Who will still be making hits 10 years from now ???

Yo... I think the conversation of who is going to be around is great!.... But didn't we start off talking about Mixing and Mastering....
Let me throw this out there:
I have read a lot of reviews: WaveLab 7 keeps coming up for good tools to Master. Also SoundForge 10. Do you agree with these reviews as far as having the best tools to master?

LJBoogie
Keep it Fresh!

Last edited:
Good and simple trick:
Drag your favorite track in Pro Tools, Ableton, Logic or whatever you use.
Make your own track sound as good as your favorite by comparing it constantly.

Im almost certain he'll be around rapping to super fast three note synth heavy bass music...lol..watch

if mac miller and drake are relevant in 2022 i'll be in new zealand living in a fµcking tent with some island broad.

yeah I agree snoop will be there 'til he's 50.. he might also consider doing what 2pac did in coachella (just to be with us)!LOL! dobn't like Justin Bieber (who does?) but until 'lil girls realize that he's #%@$! G@ye, bieber will remain 10 to 15 years from now.

Scary Squids | New Music Reviews and More
Audio Mastering Man | Professional CD Mastering

Last edited by a moderator:
kanye, maybe kid cudi. simply because as rappers/producers they are more in control of their own destinies. wiz khalifa is a rapper producer but he's flavor of the month material. i think some of the mainstays of the last 20 years (jay-z, nas, snoop) will simply be too old, and dre who could potentially make hits the rest of his life seems to be in the process of retiring.

I think Kanye is going to be the biggest Hip-Hop artist of the next 10 years. def agreeing with you guys. def as a producer.
I think Jay-Z will stop making music somewhere before 2020 though.
So do Nas, Ice Cube, Common, Talib, Mos Def, Eminem and Snoop.
I think Wiz Khalifa, Ludachris, Wayne won't be succesful anymore within 5 years.
I think Drake is def gonna stay relevant for another 5 years.
I feel like Detox is gonna be Dre's last album but i do think it's gonna be very succesful.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

And i think a lot of Hip-Hop producers are gonna switch to Dance music in the next 10 years or just quit.

Last edited:
Eminem, Jay Z, Kanye, 50 cent, rick ross, Lil wayne I HOPE NOT, ummmm well I ran out because I I don't listen to radio music or hit music any more I listen to the old stuff from years back because most of the new stuff is new people that pretty much disgrace music like justin bieber and recbecca black. I wish I could put my favorit rappers up there but they ain't as mainstream and kids like skinny jeans and the word swag these days.

Back