Your 5 favorite producers right now

1 - Pharrell
2 - Hit-Boy & Chase N Chase
3 -Timbo
4 - Just Blaze
5 - The Underdogs

There's a couple other names I want to put in there (Khalil, Kanye, JL, etc) and if I had to answer on a different day my list would probably be different beside Pharrell.

1. Focus...

2. DJ Khalil

3. Justice League

4. Bass Brothers

5. Scott Storch

My Top 5. So many notables that didn't make it.

1. 40 - injecting musicality (along w/ some others, but mostly him) back into hip-hop
2. T-Minus - drums, drums, drums
3. Alex da Kid - he's almost got a cinematic feel to his songs. just a personal favorite i guess.
4. No I.D. - Sample-game is stupendous.
5. Jim Jonsin - Combinines dirty, thumping hip-hop with mainstream pop like no one else.

1. Kanye West
2. Lupe Fiasco
3. B.O.B
4. Eminem
5. Lil wayne

man sooo many to list.

-dr.luke
-pop wansel
-d'mile
-happy perez
-skrillex
-hit-boy
-cirkut
-hudson mohawke
-lex luger
-t-minus

Assuming we're referring to current guys(as in the last year) making records.....

Kane Beats
T-Minus
Tone P
Lex Luger(and stuff that sounds like his, cause I honestly don't know for sure it's him half the time)
Can't even think of a last one....

These guys mainly made the list because I heard something of there's recently and cared enough to find out who made it(aside from Kane who I always liked stuff from, and Lex who I just assume does everything that sounds like a Lex beat). Lol.

It's apparent we're out of the "superproducer" era. Everything just kinda blends in these days, I wish a producer with a REALLY INNOVATIVE sound instead of some hybrid of something already heard would come along.

I still remember how wierd "Superthug" by NORE sounded the 1st time I heard it..."Ruff Ryders Anthem" by DMX..."Are you that Somebody" by Aaliyah... "The Chronic" and "2001" Albums from Dre..."Hard Knock life(45 King)" by Jay-Z...Even "Hustlin" by Rick Ross.

I don't get that feeling like DAYUM THIS BEAT IS CRAZY!!! These days. I get..."hmmm...well structured...good arrangement...those hats give away that he's using FL, but it's cool...cool transition....." It's not the same thing.

1) Dr.luke,Max Martin,Benny Blanco,Shellback,Cirkut
2) T-minus
3) Stargate (worked hard in 2011)
4) Darkchild
5) Ryan Leslie
6) Hit-boy!!!

Last edited:
Back