Who is the best producer in Hip-Hop Music today?

I like that new track that Scott Storch did. Also Mike will does make a bug impact in today's market. That's why I'm staying on business mode, so one day you can say my name!

1. Dre
2. West
3. Blaze
4. Tim
5. Mannie
6. Toomp
7. Swizz
8. Polow

cant really think of a whole top 10

Just blaze will always be one of the best though, him and kanye....

Doc Dre will always be the best.

Mannie Fresh is one of the greats.

U guys are naming these new guys too fast....t-minus aint there yet.....

unless he's got some stuff i dont know about..... i dont have time anymore to pay attention to other producers, ...even though im doing it now.... im really not even producing anymore though.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Dre
2. West
3. Blaze
4. Tim
5. Mannie
6. Toomp
7. Swizz
8. Polow

cant really think of a whole top 10

Just blaze will always be one of the best though, him and kanye....

Doc Dre will always be the best.

Mannie Fresh is one of the greats.

U guys are naming these new guys too fast....t-minus aint there yet.....

unless he's got some stuff i dont know about..... i dont have time anymore to pay attention to other producers, ...even though im doing it now.... im really not even producing anymore though.

Like your list, I got Dre at the top of mine but Tim at 2, easily. T-minus best tune is the Kendrick Lamar tune Swimming pools. (anyone know where I can find drums like that??) I love that nasty feel he captured there, one to watch for the future I reckon. Storch has to be up there for me for all the killer hooks he's created over the years. A ****ing monster on them keys too!

i dont know about the best i see a lot of popular names though

i like Skrillex alot Pimp C made some cold tunes DrDre of course RZA i can go on and on but my all time favorite producer is

Curtis Mayfield

What are prerequisites to be the "best" producer? Who has the most artists on their material? Who makes the most money? I'm unaware of any producer who could make a masterpiece with any equipment...analog or digital...synthesizers or mpC. Seems like every producer has their own style and sticks to one type of workstation. My favorites: Dr. Dre, Ryan Leslie, No I.D.

What are prerequisites to be the "best" producer? Who has the most artists on their material? Who makes the most money? I'm unaware of any producer who could make a masterpiece with any equipment...analog or digital...synthesizers or mpC. Seems like every producer has their own style and sticks to one type of workstation. My favorites: Dr. Dre, Ryan Leslie, No I.D.

I agree with this but I think Storch may be the exception. He can make and has made hits on just about everything, uses MPC's and absolutely kills it on any keys. Dre is a ****ing legend, in a class above most other producers in my opinion.

Like your list, I got Dre at the top of mine but Tim at 2, easily. T-minus best tune is the Kendrick Lamar tune Swimming pools. (anyone know where I can find drums like that??) I love that nasty feel he captured there, one to watch for the future I reckon. Storch has to be up there for me for all the killer hooks he's created over the years. A ****ing monster on them keys too!

i should of put toomp after swizz...i made one mistake.

Back