Window Question

K.Robinson

I have recently rearranged my bedroom studio in order to have a larger desk , on the back wall ( the wall behind where i am facing when working) there is a large window , what kind of effect would this have on acoustics and on mixing?

Windows act like bass traps.........which probably explains why cats like to sit there.
so would that be good or bad for mixing considering it is behind me , would this lead to a lack of low end? I know bass traps in the corners make the low end tighter but what about on the back wall in the case of the window?

most tracking rooms and mixing rooms are treated so that the back wall is bass trapped as well as the front wall

biggest issue is what are the dimensions of the room (H x W X L) - this determines the freqs that the room resonates at, what are the dimensions of the window frame and the distance from both walls to the outer vertical edges and height above the floor of the lower horizontal edge - this will tell you what freq the window may act as trap or resonator

Back