World hottest 100 2013

kesslook

My gift to you.......................

Do you guys know about the Aussie indie radio station hottest 100?

Anyone, anywhere in the world can vote before Australia Day - today.

It is the world's biggest musical democracy.

And then they play it all day & night Aussie Day, now.

It is a very nifty cool thing, that has grown into an amazing cult and cultural thing.

Hottest 100 - 2013 | triple j

Listen online -

ABC Radio Player

Cheers

Triple J is not indie but Youth oriented public radio; as such, since it's earliest days as JJ, it has been a channel for breaking new music and introducing otherwise avant-garde artists to young ears and old alike - I have been a listener since 1977....

I would call it indie, the way it began and the way it operates.

1971/72 We first got to hear it and I think it was broadcast from RMIT. It sure was a tonic.

71/72 might have been student radio days (although a quick look at the JJJ history suggest that these were not JJ style programs but forerunners broadcast late at night on the then Radio 1). 2JJ was launched in Sydney in September 74 and first broadcast in January 75, it shifted to 2JJJ in August 1980 (losing a lot of it's prior content - I came home from school on that fateful day only to find that certain comedy spots and series that I had listened to avidly for the previous two years or so were no longer continued as part of the new FM format) - it was only Sydney based until late in 89 when it was simulcast in the 5 major Capital cities

Think it may have been somehow broadcast by RMIT, I know we picked it up some strange way. Maybe they taped it or something, no idea now how I was listening to just it was hard to pick it up. And I have mixed up the student radio stuff that was coming out of Melbourne.

There is also a world 200, the music that almost made the top 100, on the previously posted website link.

Riptide, Vance Joy came 1st
Royals, Lorde 2nd
Daft Punk 3rd I think.

Back