of FL that appreciate the most. I don't think that making music is some special thing to be set aside only for people with 10 years of music lessons.

What concerns me is the extent to which FL seems to encourage people to never grow any further. People seem to be hypnotized by the idea that "XYZ got a hit wid FL, so I don't need nuthin' else", and that's a big problem in all sorts of ways.

I think this is why a lot of experienced people have a bad attitude towards FL.

Trace said:
whats the point of hating it i mean seriously yall just ignorant or stupid?

If thats you in your sig im sorry man, you look like the fl posterboy yet i think even fl would be a little embarrased to call you its own lol. :monkey: MORE COWBELLS I WANT MORE COWBELLS.

BTW - this episode of snl will be on this saturday night so for all those who have not seen the great cowbell sketch look for it this sat night.

Man i been using FL since 2002. I've had no problems with it. & I'm so used to it I haven't used anything else yet. But to each its own.

dansgold said:
Personally, things like Fruity Loops bug me, because I'm a musician, and I out in my time to learn to actually play some damt instruments.

It can seem like that's a bit elitist, as though guys like me are just upset because tools like FL make it easier for non-musicians to make music without and training.

Honestly it's that aspect of FL that appreciate the most. I don't think that making music is some special thing to be set aside only for people with 10 years of music lessons.

What concerns me is the extent to which FL seems to encourage people to never grow any further. People seem to be hypnotized by the idea that "XYZ got a hit wid FL, so I don't need nuthin' else", and that's a big problem in all sorts of ways.

Understand 100% as i feel the same way about izotope ozone and or t-racks and these fake mastering plugins as they ruin so much that goes into mastering.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL the FL poster Boy, Whatever fam i have no shame in that. Ive been making beats for 1-2 Months and my ****s go harder than most of yall cats that take the time to bash FL For no apparent reason.

FrancisCares said:
I would like Fruity Loops if it was cereal for gay people.

Like your dad lets leave the gays out of this man, no need for that.:bat:

I think we've actually given quite a few logically sound reasons why FL sucks and the people who use it pretty much suck too.

"Doesn't take much and that's messed up
Because these people do a lot of simple sh*t to impress us
While everyone was trying to out-do the last man..."

Ya'll know how the rest goes.

I love gay people.

Last edited:
Trace said:
LOL the FL poster Boy, Whatever fam i have no shame in that. Ive been making beats for 1-2 Months and my ****s go harder than most of yall cats that take the time to bash FL For no apparent reason.

I do it because its fun and while i sit here eating lunch theres not much on tv so this looked like it would be interesting, thats me though i dont know about the other guys turkey neck.

theres no point in talking to immature people. Go tell 9th wonder that he sucks horribly for using FL. someone woulda asid his name sooner or later so ill just do it now.

FullSpectrum said:
I do it because its fun and while i sit here eating lunch theres not much on tv so this looked like it would be interesting, thats me though i dont know about the other guys turkey neck.

ahahahhahaha..aahhhh i needed that

FullSpectrum said:

Oh iight thats cool, seriously though i would do the same ****.

I used to think 9th was aiight. But ever since I found out he uses FL, I listened closer. You can tell. Ever since, his sh*t's sounded wack to me.

I actually have 0 feeling for fl , couldnt care less but to see people up in arms about it is what makes my day a little more interesting. I am in agreement that whats hot is hot but also i see to many "fl users" who never once invest in there music. I dont think alot of them know what investing is as they call a mpd24 a investment when its not. Thanks for the great laugh i hope you guys get something squashed here and if not i will be back to laugh after my noon session. - Peace

dansgold said:

At the same time people need to realize that making music isnt rocket science, you dont need to go do this and that for umpteen years, and use protools HD afterwards... not everyone have the money and alot of times people dont make music for the sake of putting it out and making money or for competition.

Yea i can play an instrument or 2, but so can alot of people this business isnt about talent or who's azz you kissed to learn nothing benificial... its more about a grind and a hustle, that little to knowone has, which is why most people dont make it... not because Fl studio,

if "EXPERIENCED" people want to have an attitude maybe they need to realize that this isnt about talent or how many instruments you can play, otherwhise they're in the wrong business maybe they should sign up for orchestra or a jazz band, but this is a world of technology now and its gonna get that way more and more as time go by...

i dont mean to get into anyones feelings or anything but i've seen so many pathetic comments and heard alot of peoples music that contradict they're theories,

if you can use it, use it, if you cant, dont... but dont get mad at the next guy if he makes money at the click of the mouse using a 100 dollar program, and you spent 20 years learning to play the piano drums, flute and fiddle and flew to columbia to do this and that, all that stuff doesnt even matter pimpin... just do you and make that money pimpin

at the end of the day if its hot and it sells then thats what it is so keep it moving and stop making excuses

Last edited:
I haven't seen any real arguments or facts that prove FL sucks? Why is it that you hate it? If you can't give me that, your thread is just another useless rant. < Oh wait, you can't, because you are 5 versions behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back