Will you continue to access message boards if you're signed?

Mr.Curlz said:

I was thinking about that the other day as it relates to Xibit. I think he killed his rap career when he signed up for Pimp My Ride. Everyone sees him as this jovial, down to earth, everyday person now and it's going to be hard to convince anyone that he's as hard as he's claiming to be on record.

[color=sky blue]I dont think Xzibit even cares about it honestly, its not like he was seeing big checks when he was focusing on rapping, he probably has been eating quite nice off those Pimp My Ride checks...[/color]

Icesolated.Com said:

[color=sky blue]I dont think Xzibit even cares about it honestly, its not like he was seeing big checks when he was focusing on rapping, he probably has been eating quite nice off those Pimp My Ride checks...[/color]

yeah, and in his single "criminal set," he spit a line something like "why do rap when i can make a couple mil on a flick."

Icesolated.Com said:

exactly. X don't give a damn. He wasn't seeing huge checks off music anyway. He thought he was gonna reach that SUPERSTARDOM plateau when he hooked up with Dre for Restless, but when that flopped, he diversified.

Pimp My Ride is possibly the best thing that coulda happened to him.

Besides...Weapons of Mass Destruction SUCKED ASS. You can't put out suck ass music and still expect to sell records...even if you're on mtv every day.

j.troup said:
Besides...Weapons of Mass Destruction SUCKED ASS. You can't put out suck ass music and still expect to sell records...even if you're on mtv every day.

Actually I thought it was pretty good... but it's hard for me to say, since I was given Flip's album at the same time. :rolleyes:

When I get signed I might still come round here, but I aint gon post that much.

I'm signed and I'm still here but I'm not sure why. I guess the silly arguing and hateration keeps me coming back...

Honestly, i would stick around if i was signed
i would just act like i always act. U dont HAVE to know its me. If i said i was timbaland or puffy
would you believe me? i doubt it seriously.
i have some big name ppl yahoo im names
but you have to kno them to recognize the name.
"Just cause you get a deal dont mean you STOP
being human." I'd still wanna converse wit REAL ppl
not just other stars.

Last edited:
Peace
well I get production signed contracts I come on when I have free time. I wouldn't stop since this is my main place I come to. If I was to win a Grammy I am going to mention "FP" and a couple of people that's cool with me on here. I wouldn't let people who I can't see worry me on the net, if I was terrible as if they were to say how come I got the deal and they didn't? Hell I got FP shirt all that, and plus from what I have experienced I can share here and some one from here can blow up. IMa put it this way, never forget where you came from !!! FP to the death !!!
J-Traxx oh here is the group that signed me on as their Top producer on their projects. http://www.ijmaenmt.com/male_rnb_artist_ let me know if you like what is going down, anyone for that matter. Peace

I can see myself on Leno know.

*Walks out, waves to the crowd, gives Kevin a pound*

*Leno: SO your new album.....
ME-Wait first let me give a shoutout to futureproducers.com and Mano1 for runnin' things over there*

*Leno-A shout out wait this isn't the Source awards*

*Kev and myself force ourselves laugh in agreement*

It'll be tight:D

I'd check everybody out but a lot of the people that get shown love on this site act like they the shyt.

So I would look out for people that don't act above and beyond...

i think that there is a tight knit group on this site that knows who they are and are making serious headway to becoming a collective of the new wave of producers breaking into the industry. we will park on each other's lawns during cribs episodes and horse around on the red carpet messing up each other's interviews and have big get togethers and barbeques and all that. i heard rome is mean on the grill so he'll be at the crib early readying the briquettes. HA HA HA. life is gonna be good. imma be a blessing. and imma still come back to the boards and BAN people for talkin mess about me! :D hahahaaaaaa just playing.

:p

i cant part ways with FP on purpose its not possible. except some folks on this board have caused me lots of heartache and headaches as well. so Fp is a part of me!

BoutBeats said:

people who post on message boards are not the average fan.

I agree. I would probably post under an alias. Even though your music is a personal side of you which you give to the fans, you still must draw a line somewhere. I dont want to have to deal with some annoying fan whether he admires my work or if he just wants me to critique his beat. The good fan is the one who buys your music but still respects your privacy. They still have the annoying ones though. I saw Eminem mention that in the MTV segment. He said he is already one of the most personal artists as far as letting you know about his life but he is annoyed by the fans who cant respect him and let him eat at a resturant or walk in a mall with his daughter. Some say that comes with the territory of being a celebrity. I disagree- I think that's the attitude taken by obsessive fans, groupies and the bitter azz paparazzi.
That's why many photographers and obsessive fans get their chins checked some time.
If a fan is unsatisfied with the music then dont buy the next cd. How do you think regular joes get put on by celebrities.-By being professional,and not acting like some star stuck groupie.

If I saw Tracy Mcgrady at a club after a game, could I justifably tell him Tracy you stunk up the joint today because I bought a ticket to the game. How would he honestly react?

If you made friends on here then there's nothing wrong with keeping in touch or putting someone on. I dont consider that person a fan. That's a friend or an associate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I said I would stick around but some of these posts made me think. Plus, this board is getting younger and younger with flame wars over inaccurate facts like, "Dre used the MPC 3000 on the Chronic you idiots"---it didn't exist yet. Or "Kanye's wack because he samples". and you got the beat makers here feeling resentment that mods are gettin all the love and votes. Whoever blows up here will be the person everyone loves to hate. There were some posters here that were already big or eventually got big and they are all gone.

j-traxx said:
i heard rome is mean on the grill so he'll be at the crib early readying the briquettes.
:p

I'll hook it up fo sho. I don't miss a live party for nothing and there's going to be some music going down too. I can see people taking turns in the studio in between eatin' ribs. "Yo! Check this out! This beat is gettin' crazy!"

I would still post on FP, I don't see any reason to stop. But everybody has to admit that the more accessible dudes don't get as much love as the low key, only see me on TV cats. Common was a victim of the "I'm just like you guys" backlash. He seems friendly, well-spoken and down to earth. Take somebody like Andre 3000 that wears outlandish clothes and makes crazy songs... now that's a STAR. He has the grammy's and CD sales to prove it. While everybody else wanted to rap about what they would do on the block and how hard they are... Andre poked his head out with a wig on every now and then and took the spotlight right away from them.

You don't see Timbaland much but when you do see him, you aren't burned out on him. I'm burned out on Jazzy Pha, Swizz and the rest that are always front and center in the video's.

biggrome said:

I'll hook it up fo sho. I don't miss a live party for nothing and there's going to be some music going down too. I can see people taking turns in the studio in between eatin' ribs. "Yo! Check this out! This beat is gettin' crazy!"

I would still post on FP, I don't see any reason to stop. But everybody has to admit that the more accessible dudes don't get as much love as the low key, only see me on TV cats. Common was a victim of the "I'm just like you guys" backlash. He seems friendly, well-spoken and down to earth. Take somebody like Andre 3000 that wears outlandish clothes and makes crazy songs... now that's a STAR. He has the grammy's and CD sales to prove it. While everybody else wanted to rap about what they would do on the block and how hard they are... Andre poked his head out with a wig on every now and then and took the spotlight right away from them.

You don't see Timbaland much but when you do see him, you aren't burned out on him. I'm burned out on Jazzy Pha, Swizz and the rest that are always front and center in the video's.

And don't forget Lil Jon. :rolleyes:

Ay! If you gon bring BBQ, then I'm bringin some classic PR food. Yall gon eat good! :D

if i was signed i would be out drinkin and driving in my limo hummer thats if if i was platinum, most likely i would be

Back