Why is Johnny Juliano not More Popular?

Nobody can do things on their own.....want all the credit.....don't matter how good they are.

They will always need a "TEAM".

Shit leads to cancer and shit like that man......slow yo ass down JJ.

What's to explain? When was the last time you saw a BEAT make #1 on Billboard? When was the last time you saw a BEAT go platinum?

Songs sell. Labels aren't too interested in BEATS. Beats are a dime a dozen. If you're not in-house (or got a major name) for a label (or the A&R/manager/artist/etc), you ain't making alot of money off selling beats to labels.

Labels want SONGS. They want beats with HOOKS on em.

If all you got is BEATS, then stay on the soundclick market.

JJ is probably still caking off the SC market. Props and Continued success to him.

And JJ is a member of FP, in case y'all didn't know.

Beats sell ... At the end of the da it's what the artists do with the beats.. We don't control how good we'll be.. We depend on how good the song an artist makes on our beat. People will start ****ing with you once they heard a dope SONG to one of your beats..

EXAMPLE: The All Gold Everything Beat

That is not a 'song' like your saying. That is a BEAT that got Trinidad James signed for 2 million dollars and was on billboard for weeks.

I don't think the beat was that good.. He used real basic sounds but Trinidad heard something in it and made it a hit..

Beats sell ... At the end of the da it's what the artists do with the beats.. We don't control how good we'll be.. We depend on how good the song an artist makes on our beat. People will start ****ing with you once they heard a dope SONG to one of your beats..

EXAMPLE: The All Gold Everything Beat

That is not a 'song' like your saying. That is a BEAT that got Trinidad James signed for 2 million dollars and was on billboard for weeks.

I don't think the beat was that good.. He used real basic sounds but Trinidad heard something in it and made it a hit..

And how much of that did the producer of the beat get? $3000? Maybe?

Trinidad James sold hundreds of thousands of copies of that song. Got a 2 million dollar deal off of HIS SONG.

The producer sold one copy of that beat, and got $3000.

Songs > Beats.

Without even saying that the beat was initially featured on a free mixtape..
and without stating the obvious. That is : it is really a rare case. What were the odds in the first place.

I am not even sure that songs actually sell like that nowadays unless you can really grab that syndication money. (which means you still have to go through filters).

But in the future, songs will be a must. Already, People are not judged on whether they are on a major or not. Major ? Indie ? There won't be any real difference soon.

asp20gp, the cat who produced 'Pop That' got signed to 'We The Best' and made some hits since that record came out.

DJ Khaled feat. Future, Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross - I Wanna Be With You
Ace Hood feat. Lil Wayne - We Outchea
Busta Rhymes feat. Trey Songz, Future - Shake It

Just to name a few...

Last edited:
When is the last time REALLY had a hit?

Last ime we had A REAL HIT was Black & Yellow with Wiz, since then, rappers just put out song after song.

2-3 years ago he should've taken advantage of the hype he had with working with good artists. Now hes just forgotten and honestly, his beats are all the same these days.

And how much of that did the producer of the beat get? $3000? Maybe?

Trinidad James sold hundreds of thousands of copies of that song. Got a 2 million dollar deal off of HIS SONG.

The producer sold one copy of that beat, and got $3000.

Songs > Beats.

What are you saying? You went somewhere else and lost me. From what you written you want us all to rap now cause more money is in songs? Point is YOU said beats don't matter no more when they really do. You don't HAVE to write hooks though they do help.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

When is the last time REALLY had a hit?

Last ime we had A REAL HIT was Black & Yellow with Wiz, since then, rappers just put out song after song.

What are you talking about? Julianto didn't produce black and yellow.

That stuff doesn't matter these artist's don't care or sometimes know about local dudes or internet dudes rapping off the beat first.Trust me if a major artist hit you up about a beat you already sold the exclusive rights to a local dude or somebody over the internet and you tell them that you sold it 9 times outta 10 if they really want that beat they will tell you f*ck that n*gga he ain't nobody or gonna do nothing with it anyway we gone do BIG things with it or try to buy it from whoever bought it from you and their label will back them.You know the song Versace by the Migos that's big right now?Guess what.That was Soulja Boy's beat first he recorded and released a song off that beat a year ago called OMG Part 2

Then guess what Plies used it on his mixtape last year

You think Migos cared about them using the beat first? No

You think Drake cared? No

You think Meek Mill and Tyga cared? No

Jr Boss used this beat last month and shot a video to it featuring Doe B who is signed with Grand Hustle

Migos used the same beat and put it on their new mixtape that came out yesterday

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Remember Meek Mill's House Party beat? You do know the producer of that song had a soundclick page with that beat on it for lease right?
SoundClick artist: THE BEAT BULLY - page with MP3 music downloads

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Remember Meek Mill's House Party beat? You do know the producer of that song had a soundclick page with that beat on it for lease right?
SoundClick artist: THE BEAT BULLY - page with MP3 music downloads

Future's producers Nard & B got a website with high quality industry beats that im sure they send or give to major artists as well as lease them on their site
Nard & B : WELCOME!!.. WE'RE NOW GIVING ALL INDEPENDENT ARTISTS THE OPPORTUNITY TO EXPERIENCE MULTI-PLATINUM PRODUCTION.. LET'S WERK!!! - myFlashStore.net

My boy you still miss the point. It's perception. People perceive his beats as cheap. He's suffering from the same thing FL studio suffered from. Cats was clowning FL because a lot of dudes made dinky ass beats so they thought fl was dinky. Johnny got a lot of dinky ass niggas appearing on his beats. So it hurts his image. His affordability drives down his value to larger artists. I know dudes who got themselves a JJ Beat. Ain't nobody trying to sound like a nobody. If I'm Drake why would I want to sound like Jamal from down the street? Before these big name dudes even hear a JJ Beat they got a negative image of some sorry ass rapper spitting over it.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

What are you saying? You went somewhere else and lost me. From what you written you want us all to rap now cause more money is in songs? Point is YOU said beats don't matter no more when they really do. You don't HAVE to write hooks though they do help.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

What are you talking about? Julianto didn't produce black and yellow.

Troup talking about giving rappers a song concept as opposed to just giving them a beat. That approach is more workable with singers as opposed to rappers though mainly because the rappers want to be in charge of their own sound, where as a singer's sound is more reliant on the producers around them.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Troup talking about giving rappers a song concept as opposed to just giving them a beat. That approach is more workable with singers as opposed to rappers though mainly because the rappers want to be in charge of their own sound, where as a singer's sound is more reliant on the producers around them.

i mean it would be nice to say to a rapper I have this vision for the beat but realistically most people email beats and artists do their thing...

2nd artists have their own vision of what their gonna say and do with a beat.. A producer really isn't gonna change that... With singers it's a diff ball game

i mean it would be nice to say to a rapper I have this vision for the beat but realistically most people email beats and artists do their thing...

2nd artists have their own vision of what their gonna say and do with a beat.. A producer really isn't gonna change that... With singers it's a diff ball game

Exactly. We all know it is hard to sell a song to rappers. Most of em hear a beat and want you to record the first thing they freestyle. What Troup is proposing is to change the whole rapper producer paradigm as we know it. I like the idea of a new paradigm but it's still very unlikely it'll happen. Rappers too hard headed to listen to someone that ain't them.

I am sure there a lot of different reasons but I am guessing its more of a choice. If you know what you are doing then there is a ton of money out there in music if you have the talent and you don't have to deal with the bullshit that comes with doing mainstream music especially rap music. The money in making music these days is not in being on albums its in being apart of someone else's content.

Probably he just wasn't able to link up with an artist that was able to make hits. For example, its like the producer 40 linking up with drake. 40 charge drake but then they decided to team up together.

He's too accessible. Anyone can get a JJ Beat. Big name rappers want something that no one else can get. Not something that's common. I'm not in no way knocking his talent. But the overall popularity of his beats among amateur rappers belittle his product in the eyes of some of the big name rappers. Jay don't wanna be on the same beat that some kid in the subbubs is gonna rap to

I can't agree with this. People like Kane Beats, Araab Beats, ect. are just as "accessible". And he has done quite a few songs with major artists. Was with Wiz for the beginning of his career as well. 9/10 when a guy like JJ fades away from the "majors", it's because he wants to get paid right so they move on to the next guy who will allow them to f**k him over instead of investing in their sound. True Story.

Pretty sure he's done more records than Young Chop who we think is so "on" right now.

Last edited:
This just also came to me... Realistically he has prolly had the most amount of rappers rap on his beats and he's yet to have a hit record... Anyone can make a hit record and he has the highest chance of doing so since so many 'rappers' rap on his beats... But he's yet to actually have 1. ... His sound doesn't translate into hit records .. That may also be a reason

I like his beats, but not necessarily some of the vibes and sounds used in them. I think he can be a little TOO eccentric on his beats from time to time in my humble opinion.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

This just also came to me... Realistically he has prolly had the most amount of rappers rap on his beats and he's yet to have a hit record... Anyone can make a hit record and he has the highest chance of doing so since so many 'rappers' rap on his beats... But he's yet to actually have 1. ... His sound doesn't translate into hit records .. That may also be a reason

Exactly, his sound is kind of strange. Dope, but strange.

Not a fanboy at all, but gotta defend this one too. You've produced for artists yourself, so you know there's records made for mixtapes and album fillers as well as singles. If he had a chance at making singles all this time, i'd agree with you, but no one in those offices ever gave one of his tracks the push a hit record needs. They end up on mixtapes and used as album fillers.

Have you ever heard a JJ track in promotional rotation on the radio like J.Cole's "Powertrip" or Wale's "Bad"? If anything, his talented is reflected in the fact so many rappers use his tracks. It's not his fault the corps don't push them.

Not a fanboy at all, but gotta defend this one too. You've produced for artists yourself, so you know there's records made for mixtapes and album fillers as well as singles. If he had a chance at making singles all this time, i'd agree with you, but no one in those offices ever gave one of his tracks the push a hit record needs. They end up on mixtapes and used as album fillers.

Have you ever heard a JJ track in promotional rotation on the radio like J.Cole's "Powertrip" or Wale's "Bad"? If anything, his talented is reflected in the fact so many rappers use his tracks. It's not his fault the corps don't push them.

I see what your saying.. But any record you make can be a hit with the right artists on it.. Let's take trinidad james all gold everything ... does the beat sound like a hit record? does the beat sound a single? no not at all... the producer had the right rapper rap on it and make it a hit record.... Juliano has had thousands of rappers rap on his beats if not more and not 1 has ben able to spawn a hit record... He has a higher chance than most people because alot of people use his beats .... so tell me, why hasn't he had a hit record yet? It's part his fault cause he doesn't have that sound and it's also the artists who raps on his beats.. but alot of people have used his "free leases" and not one has made a hit record.... his sound doesn't seem capable right now.. not that i'm ruling out it not happening down the line..

I see what your saying.. But any record you make can be a hit with the right artists on it.. Let's take trinidad james all gold everything ... does the beat sound like a hit record? does the beat sound a single? no not at all... the producer had the right rapper rap on it and make it a hit record.... Juliano has had thousands of rappers rap on his beats if not more and not 1 has ben able to spawn a hit record... He has a higher chance than most people because alot of people use his beats .... so tell me, why hasn't he had a hit record yet? It's part his fault cause he doesn't have that sound and it's also the artists who raps on his beats.. but alot of people have used his "free leases" and not one has made a hit record.... his sound doesn't seem capable right now.. not that i'm ruling out it not happening down the line..

you'd be naive to think that anybody can make a hit single, youre not taking in the account of all the marketing and promo around all gold everything, the videos, all of that. Not just anybody can make a hit

Back