Yo american rappers can learn from this british rapper

Aquarius

i cant post a link till i get 20 posts.

but thought id intice some opinions about one of my favourite MC's.

open another window in your browser and goto you tube then copy and select the text below Three seperate tracks.

[h=1]LOWKEY - TOP 1 SELECTED[/h]
[h=1]The Outlawz - Da Corner Feat. LowKey[/h]
[h=1]Lowkey - When I Die[/h]

I was currious about this one so i youtubed it..

I like the beat, song is one some real shit but seems like the same sad song, i used to bump tracks with this vibe all the time, back in the days.. but they on some real shit tho, so can't complain, im getting to the part of LowKey, he seem like he got skillz, the accent wassent as strong as i thought it would be it was cool, but i think they could been alil more creative with the courus part but hey whatever.

but what would an 'American Rapper' learn from him though, mabee im thinking into the thread title too much, but there are tons of differnt kinda of rappers in america, Never mind LOL its all good homie.. get them 20 posts so i dont have to go youtube digging anymore ha welcome to FP!

Thanks 61key, i wanted to make the title a little provokative to gather some views.

Good of you to take the time to write back. I like lowkey for a few good reasons and i havnt got anything against americans. I think in terms of rawness british culture has a gritiness of its own, i just thought there would be a few eyebrows raised on the other side of the water, this dude never sold out to a big label, kept it all on his own record label. He has done some tracks with immortal technique also.

piece bro

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

You should check the other two songs on the list as they are lowkeys own songs, not featuring on outlawz track if ya get me.

yea i feel ya.. I'l check em out alil later, im using my neighbors internet so its really slow, im on that push pause and walk away while it buffers type shit LOL

i work closely with lowkey lol, hes a good dude. i have a lot of unreleased records with him and produced this

i cant say much on his current situation, but things look good for 2013

Last edited:
Scottzilla thats deeep dude, good work getting some big names there!

do you know what lowkey is upto cos he put the mic down to study (apparently?...)

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

yea i feel ya.. I'l check em out alil later, im using my neighbors internet so its really slow, im on that push pause and walk away while it buffers type shit LOL

Dalm man, thats a bummer lol

still big up for jacking onto his connection lol

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

its a few years old now but still. FIIIIIIRRRRRREEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

at the pace of the hip hop game at the moment im wondering what people mean when they talk about current hip hop

i want someone to post up a video of a young american rapper from the last 5 years who has songs to compete with Lowkeys in terms of composition of meaning and technical ability, and its not because im being opinionated but because im a fan of hip hop i want to know whos out there.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

just thought id post some of the big tunes for other hip hop fans loyal to the art

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

This is some Mad battle skills for fans of this side of hip hop you just GOT to check this track

Scottzilla thats deeep dude, good work getting some big names there!

do you know what lowkey is upto
i want someone to post up a video of a young american rapper from the last 5 years who has songs to compete with Lowkeys in terms of composition of meaning and technical ability, and its not because im being opinionated but because im a fan of hip hop i want to know whos out there.

check out j cole, los, and kendrick lamar. (american rappers)

as far as british rappers, i fux wit sway and tinie tempah heavy.
i heard of lowkey a few years ago, i remember he killed the all the way turnt up freestyle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lowkey is absolutely amazing. He took a break from music but he's back now. He's the Immortal Technique of the UK. Raps a lot about politics and war etc....

Sounds like an average rapper to me. Nothing special.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ---------

I will agree! lol!

Rice street you must be smoking crack blood! you say lowkey is an average rapper then post 3x links to tunes made by chipmonk??????? you need to listen to all the tracks ive posted if you havnt already coz seriously for those in the know you just made yourself look like a chump!!

listen to the lyrics in chipmonks song you posted, "oh shit i think im slick rick!" which he repeats throughout the song the lyrics inbetween you might aswell say are negligable. you clearly havnt read anything ive written in the thread as i asked for someone to post a young rapper FROM AMERICA in the last 5 years that can compete with the songs ive posted above. you replied by posting some tracks of chip (chipmonk) a british artist who has been backed by big money to make commercially viable hip (POP).

that is exactly the problem with hip hop today there are too many people like you that listen to hip pop not hip hop.
what i think it is genuanly, is that people like all the special effects and shit.... kinda like hollywood flicks. Cant you see how shallow the music has become??? no substance dude. no substance. Its ok for a party but thats it.

there is nothing average about lowkeys flow, its so much better than chipmonks flow its trully no competition.
anyway i respect your opinion, you dont get the lyrics, thats kool but I already know british rappers and there aint noone out there that i have heard to compete with the technical ability of lowkey. Kendrick lamar aint got nothing on him neither heard his name all over this forum show me some songs of his that can compete and we can chat.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

yeh i except the correlation between him and immortal technique as they both spit political shit. but...... i still wouldnt go as far to say he is the uk immortal technique, lowkey is lowkey and he aint all about politics, he is however socially aware and responsible with his lyrics while keeping the balance.

funny..... chipmonk lol

joker

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

if you dont like kendrick, i also said j cole and los. lowkey aint fucckin with sway or tinie tempah though.

Last edited by a moderator:
lowkey murked the **** out of chip lol

and nah im not allowed to talk about his current status in regards to music, thats not for me to say

people lock him in this box that hes strictly a political rapper not realising that hes always had a large range of topics in his music. yeh his biggest album is political themed but he has a lot of topics.

Last edited:
if you dont like kendrick, i also said j cole and los. lowkey aint fucckin with sway or tinie tempah though.

Tinie Tempah and Sway? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL - I'm not into Lowkey, but he's pretty good... Least he talks about something meaningful, cause you know... Pass Out... Well... And Road to Deliverance.. Yeah...

Sounds like an average rapper to me. Nothing special.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

I will agree! lol!

And so Immortal Tech is 'nothing special' to you, Rice? But Chipmunk is? I've been off here for a few months, and you've all gone crazy... Seriously... What on earth has happened to you all?

Chip is how old? And yall all happy about a dude that could probably be his father dissing him? Then you expect me to like Immortal Technique? Yall talking and expecting too much from the wrong dude. lol! I'm looking out for the young man. Yall on that same bullshit! All those rappers yall like don't appeal to me at all. I see those type of rapping MFers all day on youtube.....different face....same personality. NOTHING SPECIAL AT ALL. Fuuck I look like bumpin shit like that? lmao! Yall like it......cool. But if it ain't on some shit like this

Then I don't fuuck with it.

No more Mr. nice guy with average rappers. I stop supporting MFers 12.21.12. I only fuuck with what I like.

Sad man............lmao! I see a young dude named Chip on Datpiff with all kinds of views.....so I listen to see wtf with expectations to skip. The boy is made for rap as far as who he is targeting. This Lowkey dude...............sounds like a random youtube rapper to me...with an accent. lmao! His target.....people like yall.....not me. He most likely make raps about people like me. Probably bittches about the state of hip hop and why people listen to garbage and all of that weak pussy ass bullshit. I don't want to hear that shit.

Last edited:
Chip is how old? And yall all happy about a dude that could probably be his father dissing him? Then you expect me to like Immortal Technique? Yall talking and expecting too much from the wrong dude. lol! I'm looking out for the young man. Yall on that same bullshit! All those rappers yall like don't appeal to me at all. I see those type of rapping MFers all day on youtube.....different face....same personality. NOTHING SPECIAL AT ALL. Fuuck I look like bumpin shit like that? lmao! Yall like it......cool. But if it ain't on some shit like this

Then I don't fuuck with it.

No more Mr. nice guy with average rappers. I stop supporting MFers 12.21.12. I only fuuck with what I like.

Sad man............lmao! I see a young dude named Chip on Datpiff with all kinds of views.....so I listen to see wtf with expectations to skip. The boy is made for rap as far as who he is targeting. This Lowkey dude...............sounds like a random youtube rapper to me...with an accent. lmao! His target.....people like yall.....not me. He most likely make raps about people like me. Probably bittches about the state of hip hop and why people listen to garbage and all of that weak pussy ass bullshit. I don't want to hear that shit.

lmao , this nigga rice cray.

This Lowkey dude...............sounds like a random youtube rapper to me...with an accent. lmao! His target.....people like yall.....not me. He most likely make raps about people like me. Probably bittches about the state of hip hop and why people listen to garbage and all of that weak pussy ass bullshit. I don't want to hear that shit.

You have a point...

Ain't a huge fan of Lowkey myself, I can just about stand him... But Chip... I really can't stand him, how he's been making moves for the last 6/7 years, I will never know... But rap is about tastes... SO... To say Lowkey is worse than Chipmunk though... Or Sway... Or Tinie Tempah... Man... You're all smoking something...

On another note, ain't none of you heard of Pharaohe Monch?

DOOM?

Atmosphere?

PUTS?

Bumpy Knuccs?

And that's enough education for today, class... You can all go home now... And masturbate to Nicki Minajs new video, you horny ass little teenagers!!

P.S. fk me, I didn't realise I posted so many videos... My bad all! LOL

Last edited:
^^^^yall smoking something. Smoking the same stuff together. Yall got to be kidding me. I would give the dude a chance if he was even a little bit Nice.

I know what I'm talking about to. Yall just don't get it. ANYBODY CAN WRITE RAPS. So the dude is boring in his performance compared to Chip....that's why Lowkey can't win. lmao! Lowkey raps like a begger......ole "please support real hip hop" type of rap voice. Chip.......sounds like a kid who enjoys what he does....that is entertaining people.

Come on now!

And really.....I didn't post the Chip dude as a comparison......hell......I saw his mixtape a day before this thread.....then I saw this thread.....and went to post my experience with the young dude. Didn't know he was in the radar of attackers........naw........we going to find a name for you MFers. Die hard hip hop fans............the ones that be like........"OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh......he murked that chart topping clown........YES HE KILLED HIM.......HE KILLED THAT RADIO ROTATED FAGGOT."

Gee guys...I'm only 12 years old......why do they hate me soo much? {shugs} Well...they love me in America.....cool.

Boring rappers from the U.S love to go overseas. United States is hell over here. Rappers don't be dissing rappers...they diss the whole country for not supporting they boring asses. But they do it lowkey....that's why they use the word hip hop instead of U.S.

Realize something........people never liked that kind of rap. lmao! It ain't going to change. No dissing.....just facts. They only survived because there were enough boring people in the U.S to go to their shows. Majority of them "made themselves" love hip hop to feel apart of something. Real talk. That's why they are so passionate against pop music. Say dumb shit like "that's not talent"...........because it sounds good. SMH.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^^^^^^^Lowkey coudn't rip this beat and make it sound good. He would sound like that dude Serious Jones roasted. :cry: lmao!

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

See Lowkey diss these dude

> Lowkey

Last edited:
Back