Why Most Rappers Are Broke

There is only one reason why rappers are broke. It's because they suck. That's the real answer. Why does a rapper feel they deserve million dollar deals? The answer they give is because they grind. And I laugh my ass off at that answer because the first thing is a great product that people would love to buy. And the product is.............the actual artist.

And the first thing about being a good product is throwing what you think sucks or hot out the MFing window. Because you don't have that talent of discernment. You hear a bunch of great music that you feel should be selling hot....and when it don't....you blame marketing, blame the labels, blame commercial music. Reality is....they suck....not to you and the few fans that like the same.....but suck to the people that really count (as we talk about MONEY). Soulja Boy sucks now.......but he didn't suck. But yet a peewee big head snot nose boy would reply "wow that was retarded...Soulja Boy does suck".....but then he in the same category of crying ass MFers like "why does this sale and what I like don't?" Because you just don't get it.

I use myself as an example. I used to use B.E.T, MTV, The Box, VH1, ect....to check out new music. It was a system going on. I would wake up on Saturday complaining about B.E.T's top 20 hip hop countdown thinking #5 should've been #1. Hip hop was part of my schedule. Hip hop marathon on T.V.....fuuck that shit..I ain't going no got damn where...fuuck yall! Today....I have no system of checking out music I like. After a while I give in to what everyone is excited about.....just so happens it don't excite me like that. And the results show up in the sales...and disappointment sets in...and then the blame game. When reality is....the album sucked!

All of that said...#1 is the product. We don't have a solid system like it used to. And the outcome is poor quality albums that people "think" are good until they hear what a "great album" sounds like. And the saddest part is not even hearing the quality in a quality album. Today there is no excuse to go all the way out. Every sound is out there for a musician. Every way to manipulate sound. Unlimited studio time at home.....so you can cut that from the budget and actually take your project serious when it comes to mixing and mastering..(instead of doing it yourself....dumbasses...you all suuck at mixing...me too....and a lot of the ones who are mixing professional records..THEY SUCK TOO..quit fooling yourselves.) You got to know what good sounds like to know if you getting your money's worth...niiiimean?

You have a great product....now the world needs to know. You are not going to reach the world as some nobody with a bunch of soundcloud views, twitter followers, facebook likes, ect. Shit is hilarious....dudes think they are actually on their MFing way on the internet. LMAO! Don't let these community sites give you a big head.....FP.....Rocbattle......ect. Because you still ain't shit until the people respond. You still doing it for self.....people don't give a damn about you. lol! Blindly they will be like "WTF is this shit?" It's 15 years of internet grinding......and you don't see it as a lottery when the few people who do blow up on the internet get REAL gwop. You see it as you hope...your ticket. You gambling to lose....that's why rappers are broke. You make music selfishly...that's why rappers are broke.

Rappers know too got damn much about the business....that's why rappers are broke. Turning down deals and shit because you know too got damn much. Yet the people who don't know shit (THEY GET FUUCKED IN THE ASS........not literally...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa) yet they get that gwop later. It don't pay to be a know it all......got to humble yourself. "Fuuck a deal"........stomach growlin and shit.....crickets at your show and shit.....10,000 youtube views in 4 years and shit...and you braggin about it. And somebody is about some real business is interested in you....AND YOU TURN THEM DOWN BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU ARE ACTUALLY BUZZIN WITH 300k followers..........that's why rappers are broke. Rappers battle and then every month people go to the next new style somebody brought...now your self esteem is low because you live by the hip hop rules of no biting....but nobody else gives a fuuck.......that's why rappers are broke. Spending money on wack ass beats instead of building chemistry with the right producer.....that's why rappers are broke.

80% of rappers need to know they ain't built to be a rap star. They don't have the persona, don't have the look, don't have the materials to be a money making product.

Oh........and jewelry is actually something worth investing in. It's something you cn trust that is of value. The problem is protecting your investment. Want to be in the hood proving you so respected....and a nigga take that shit and go Carl Lewis on yo ass.....because you full of caviar and ciroc. "This nigga stole my rugrats chain YO!!!"

You can get an endorsement in rap just for making the corniest song.....because corny ass people got the money to promote their preciate products.....in a corny way. No record deal needed. But still....their is a difference between corny and suck. You can have a great CORNY product. Just sucking at anything will leave you broke.

Let's do why producers make less than minimum wage.

Selling beats by dre in a box on ebay for $299. A beats box with a usb drive inside....bunch of wack ass Chronic 2001 styled beats in it. Shit like that.

True words man you always make got dude thinking.

I have just been wondering if its even possible to create a whole new style? People are tired of rappers, so you dont sound corny and you dont suck, problem is that you sound like the other 1000's of "good" indie artists.

But how is it possible to make a whole new sound, when everything has been done?

True words man you always make got dude thinking.

I have just been wondering if its even possible to create a whole new style? People are tired of rappers, so you dont sound corny and you dont suck, problem is that you sound like the other 1000's of "good" indie artists.

But how is it possible to make a whole new sound, when everything has been done?

It's not really about a new sound, it's more of staying true to yourself on what you love to create. Then it becomes your comfort zone. Where the "real" problem is at......people are staying true to others. Rappers like Immortal Technique stay true to himself.....the same as Waka Flaka. And they became successful doing so. And the word success is another problem. When the mind set is only on another person's success....it's hard to stay true to yourself. It takes years to develop into who you are truly. And a lot of times it takes someone to actually bring it out of you....as you think one way, they see what you could be. And if you follow the path they see in you (instead of your own)...then it might be the destined path for you to get where you want to be that you would've never got to on your on.

But after all of that staying true to yourself (which comes first)....now you got to give yourself to the world. Give the world what they WANT from you. Because they are the ones spending the money on you to be entertained. They expect that. And that's the cause of failure. Thinking only on what YOU like that you did. You have to ask yourself from the very bottom...WHAT DO THE PEOPLE WANT THAT I HAVE TO OFFER THEM. A peron in the B.C days had their voice, had instruments.....and they stayed true with what they had. And people traded their valuable to be soothed and entertained by what they had to offer. Magic tricks.......breakdancing.....comedy......something has to come with the songs that you rap about. Nobody cares about your passion of music...so they definitely don't want to hear you rapping about it. BUT..........they can bypass YOU for that beat that is entertaining them. Which is another thread by it's self.....because entertaining beats won't win YOU over....a beat ain't shit compared to an artist. You have to out perform the beat......which is impossible to a lot of rappers. lmao! Buying dope ass beats and not being above it. It's suppose to be all about you....now that's a problem on both ends of the situation. Producers want to impress other producers so they go crazy on the beat....rapper raps on the beat and can't mesh with it. Dudes losing sells because they are TOO CREATIVE in their selfish acts of outdoing the beatmaking culture.

I got to go. I can go on and on. But their are steps to be made......and everyones destined path to success is different...and everyone's success is different. So you have to first be true to yourself (which includes developing yourself into what you want to see yourself as, then you have to know where you want to be, then you have to see what the people want from you. And then you have to keep giving it to them. Once you look at the next man's path and try to follow it, you may end up missing out on the type of "success" you planned for yourself.

Dont forget about being suckers for love (pu$$ywhipped).

Thank you!
I've always wondered why rappers go crazy over the same 10 broads. Seriously, what is the appeal of a known groupie? These rap dudes are weird, going on tv and twitter playing themselves over broke industry pu$$y. Like, how you gonna cry over a known bussdown or beef with another rapper over a known jumpoff? I can't even be mad at these broads cuz they doing what comes naturally, but i'll be damned if i'ma set myself up for an L over groupie coochie.

Thank you!
I've always wondered why rappers go crazy over the same 10 broads. Seriously, what is the appeal of a known groupie? These rap dudes are weird, going on tv and twitter playing themselves over broke industry pu$$y. Like, how you gonna cry over a known bussdown or beef with another rapper over a known jumpoff? I can't even be mad at these broads cuz they doing what comes naturally, but i'll be damned if i'ma set myself up for an L over groupie coochie.

"and she the best with that head, even better than Karrine..."

image.jpg

Yeah, most rappers really don't know their business side of things. They just want to be famous, flashing their money,cars, and end up broke from this. Also they really have no idea were their money is coming from. If I have a deal, or a signed endorsemen, I would want to know were this money came from

So if you knew that you had something that people would buy from you, and you knew it would sell well, you still wouldn't be able to be yourself because of the labels. To be a major artist, you have to be signed to a major label, but these labels take alot of control over your work.

So a major artist would never be able to be true to him/herself?

So if you knew that you had something that people would buy from you, and you knew it would sell well, you still wouldn't be able to be yourself because of the labels. To be a major artist, you have to be signed to a major label, but these labels take alot of control over your work.

So a major artist would never be able to be true to him/herself?

If you have something that people want, you don't need to be signed to a major label.

The major labels often don't understand or care why something is popular they just want to hijack the momentum so they can turn a profit, like a rapper might be initially popular due to his lyrical abilities but he is not getting signed because of them, he is getting signed due to his popularity, so his lyrical skills are viewed as somewhat disposable.

Cheif Keef is a good example. His momentum went down as soon as he got signed.....or even further....as soon as his song got hijacked (remixed and turned into someone else's property). That's where knowledge and wisdom comes in....having someone with knowledge, wisdom, and who you can trust. Chief Keef could've been the start of something greater than what Kanye West could ever do.......it had to be destroyed. Birdman was wise. P was wise. BUT NEITHER OF THEM JUMPED ON THE FIRST OPS THEY GOT. That momentum keep growing until the "real money" was in their face. What's 3 mil? It ain't shit. Chief needed some real guidance. The same could've happened with The Hot Boys.....with Silk Da Shocker. THen boys had good guidance. People complain about what they feel they should've got, but never think about the path their own level of wisdom would've gotten them.

^^^BUT ABOVE ALL OF THAT.........a product that people want fro you comes before all of that. You can have the hustle skills of Donald.......trying to sell a fish a raincoat.

And I think MARKETING...is the least thing people need to know. That's always proven correct. Of course unless you trying to FOOL people. People don't like being fooled......or like marketers...they are asswholes.

Word of mouth.......that's where your marketing strategy should be about for your "MUSIC"......not tricking people into liking your garbage. Because when you have to trick people......it says a lot about your product. Ole "buy one, get one free"....vs....my headphones.....$399.....everyone has them as you can see." You don't even have to pay people....get free promotion.

Although I totally agree with what Rice is saying about marketing and integrity, I think it's somewhat important to have an understanding of the subject.

Like let's say Rice and I both own different cafés yet we both buy cake from the same baker, but prior to putting his cake on display Rice takes a slice for himself *om nom nom* whereas I do not because I want to make as much profit as I can from the cake, so I get lots of different color chalk and I write something like "try our delicious fresh cake" on the black board, yet over at Rice's café he has not made any effort at all to create such a sign, well guess who is going to sell more cake?.......that's right, the answer is Rice, why? because by removing a slice his cake was able to convey a more effective message than what I had written with words, the removed slice implies that the cake was worth eating.

rappers are broke cause they spend half a milion on cars jewels and cribs, ok. However some might think rappers are broke period, which this vidoe does not proove. However in the game most portry themselves to be more ballin then they are, that's just the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
We can talk about rappers all day. But rappers > beatmakers. Where a beatmaker is trying goji juice marketing trying to be Vybe and JJ, a rapper can make more than the average worker just in their surrounding areas performing. Beatmaker sits on his ass, check out what's hot, copies that style, gets props and praise from lesser "talented" beatmakers, sells the ideas in the most unprofessional way for cheap, yet is still broke. Could've got a job.....nope.....could learn how to perform live and create a domino effect buzz from local to region to country and worldwide.....nope......could sell those type beats as a construction kit company on the low......nope. Just clickin it. I personally knew people making atleast $400 over the weekend rappin at shows. And they were garbage. lol! I didn't make $400 for two hours in two days. Why? Because I was the greatest rapper of all times....the fuuck I look like getting that little chunk changes....I need a crowd of 20,000 or more....because I'm the next Redman...MFer!!!! Yep....I make $400 a week....bustin my ass getting filthy for 5 days. Should've took my ass to college when I was young......but I was cursed with skills that no man on this planet could touch...not even Kool G Rap himself.

Thinking of getting back on the mic. Making a new song a day at work during breaks. I got a synthstation 25, plenty of apps, about to get the apogee mic. Record quality tracks in the ride. 15 minutes to make a beat, 30 minutes to record.....Jay Z style with rhymes in my head, 15 minutes to record the vocal sketches til I get off. Might not leave the parkin lot. Time to get in yall rappers ass.....because yall are food for the garage disposal. Flip the switch on yall suckas. VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

#1. Good product..............not by your standards good. But by the people. THAT SHIT IS VERY VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!! FUUCK MARKETING GOT DAMMIT!!! It's a waste of your MFing time without that. That's why you fail. Good is not good enough.

#2. People need a way to get to your product. The more people are "enjoying" your product, the more others will want to enjoy.

#3. GET MONEY.

Justin Timberlake Made a Fortune Giving His Album Away - Yahoo! Finance

This goes for rappers to. The only problem is that today it's hard for a rapper "other than Drake" to give people what they want on a large scale. Though I don't like nothing about Drake's punk ass......he keeps giving the people what they want, and it won't play out til he slips on the quality of his product.

And that's a point to be made......QUALITY. You keep letting these non mixing ass, non mastering ass dudes with home trained skills mess up the product. You are NOT sitting still for a moment to think a whole project through. You are not giving people a "GREAT SOCIAL EXPERIENCE" with your products. Your shows are like "another rapper.....COME ON PEOPLE....HE CAME DOWN HERE TO PERFORM FOR YALL...YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT....GIVE IT UP TO SWAGAMANIAC"......crowd claps the same way a preacher makes you get out of your seat and bow your head.....not because you want to, but because you are told to.

What does a rapper have to offer? Especially when their voice is annoying today. Throughout the history of hip hop.....rappers became great through one of the most important factors. NOT THOSE MULTISCIENTIFICAL RHYME'S....but the VOICE itself. How you everyday claiming you the best because of some shit you wrote? Pussy....sit yo ass down....you sound like a pushover. Even the push overs in rap have confidence in being a pushover. Confidence.....not the fake confidence...but the real confidence. Confidence never gets over or underdone.....it is what it is and it's natural. And a lot of rappers are just not naturally confident on the mic.

But man I need to STFU. Write a book and get paid for this info. Instead of giving people shit to put on their blogs...when they don't know shit about shit........shit.

Last edited:
More people care about quality than we think. You download a mixtape that's cloudy with no depth, the album is only a bit better quality wise. Doesn't matter to the person featuring on everybody's music, because they on tour......not their tour by the way. But they are getting money. If that's what you want......because you are not in demand.....feature on as many people's music as possible. Fuuck the money.....who do you think you are? Yeah dude sucks, but you the one people like "DAMN DUDE SNAPPIN ON THAT SHIT. Everywhere you at you snappin. Collaborating with any and everybody. You everywhere. It cost you nothing but your time to make a 16.......and three of your on.

The object for you right now.........is to make them people in your town go "he is from where....here....we need him in our club one day." They will meet you and say "we've been talking a lot about you" instead of "damn.....another rapper....GET....GET DEVIL...GET!!!" And that's just in your city. You never know about in other cities when something becomes popular....what would the show be without you? A bunch of people wishing you were there to spit that 16 that was stuck in thier head.....hell...maybe just the two lines that they can't help but repeat. BUT......these ole dumb ass rapper be all in people face smelling like hamberburger greese talking about their work ethic in rap music. Fuuckin bum. 30 mixtapes with vocals that sound like they were recorded in a bathroom with the fan on and shit.....talkin bout work. FOH. Ridin around in a beat up Box chevy and your song sounds like the a big block engine with a robot from lost in space rappin. FOH. Shit was cool back in the days....this 2013. Dudes trying to get rich recording vocals using their iphone and shit..........music waaaaaaaaaaay in the background.....vocals sound like somebody went on a old bills destroying marathon and ranting at the same damn time!! FOH. cruuuuushhhhhhhhhhh crumble crumble......I'm going to make it...nobody can stop me.......cruuuuuuuuuuush crumble"..........smart enough to use the bulit in gate. Thatt Foo know what a gate is....that damn gate is VERY important. He can tell you all day what the gate on the app mean. :cry: "working on my new mixtape #grindlikeme".

Back