Why Doesn't Anyone Dig Anymore

Xabiton said:
if this person was really talented id tell him/her to sell a beat and buy a turntable and stop maing excuses

thats the point. it doesn't sound sterile like a cd or a mp3. I hate that crystal clear sound personally. Vinyl has more bottom to it. I like the character that it adds. Imo Vinyl sounds way better than cds and mp3s

co sign. Vinyl is very special and not everything on vinyl can be found on cd most certainly not mp3. Vinyl is the oldest mainstream medium. You can't find obscure recordings from the 40s on cd or mp3 like you can on vinyl.
....YA DIDN'T ANSWER THE QUESTION HOMESKILLET..:rolleyes:

sure i did u didnt like the answer. but id likely go with the guy who didnt chop because a lot of chopped beats annoy me.

Xabiton said:
sure i did u didnt like the answer. but id likely go with the guy who didnt chop because a lot of chopped beats annoy me.
LOL, NAH YOU DIDN'T..I ASKED IF MY FLIPS DIDN'T COUNT BECAUSE THE SAMPLES WERE FROM NON-VINYL SOURCES..

ANYWAY, IT'S ALL GOOD..ACTUALLY, I TRY TO CHOP AND FLIP SAMPLES AS MUCH AS I CAN..AIN'T NOTHING CREATIVE ABOUT CUTTIN A COUPLE LOOPS, IN MY OPINION..BUT TO EACH THEIR OWN ;)

Last edited:
hip hop in its essance is drum music. the creativity can and should be found in drum programming. Besides that once u get into songwriting a loop can be just what you need.

i dig. just not in the crates. i stay listening 2 the quite storm on sunday nights!

and tom journer in the morning. everytime im in a resteraunt i hear a sample that i wanna use.

yo

LETS SING IT .COM is one of the best sites ever invented for people looking for songs they dont know.

but another thing about sampling from the vinyl vs someones rip they uploaded from some record is that you have complete control over how the music is going into your system or hardware.

Xabiton said:
the creativity can and should be found in drum programming.
HMM, I'D TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM THAT SHOULD WORD, LOL.. CREATIVITY CAN BE FOUND IN ANY AND EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR MUSIC..WHY LIMIT YOURSELF TO JUST DRUMS..WHERE THE SKILLS AT?!

Alright, here are my thoughts on sampling:

I like music that sounds like real life. Not some sterile, shiny, overblown T-Pain bullsh*t. Sampled music is dusty, soulful, it's weird...it just sounds more organic – like real life. I mean c'mon, despite what the radio would have us believe, not everyone drinks cristal and grinds on fat asses all day long. That sh*t is fake as ****. I think people need to wake up to that, but that's another issue.

Also, sorry, but to whoever said "loops aren't creative" you're wrong. The beats of the highest caliber are loops. The challenge is having an ear that can recognize 6-12 second of gold from 30 minutes of vinyl. Not many people do, so there are a lot of mediocre looped beats. If you chop samples then you can pretty much take any old sound and chop it and replay it to your delight. But with loops, you can only sample certain ish, and all the elements have to be just right. And the loops will obviously sound better because it's played by an actual band and it's chopped to pieces.

PhirstN3rd said:
Alright, here are my thoughts on sampling:

I like music that sounds like real life. Not some sterile, shiny, overblown T-Pain bullsh*t. Sampled music is dusty, soulful, it's weird...it just sounds more organic – like real life. I mean c'mon, despite what the radio would have us believe, not everyone drinks cristal and grinds on fat asses all day long. That sh*t is fake as ****. I think people need to wake up to that, but that's another issue.

Also, sorry, but to whoever said "loops aren't creative" you're wrong. The beats of the highest caliber are loops. The challenge is having an ear that can recognize 6-12 second of gold from 30 minutes of vinyl. Not many people do, so there are a lot of mediocre looped beats. If you chop samples then you can pretty much take any old sound and chop it and replay it to your delight. But with loops, you can only sample certain ish, and all the elements have to be just right. And the loops will obviously sound better because it's played by an actual band and it's chopped to pieces.
AYE, I LOVE SOME LOOPED ISH!! LIKE THE EARL KLUGH JOINT PAC USED FOR "PAIN" GREAT STUFF!! BUT IF YOU THINK LOOPING A SAMPLE &&THROWING SOME DRUMS OVER IT IS CREATIVE, THEN YOU GOT ANOTHER THING COMIN............SORRY;):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Xabiton said:
so u dont think druming s creative lol. maybe if all u do is mouse click them they arent
drumming is a skill, and yes..requires creativity. but i don't think being able to recognize a "loopable" sample is anything special.

Last edited:
I'd rather loop something and make a nice joint than make some over chopped crap. Being creative don't mean **** if your songs are ass.

noblewordz said:
I'd rather loop something and make a nice joint than make some over chopped crap. Being creative don't mean **** if your songs are ass.
Yeah, granted the whole vibe is right..some shyt you just wanna spit over, nah mean? But if you can find the right sample, and your nice with it, chopping can become very useful..actually flipping a sample to the point where no one can recognize it ++making it hot requires a helluva lot more skill &&patience then simply loopin something up cause you like how it sounds..Jus sayin'

booma_Musik said:
drumming is a skill, and yes..requires creativity. but i don't think being able to recognize a "loopable" sample is anything special.
even with creative drums? u contradicted yourself.

u said puttng drums over looped samples isnt creative then u turned around and said drumming does require creativity. which is it? ur talkng out ur ass

booma_Musik said:
AYE, I LOVE SOME LOOPED ISH!! LIKE THE EARL KLUGH JOINT PAC USED FOR "PAIN" GREAT STUFF!! BUT IF YOU THINK LOOPING A SAMPLE &&THROWING SOME DRUMS OVER IT IS CREATIVE, THEN YOU GOT ANOTHER THING COMIN............SORRY;):rolleyes::rolleyes:
booma_Musik said:
hmmmmmmmm

Last edited:
Xabiton said:
u said puttng drums over looped samples isnt creative then u turned around and said drumming does require creativity. which is it? ur talkng out ur ass
dun dun..read again!! i've clarified my opinion once, here goes round two..
booma_Musik said:
got it?

let me rephrase that if drumming is creative but using a looped sample makes it uncreative now? sounds like u dont know what u believe

Last edited:
Xabiton said:
let me rephrase that if drumming is creative but using a looped sample makes it uncreative now? sounds like u dont know what u believe
nah, i just ain't word my thoughts right..don't get it twisted meng!!

Last edited:
Back