Which mpc is the best for drum programing and overall workflow?

dmajor100

Debating right now on what mpc would ne good for me as far as sequencing and drum making which is a kust for me.I was just at guitar center and the mpc 5000 seems cool and smooth but not sure if the 4000 or older ones would be better.Drum editing is a must but would also like one that is the fastest workflow gor browsing samples and editing them completely different.

Oh really well I have maschine but dnt think im looking for more software. Looking to groove outside a computer with my motif and just use drums not really sample causr it takes to much memory and takes to long to load and save. Maschine is good for my e digging and working with software but I want the hardware workflow.

I don't own one but for drum editing ( that's what you want to do right? ) I think the 4000. It has more sample ram (512megs) & has full Adsr sampler functions.
All mpc's are good for drum programing. But the 4000 has the most sampling time of all.
But then again if you trim your samples you will be surprised how far 128megs will go.

I see so what can the 4000 do that the 5000 cant. Ive seen the 4000 and it does look like a more well built maschine and ive been on the 5000 but didnt work to much on it. I might do a
Bit of sampling but not too much cause dnt wanna use too much memory

the difference from mpc to mpc in most cases in minimal unless you are talking about a 60 3000 4000 or 5000 in which case you should look into those specific mpcs and see what u need and does it offer it. there is no best mpc to be honest ive used all of them besides the 60 and i dont see many differences between them except that i had a hard time using the 4000 it was confusing for me

I had the 25000for like 2 years but never did the whole midi sync with a roland or motif so I never used it to full depth plus at the time I was against sampling.BUt now with maschine I havr.done e digging and gotten some good stuff but still enjoy making music on my motif if im doing original stuff and not sampled beats and need drums to spark some inspiration.For me its either the 4000,5000 or wait for the linndrum 2 or new mpc,mmmmmm idk

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

I heard if u import samples that are higher than 24bit that they will be converted to 16 bit in the 5000,is this true and be a problem?

So it seems the 5000 is kinda a step down in specs besides the hard drive recording and a few more things.mmmmmmmmm man I think im just gonna wait for the linndrum 2 or the next mpc.hopefully this year it will drop

For drum programming all the MPC are about the same.
What sets the MPC5000 apart from them all is more Timing correct options.
That and more features then any MPC to date.

If you got the cash to get the MPC5000 DO IT!

the 1000 is doing a great job...for half the price of a 5000...maybe a bit expensive...but that's part of akai scandalous politic...like selling 128 megas of ram (the year is 2011) at 100$!!

I had the 25000for like 2 years but never did the whole midi sync with a roland or motif so I never used it to full depth plus at the time I was against sampling.BUt now with maschine I havr.done e digging and gotten some good stuff but still enjoy making music on my motif if im doing original stuff and not sampled beats and need drums to spark some inspiration.For me its either the 4000,5000 or wait for the linndrum 2 or new mpc,mmmmmm idk

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

I heard if u import samples that are higher than 24bit that they will be converted to 16 bit in the 5000,is this true and be a problem?
why dont you just sync your motif up to your Maschine?
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nhyBJGPtqnQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
so who would this work on just a motif and maschine wouldnt i need a mixer or something to hear both maschine and the motif? Also who would i be able to record the audio in standalone mode while using the piano roll? Will maschine give me the swing sequencing and apply it to the motifs sounds? im not sure about this but anyways this is a choice but im talking about a real dedicated instrument that does not crash like i have be having with maschine a few times and also some slowness to my cpu. And when im working on hardware it just feels some much different like im really working on more than a midi controller,im just needing those drums tho. Ill be wating on the half digital half analog linndrum 2 and sure this will be a game changer.

Would anyone know if a mpc 2000xl that is selling for 200 bucks would be worth the but,instead of spending a whole bunch of money on either a 4000 or 5000 would this be a better deal. I know the 2000 has much less ram but all i will be doing is using it for drums and layering sounds and just sequencing.Is it worth the trouble of long loads or what?

Back