YouTube REDISGN

YouTube REDESIGN a hit or a miss?

• i love it

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • i hate it

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
as far as youtube ppl are not going to stop going to youtube because of the change

You mean kinda like how people stopped going to Myspace because of the LACK OF CHANGE???

For the record dude....layout MATTERS. Layout will make or break your website.

You implement the wrong layout changes to your website and it could DOOM you.

Why you think Facebook doesn't let people do custom HTML

BECAUSE THAT'S A BIG REASON THAT MYSPACE DIED!!!!

By the time Myspace realized that Web 2.0 had passed them by, it was too late.

I'm going to need you to know these things, and have a firm expertise in these areas, Mr. Consultant.

as far as youtube ppl are not going to stop going to youtube because of the change

same thing w/ FP though...when the layout changed, traffic DROPPED.

SURE people still came...but one of the goals w/ websites is to INCREASE TRAFFIC...not to LOSE traffic.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

layout MATTERS. Layout will make or break your website.

You implement the wrong layout changes to your website and it could DOOM you.

...all facts...all 100% thorough.
:cheers:

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Web 2.0 had passed them by, it was too late.

RIGHT.

that's why i made this thread...because LAYOUT is a CRITICAL POINT...and a LAYOUT CHANGE on one of the most popular sites on the internet / world-wide-web is kinda like a BIG DEAL.

how is youtube's traffic after the change?? has it dropped or increased

I think youtube is on a way higher level than FP
a much wider array of users/visitors

lol what does youtube being bigger than FP have to do with that fact that a bad choice in redesign can cause loss of traffic?

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

there needs to be an, "its ok" option. That would be my vote. Could take some getting used too but its not terrible

and that's my point...since when does "OKAY" = traffic INCREASES?

I said okay in the neutral manner. Of course, I'm only one person, and there are probably millions of people who love, and millions of people who hate the new youtube layout. I would imagine these types of changes result in a fairly neutral opinion.

I rather like the side bar on the left.

Also, at this rate, Youtube is essentially invincible. I don't think there's anything that they could do to change it that would result in a DECREASE in traffic. Well, besides charge for use, of course.

i remember a few years back when i thought the same exact thing about myspace

Myspace was frozen in time and didn't address the problem of identity verification. I could create 10 "Mr.F or Deaf" accounts on Facebook, but you could very easily prove that you are the only one, who is allowed to use that name/identity. Myspace did not have an easy mechanism for this.

Even though avatars will have a comeback in the near future, a reliable identity verification system is crucial for business partners and advertisers, who want to use your "online footprints" to customize your experience; be it search results, ads or products you might enjoy, etc...

Facebook is just a beginning of this trend and will continue to be a "big player", but other companies will develop even "deeper" solutions to these (hard) problems and profit way more from them.

i remember a few years back when i thought the same exact thing about myspace

I know what you're saying, I know I sure thought the same thing.

The difference is MySpace was pretty solo as far as social networking was concerned.

Youtube has had competition for a long time, but for whatever reason fail to steal the shine. I mean, Google Video was so unsuccessful they did what any smart businessman would do... buy the competition. I don't see Vimeo overtaking Youtube.

Myspace and facebook are very similar; but it makes sense why Facebook became more popular. It's just more modern. Lots of businesses were trying to use MySpace, but it was known for a flashy profile and lacked many tangible features that Facebook uses to make room for social networking, musicians, and businesses. They really broke out huge with the smartphone evolution too, with all of their mobile features keeping them relevant. The last part is how Facebook incorporates "apps". Everybody loves apps, and they essentially took what myspace was trying to do, offering custom options but doing so through authorized applications to tailor fit their system under a streamlined interface.

Back