Windows 8 vs Mac IOS for music production

901_Rice_Street

Rice AKA Clyde Drexler
Glad I didn't buy into the I this and I that. I almost did. But now that I can load what I'm used to without any limits of a tablet.....it gets no better than that. All at just a little more than the limited IPad stuff. It's on!!! Still new to Windows 8 but from what I've been checking out.....I can see the vision. Hear I was waiting on props to come with a Reason 3 type app for the iphone. Hell....I can run R6 on a windows tablet with 8.

Ipad 4 will have to step it up.....big time. lol!

Discuss.

Last edited:
^^^^^talking a windows 8 tablet (maybe phone also) vs iphone/itouch and Ipad.

Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T Tablet with 64GB Memory XE500T1C-A04US - Best Buy

^^^Example........not preferred.

But the thing is......I might be wrong....but I think Win 8 can also use android apps and other win apps also. Somebody can correct me on that.

MicroSD = win, win!

SSD = win, win!

And on top of that......you may be able to upgrade the ssd to like 500gb for example. Use your apps on the go.

Vs getting a new ipad and then getting rid of the old. Hell.....a guy at work just gave me his iphone 3g. lmao! Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!!!!!! Give me that new shit that you bought today in 2 more years too......I'll enjoy it. :monkey:

Last edited:
Stop actin' like you special. i7 laptop still shits on er'thang.

Damn right!!!!!!! I'm on some i7 shit now. lol!! 10 gb ram. 2 TB memory. For less than both of them limited ass shits! But I wouldn't mind having a 7 inch tablet running win 8.

Last edited:
davos_bill_gates.jpg
Installed Reason I'm sweatin'..whoo
Installed Reason I'm sweatin'..whoo

billgates.jpeg
Now I will be worth 100 billion dollarrrrrrrs.....

Damn, Rice lol. I don't have that much ram or memory. Shit. lol.

This that shit. Refurb.......free shipping.

TigerDirect.com - Electronics, Tablets, Phones, Office Supplies & Video Games

They are sold out of what I got. lol! I got in right on time. 2nd gen i7 2600. I started not to get it. Now I'm on my nerd shit. lol! I need the jbridge shit though.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7464871&CatId=2628

Dr.Dre couldn't get me with his headphones.......but as soon as the computer arrived......beatsaudio all over the got damn place. He was going to get me one way or another.

Last edited:
I run Windows 8 on my laptop 8gigs of ram 3rd gen i5. Those Windows 8 Pro tablets is what might change the game if they become affordable.

^^^^yep. Mac still has the upperhand when it comes to docks. If I was Akai, Props, Novation, ect....I would start making docks right now for PC tablets.

Thing is Windows 8 shits on Mac OSX Mountain Lion. Got both installed on my laptop (same hardware, i5 ssd). Its just faster. Still dunno why people buy macs and limit themselves only to AU and RTAS plugins. You got so many great plugins with the VST System.

Last edited:
^^^^yeah......I can get a $15 upgrade for a windows 8 OS since I bought a win 7 computer. I didn't want to go Win 8 though.....YET. Too new. I didn't want no problems.

... anybody ever mess with FIGURE by Prop Heads?

Music is about to change... forever.

Yes got it. Fun little app to create loops on the go. Sounds included ain't bad either. For .99 it's a good buy. 4/5
Favorite apps so far pertaining to music are Animoog, Nanostudio and AC-7

Windows 8 is dope. I have been on it for 2 weeks now. I really like it. It does take some getting used to and while in some ways I do prefer 7 in other ways I do prefer 8. 8 really does favor touch screens and tablets. I am using it on a laptop.

Thing is Windows 8 shits on Mac OSX Mountain Lion. Got both installed on my laptop (same hardware, i5 ssd). Its just faster. Still dunno why people buy macs and limit themselves only to AU and RTAS plugins. You got so many great plugins with the VST System.

It's no secret that Windows has been shitting on OSX for some time now in regard to native DAW performance and I suspect part of the problem is that Apple has been over engineering their operating system to such a point that it eats into the resources that should have been set aside to run software.

A Windows based system better than a UNIX based system? Are you SHITTING me???

Windows 8 is a MOBILE OS, that was ported to run on desktops and laptops. It's not made for desktop applications, it was built for mobile apps.

And OSX runs VST's all day. I have plenty of them running on my OSX Mountain Lion system. I don't even use AU's, because I don't use Logic.

My OSX system shits on my former Windows system. I'll never go back.

To be honest, Win 7 works wonders and has the best Midi response for keyboards and music. Win 8 may have more features, but is basically the same audio-wise as Win 7 was.

Back