why sugarcoat someones works when it doesn't help them?

dmajor100

I'm usually on the feedback page showing support and i see a lot of people telling news guys or just not so good guys thank there stuff is great when it simply is not and in no way am i being a hater or have a different opinion but its obvious that a lot of ppl tell pleasant lies. On sound cloud its even more strange cause i guess there is a rule that it your not 100% positive your considered a hater but how does this help new producers if they aren't being tested by more sessioned producers. When i first started out i was critisised by awesome sound click producers and yes i will admit it kinda stung but years later i know now what those producers were talking about while others now seem liked they wrote a quick positive comment so i can just feedback on their music. To be honest i wish i would get more critisisum from better producers to improve myself to a next level and for the life of me dnt know why can't feel the same way.

Last edited:
It's ego boosting, I'll tell you your tracks hot if you tell me mine is. It doesn't help anybody, that's why you get people who've been making beats for 2 weeks wondering why they don't got any placements yet. It's tough to hear your shits wack, but you need tough skin to survive in this business, and the real honest truth is the only way you're gonna improve.

for instance the other day some Facebook friend I'm somewhat cool with cause he's a local dj and egear beatmaker he sent me a trap/dub beat which was really less than good but had no 808s on it which def needed them to be a trap beat and i mentioned it needed 808s and he posted a comment saying lions don't worry about the opinions from sheep lol. Like seriously this dude told me i make great beats and and socially cool on Facebook and even we been trying to callab and i know this dude got butt hurt by me saying my opinion. Definitely people who pretend to be humble or wanna better them selfs don't know how to truly admit that there work isn't perfect or believe other people dnt know what they are talking about.

I don't see why you need validation from other producers. Typically, they're not your target clientele. The only opinions you need are those of the buyers (artists and emcees), which is usually defined by whether they want your beat or not.

Let's keep it real. Few are posting music to get constructive feedback, most just wanna hear compliments.

I was going to say, Always try to give constructive criticism... but I guess you tried that by telling him you think it needed 808's.. Oh well LOL some people can't take it... F-em.

It's ego boosting, I'll tell you your tracks hot if you tell me mine is. It doesn't help anybody, that's why you get people who've been making beats for 2 weeks wondering why they don't got any placements yet. It's tough to hear your shits wack, but you need tough skin to survive in this business, and the real honest truth is the only way you're gonna improve.

Exactly!

It's a "feed-4-feed" mentality these days. Maybe someone is wack as hell. But they could get connected with the right people and blow up. They could be in a position to "put me in the game" one day. So why not tell people that their music is hot?

Honestly, I do not want to critique other peoples' music. My music sucked for a long time. It is only mediocre now. If I got thoroughly humiliated in the past, I may have quit. (Honestly, I am a huge egomaniac and a$$hole. I would never quit!!).

But some people need a boost. I do not mind giving people that need a boost a boost. I have done enough "reality checks". People would rather be helped and encouraged than torn down and humiliated

So just help people out and point out the good stuff. It may be a lie, but lies are the thread that holds the fabric of society together. Pull the thread loose and everything falls apart.

The truth about life is on Animal Planet, where animals fight until the death just to have sex and then die afterwards. Nobody wants that morbid shit presented to them. Be happy and help other people be happy!

Last edited:
Well im not heartless to tell someone strait out they suck and to give up cause i wasnt that good too and worked my way up so i know ppl progress no matter how bad they are.

I will tell you all this from experience. If women didn't just automatically fall in love with me because of my music when I was about yall age....I would've quit a long time ago. I did it for the honeys....hell they wouldn't let me quit. I pushed the keys on the synthesizer like no other. I was unique....they said. Just the site of me working on music turned them on. They had dreams of me making beats just for them to listen to personally....their life would be complete if I did that. They didn't mind sharing me because of my music. It would sometimes be 5 women at a time all with looks of joy....rubbing my feet, back.....all in silk fresh from the shower. Sometimes it would be unfamiliar faces in the studio and I would wonder who the hell told her to come in...who is she..but I carry on. I didn't mind them touching me while I played amazing music for them. And because of that....I got better and better.

I will tell you all this from experience. If women didn't just automatically fall in love with me because of my music when I was about yall age....I would've quit a long time ago. I did it for the honeys....hell they wouldn't let me quit. I pushed the keys on the synthesizer like no other. I was unique....they said. Just the site of me working on music turned them on. They had dreams of me making beats just for them to listen to personally....their life would be complete if I did that. They didn't mind sharing me because of my music. It would sometimes be 5 women at a time all with looks of joy....rubbing my feet, back.....all in silk fresh from the shower. Sometimes it would be unfamiliar faces in the studio and I would wonder who the hell told her to come in...who is she..but I carry on. I didn't mind them touching me while I played amazing music for them. And because of that....I got better and better.

lol epic.

Because not everyone WANTS your help.

Sometimes, maintaining a relationship is more important than being "real".

I have a colleague that just released a project, and I think it's amateur, but am I going to tell them that? Nope. Because 1) they ain't ask me, and 2) I want to continue our money making relationship.

Because not everyone WANTS your help.

Sometimes, maintaining a relationship is more important than being "real".

I have a colleague that just released a project, and I think it's amateur, but am I going to tell them that? Nope. Because 1) they ain't ask me, and 2) I want to continue our money making relationship.

thats real, cant be out here burning up all your bridges or you'll have no support yourself.

Back