Why is Johnny Juliano not More Popular?

you'd be naive to think that anybody can make a hit single, youre not taking in the account of all the marketing and promo around all gold everything, the videos, all of that. Not just anybody can make a hit
when i said "make" i ment produce a hit record since we're producers here not rappers (for the most part) ... but i'm saying.. a lot records could be a hit record... alot of beats you hear / make you might initially say "ehh it's okay" .. send it out and all of a sudden the rapper does his thing and it's a hit... i know sonny digital did that with racks on racks.. he made the beat.. didn't think nothing of it ... next thing you know, his name is poppin..

also.. true hit records take off by themselves.. what we get today is a lot of 'manufactured' hit records...

Last edited:
^^^You realize "all gold' was a PUSHED RECORD.

Again, what record has JJ produced that was PUSHED?

Plenty of guys with 1 or 2 hits among 10-20 PUSHED records are showing a way worse batting avg IMO than JJ(example Hit boy, no offense to him, hope he goes far, has already gone far, lol he's worked with Beyonce, Jay, Kanye, Britney, Diddy, Wayne and Eminem). But alot of his records dwindle off with BIG PUSH(and that's just as accountable to the artists performing on the records).

JJ has never been put on a platform where millions listened and rejected the record...to my knowledge. Until that happens you can't blame him for not having a hit record. There's a machine behind a hit record the producer ultimately has no control over.

Example...who couldn't have made "Grinding" for the Clipse? or "It's going Down" for Yung Joc? Because of the PUSH, they were huge records. If fans rejected them, they'd be IMO a bigger failure than anything JJ's done that never was given a chance.

Just cause a rapper jumps on your beat doesn't mean you're getting the PUSH a hit record needs. There's all types of shadowed politics behind taking a record that far. 9/10 if an artist is tracking down JJ, they don't have their eggs lined up for a hit record anyway. Most producers who get hit records get their first one by luck of the draw and from there become a reliable source for hits if they don't drop the ball from that point. JJ has never got the chance IMO no different than anyone else here.

Last edited:
^^^You realize "all gold' was a PUSHED RECORD.

Again, what record has JJ produced that was PUSHED?

Plenty of guys with 1 or 2 hits among 10-20 PUSHED records are showing a way worse batting avg IMO than JJ(example Hit boy, no offense to him, hope he goes far, has already gone far, lol he's worked with Beyonce, Jay, Kanye, Britney, Diddy, Wayne and Eminem). But alot of his records dwindle off with BIG PUSH.

JJ has never been put on a platform where millions listened and rejected the record...to my knowledge. Until that happens you can't blame him for not having a hit record. There's a machine behind a hit record the producer ultimately has no control over.

Example...who couldn't have made "Grinding" for the Clipse? or "It's going Down" for Yung Joc? Because of the PUSH, they were huge records. If fans rejected them, they'd be IMO a bigger failure than anything JJ's done that never was given a chance.

Just cause a rapper jumps on your beat doesn't mean you're getting the PUSH a hit record needs. There's all types of shadowed politics behind taking a record that far. 9/10 if an artist is tracking down JJ, they don't have their eggs lined up for a hit record anyway. Most producers who get hit records get their first one by luck of the draw and from there become a reliable source for hits if they don't drop the ball from that point. JJ has never got the chance IMO no different than anyone else here.

not all hit records HAVE to be pushed... some it just comes naturally... radio stations will play a hit song if it keeps listeners tuned in, push or no push.. for instance before kreayshawn dropped gucci gucci and it took a week or a day or maybe 3 days to hit a million views on youtube .. she wasn't even signed at that point, she wasn't a known rapper had only 1 video up before that.. afterwards she got signed than her label started to push it... but most people in the rap community already had her about it.. push or no push you can't deny a hit record.. jj is a dope producer who many look up to.. but i think some of his cartoonish sounds holds him back..

Now we're gonna pretend Kreashawn(as well as Chief Keef and others)weren't freak accidents that opposed the infrastructure? Now, by your own logic, why do artists like these peak and decline from their point of impact? Does that not make them more of a fluke than a guy like JJ who's been on the rise majority of his career?

So...are we ultimately blaming JJ for not giving a beat to an upcomer with that "hit" ready to go? Because that would contradict the argument that "since he works with big names he should have a hit".

Now we're gonna pretend Kreashawn(as well as Chief Keef and others)weren't freak accidents that opposed the infrastructure? Now, by your own logic, why do artists like these peak and decline from their point of impact? Does that not make them more of a fluke than a guy like JJ who's been on the rise majority of his career?

So...are we ultimately blaming JJ for not giving a beat to an upcomer with that "hit" ready to go? Because that would contradict the argument that "since he works with big names he should have a hit".

lol i'm just giving examples ... kanye west actually gave chief keef a push in my opinion cause i never heard of him until kanye mentioned his name so you win that one.. .. and your comparing producers and artists.. you can't really do that..

i'm just looking at things statistically... johnny juliano has had thousands of people rap on his beats #Fact the more people who rap on your beats the more chance of scoring a hit record #FACT juliano HASN'T produced a hit record #FACT ... he has a pmp account where theres track dumps to numerous upcoming albums #FACT he's not getting noteworthy placements like that #FACT

Maybe his cartoony sound doesn't sit well with people OR ______ he's getting black balled either answer is valid.... we can let the people decide..

i think you gotta do a little bit more research to see what exactly takes and makes a hit, theres a lot of behind the scene things that go on from relationships to payola involved.

lol i'm just giving examples ... kanye west actually gave chief keef a push in my opinion cause i never heard of him until kanye mentioned his name so you win that one.. .. and your comparing producers and artists.. you can't really do that..

i'm just looking at things statistically... johnny juliano has had thousands of people rap on his beats #Fact the more people who rap on your beats the more chance of scoring a hit record #FACT juliano HASN'T produced a hit record #FACT ... he has a pmp account where theres track dumps to numerous upcoming albums #FACT he's not getting noteworthy placements like that #FACT

Maybe his cartoony sound doesn't sit well with people OR ______ he's getting black balled either answer is valid.... we can let the people decide..

Facts aren't presented in the statements you're making. Since you're looking at things statistically lets delve further into things. Alot of people rapping to your beats does not equate to a better chance of you making a hit record. More people positioned correctly using your tracks(that involves everything from having an outlet to get their music in the right hands to having quality songs)will indeed increase your chances. The people copping JJ beats aren't "positioned correctly" majority of the time whether a major artist or a kid down the street.

That's like me saying "you've worked with Soulja boy. He's had a few hits, so your track with him not being a hit must be your fault". We both know there's way more to it than that. Timing of the release, how good the song is, and the PUSH I keep referring to all become factors as a record excels to the status of a hit. It can happen with the 1st record you do or the millionth, but it won't happen until everything is aligned perfectly.

Genuine question I don't know the answer to...how many PMP track dumps have ended with a "hit record?" I've known them to end with placements, even a single here or there...but I'm asking sincerely...HITS?

I can't blame JJ's sound or him as a producer. Alot of weaker tracks have made their way to be "hits" than the stuff he produces. That can be said for any producer in any position though.

Not arguing, don't take anything I'm saying as disrespect, just discussing a topic. :cheers:

Last edited:
All I hear is the same old trap shit

I don't see why he should be more known than the next guy that does the same shit lol

or am I missing something

Facts aren't presented in the statements you're making. Since you're looking at things statistically lets delve further into things. Alot of people rapping to your beats does not equate to a better chance of you making a hit record. More people positioned correctly using your tracks(that involves everything from having an outlet to get their music in the right hands to having quality songs)will indeed increase your chances. The people copping JJ beats aren't "positioned correctly" majority of the time whether a major artist or a kid down the street.

That's like me saying "you've worked with Soulja boy. He's had a few hits, so your track with him not being a hit must be your fault". We both know there's way more to it than that. Timing of the release, how good the song is, and the PUSH I keep referring to all become factors as a record excels to the status of a hit. It can happen with the 1st record you do or the millionth, but it won't happen until everything is aligned perfectly.

Genuine question I don't know the answer to...how many PMP track dumps have ended with a "hit record?" I've known them to end with placements, even a single here or there...but I'm asking sincerely...HITS?

I can't blame JJ's sound or him as a producer. Alot of weaker tracks have made their way to be "hits" than the stuff he produces. That can be said for any producer in any position though.

Not arguing, don't take anything I'm saying as disrespect, just discussing a topic. :cheers:

the facts are there 1st off.. and okay he's not making hits or placements.. okay he's black balled you win.. lol im done talking about him peace :angel:

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

really couldnt have thought of a better example the kreayshawn honestly?

first thing that came to my mind is all...

Back