Why should older rappers stop?

the rappers lying about that shit are smarter because they get the money, and fame, without the actual consequences.
the real niggas that actually do the shit, arent rapping about it because they're in jail, or got killed.
rappers are entertainers bro.
you wanna hear from REAL niggas about that shit, go to the hood.

I'm from the hood and been involved in hood shit as a youngster. I don't wanna hear that bullshit at all, but I really don't wanna hear it from some dude that ain't never been there. Screaming how real you are but lying....how fake! Real is real! whether you sell drugs or you take yo' ass to work everyday. I have no idea where people get this you're not real unless you do hood shit. I'd rather listen to a nigga spit about workin' at Walmart if that's where he works, but **** his song about how many kilos he move a month. Telling your story is one thing, but glorifying the shit is just ri-god-damn-diculous! IMO....of course.

I do. Music and arts in general has to elevate people. Has to make us better individuals and society. Has to makes us understand the world that we live in and give us questions for food for thought on how to change it for the better.

So if someone thinks that making idiot music is cool because he is selling, why should I help him with that? Its like the "smack her with a dick" thing Chris Rock was talking about man...
Nonsense, no offense not trying to say it in a messed up way, just the honest truth. If music has a fanbase willing to listen to it...it's absolutely "elevating" to that fanbase to the point they financially support it. As for all of the "music has to" stuff. Music don't gotta do nothing but make a sound. Lol.

People put faith in the wrong things, music doesn't end wars, stop violence, or save lives any different than a gun doesn't start wars/violence and end lives. The most music does is have the smallest contribution to setting a mood/enviroment for us to make decisions within.

That's why the best song ever to do a drive by to is "Bye Bye" by N'Snc. It's even uplifting if you accidentally hit a kid. :cheers:

Last edited:
I believe it really depends on the "evolution" of the style of the rapper. Just look at Kanye. Some people like his new shit and some people don't.

I would sign this person.......and rack up......before I sign a boring ass youngin.....with better punchlines than Drake or Lil Wayne. Told yall last year......punchlines are out of here. Drake is a full time singer in 2015.

And fuuck keeping it real.......lie.....do whatever it takes to get that money. People either gone listen to you are not. At least if you fake it.....you can make it....because THANK GOD everyone in the world is not some intelligent music listener checking if you real or not. Keeping it real CAN go wrong in so many ways. This ain't the 90's.

Last edited:
Back