Why the J. Cole hype?

I agree with that guy, I think the problem is that the 1st thing you heard from him was his 1st album which he admitted was disappointing because of pressure.

I know you probably won't, but try listening to Friday Night Lights or the Warm Up like that other guy said, even if just for the argument.

Last edited:
Sorry.....it's too late yall. It's too late to try to convince me to like a "Hyped rapper".

We have different taste....end of discussion. This is what you call "not hyped". Favorite album over a long period of time......of all people.....not even a fan of this dude. He could've got the J.Cole beat down from me before this album. This album may be TOO BLACK for yall.....idk.

I am now a fan of Wale.......but never cared for this dude. He has proven himself worthy. He shouldn't change this feel.....minus the like two songs that's still iight.

........didn't know this dude dropped an album a week after "ALLLLLLLL THE BULLSHIT HYPE. 2 B.S albums people love because they are obvious fans for a while....so obviously my opinion of J.Cole is not biased.

And don't get me wrong....I've said plenty of times that J.Cole is dope......but for where he is trying to be....HE AIN'T SHIT!!! For where he thinks he belong in hip hop history...HE AIN'T SHIT!!! He should've stayed in his lane and remain humble. Yall ain't hearing me though. The dude will forever be under pressure....while others will just sit and make music for people to enjoy.....and enjoy doing it.

Proof he is hyped is in an artist that isn't hyped. End of discussion. You lose.

Last edited:
J. Cole could've survived in the 90's Hip Hop scene. No many others around would've been able to.

Rap now eliminated skill for flashiness and image.

It's weird because I don't see any hype around him at all. Like everybody keeps downplaying the guy. It's like what does he have to do to get a handclap.

He released same day as Ye. Pitchfork gave Kanye a near perfect score and didn't review J.cole at all.

I remember reading J.cole sold only 30,000 less then Ye and a commenter said give it Next week he'll fall off cuz all his fans already bought his album

Then the next week he jumps Kanye and stays number 2. People still downplayed him

Three weeks later he's #1 and about to go gold in a month with only 1 top 20 song that peaked months ago. He hasn't even really toured formally in months so it's all fan driven.

Even his label doesn't trust him they under shipped his first album and didn't ship much more this time around.

The hype about Cole is this. You can't disprove his life cuz he writes all the bad parts into his music. You can't question his passion for hip hop. He's respected by at least 2 out the 3 top mcs alive (jayz and nas) so you may not like his lyrics but legends do. And while artists try to deliver bullshit edm and pop music he just delivers honest rap music. The one time he tried to go pop he admitted itin several interviews and on the most popular song on his album.

Others give you different features and flavors
He gives you rap
Others advertise a life style
he gives you rap
others are trying to build a brand
his brand is rap

Last edited:
Back