YouTube REDISGN

YouTube REDESIGN a hit or a miss?

• i love it

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • i hate it

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
The quality of Youtube downgrade with every "upgrade" so don't really like it

Y'all some smart MFs. Seriously. The more I think I know, the more I realize I don't know shit from reading these threads.

Thanks, by the way.

Last edited:
but who going to knock out Google supported youtube???

whoever makes a BETTER ONE.

who that's gonna be? idk...but nothing man-made lasts FOREVER.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

"
It has big plans for blurring the line of offline television and online entertainment"

that alone could MAKE or BREAK YouTube.

whoever makes a BETTER ONE.

who that's gonna be? idk...but nothing man-made lasts FOREVER.

IDK F, Google is pretty hard to mess with. I mean, even if someone somehow did come up with something new, Google certainly has the pockets to attain it.

Google is idolized too. Like when someone asks for a kleenex when they are referring to a tissue, in the same way how people say "google it" when referring to searching for something. Nobody says "bing it" they are the machine of the internet.

Neox thanks for posting...hadn't listened to your youtube in awhile. The writing on that Tears Fall is pretty good actually.

EDIT: WTF!!!!

Neox= The Weeknd

The jig is up bruh...you've been exposed. :sing:

Last edited:
You mean kinda like how people stopped going to Myspace because of the LACK OF CHANGE???

For the record dude....layout MATTERS. Layout will make or break your website.

You implement the wrong layout changes to your website and it could DOOM you.

Why you think Facebook doesn't let people do custom HTML

BECAUSE THAT'S A BIG REASON THAT MYSPACE DIED!!!!

By the time Myspace realized that Web 2.0 had passed them by, it was too late.

I'm going to need you to know these things, and have a firm expertise in these areas, Mr. Consultant.

What do you have to say about Tumblr's success? Not only do they allow you to do custom HTML, but they encourage it and show you how Creating a custom HTML theme | Tumblr

I'm not saying that layout isn't important, but the whole basis of your argument ignores the fact that people still love freedom and creativity. The competitive market turned Myspace into more of a niche product, but instead of innovating and building off its opportunity to capitalize off being what Facebook isn't, it tried to become more like Facebook. They had the chance to gather the following that Tumblr has, but they blew it and now have to occupy a smaller niche as a music website which still has to compete with Tumblr, Facebook, and now Soundcloud.

What do you have to say about Tumblr's success? Not only do they allow you to do custom HTML, but they encourage it and show you how Creating a custom HTML theme | Tumblr

I'm not saying that layout isn't important, but the whole basis of your argument ignores the fact that people still love freedom and creativity. The competitive market turned Myspace into more of a niche product, but instead of innovating and building off its opportunity to capitalize off being what Facebook isn't, it tried to become more like Facebook. They had the chance to gather the following that Tumblr has, but they blew it and now have to occupy a smaller niche as a music website which still has to compete with Tumblr, Facebook, and now Soundcloud.

I don't know anything about Tumblr, so I can't comment on it.

It's my experience, that when you give consumers too many options, and too much free reign, that's when things go south, because they inevitably find a way to fcuk it up.

Myspace allowed the competitive market to even compete, by not innovating. Facebook was once a niche product, strictly for college kids. If you didn't have a .edu address, you couldn't even sign up.

Myspace had no clear cut direction, no real concept of WHAT it wanted to be for it's customers. They tried to be everything to everybody, and ultimately they failed. Myspace got to be very annoying, with all of the crazy code, custom layouts and just craziness on everybody's page. It became very hard to navigate and I think that's what ultimately drove people away.

Plus the fact that they had no good way of implementing micro level security features. That was a biggie too.

Facebook kept it simple. Facebook from it's inception has always had a clearly defined concept of what it wanted to be to it's users, and what purpose it wanted to serve, and it's never really tried to stray from that.

Facebook really doesn't give the users many options as far as presentation of their profile/space. You get what Facebook gives you. Yeah when they make an update, you're gonna b*tch about it for a little bit, but then you're gonna get used to it.

I think Myspace's real opportunity for a resurgence was in the music space. I thought that was a great idea, that was never implemented properly. It tried to almost become iTunes, instead of catering solely to the independent market, which was dominating myspace anyway.

That's where they failed.

I don't know anything about Tumblr, so I can't comment on it.

It's my experience, that when you give consumers too many options, and too much free reign, that's when things go south, because they inevitably find a way to fcuk it up.

Myspace allowed the competitive market to even compete, by not innovating. Facebook was once a niche product, strictly for college kids. If you didn't have a .edu address, you couldn't even sign up.

Myspace had no clear cut direction, no real concept of WHAT it wanted to be for it's customers. They tried to be everything to everybody, and ultimately they failed. Myspace got to be very annoying, with all of the crazy code, custom layouts and just craziness on everybody's page. It became very hard to navigate and I think that's what ultimately drove people away.

Plus the fact that they had no good way of implementing micro level security features. That was a biggie too.

Facebook kept it simple. Facebook from it's inception has always had a clearly defined concept of what it wanted to be to it's users, and what purpose it wanted to serve, and it's never really tried to stray from that.

Facebook really doesn't give the users many options as far as presentation of their profile/space. You get what Facebook gives you. Yeah when they make an update, you're gonna b*tch about it for a little bit, but then you're gonna get used to it.

I think Myspace's real opportunity for a resurgence was in the music space. I thought that was a great idea, that was never implemented properly. It tried to almost become iTunes, instead of catering solely to the independent market, which was dominating myspace anyway.

That's where they failed.

myspace started off as a space for independent artists right..but then become more of social network right???

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

right...which is where i'm going w/ this thread.

is youtube hard to navigate???

I HATE the new design. I preferred it when they made small changes and you'd go "WTF" and then not notice it a few day's later. Here it is, almost a good month into it and the "cement grey" twitter/facebook/google+ FEED is still off point. I hate the FEED concept, drives me crazy.

As far as I know, you can build your own platform and use the API to create your own Youtube experience.

Most of you guys complaining about Youtube's new design are using Youtube through a desktop/laptop or a smartphone?

Back