where my Acid Pro users we need a thread

Updates are behind the times, few and far between. The graphical user interface looks like it hasn't changed since 2001. Sony has there eyes on other things than new development for DAW's. The company's just to damn big. Acidized .wav files were the shiznit back in the day but they've lost ground. I can understand that many people still use it as a staple though. It was groundbreaking in it's day.

Last edited:
Updates are behind the times, few and far between. The graphical user interface looks like it hasn't changed since 2001. Sony has there eyes on other things than new development for DAW's. The company's just to damn big. Acidized .wav files were the shiznit back in the day but they've lost ground. I can understand that many people still use it as a staple though. It was groundbreaking in it's day.
Im not even sure why Sony bought Sonic Foundry unless they just wanted Vegas they have really dropped the ball on Acid and Soundforge. They have updated Soundforge no more than 3 times and updated Acid twice in 5 years! Thats too long. Acid has not changed much since version 1.

Only reason I'm bringing Reaper up in a Acid thread is it was based on Acid so the layout is very familiar. Any Acid user who hasn't tried Reaper out yet is missing out.

Exactly. It started out originally like it. Try and download a old version of reaper. Between the beginning and 2.0. You'll see it more.

Ya niggas are whylin'. REAPER ca-cas all over ACID Pro 6 & 7 combined!

THATS TRUE

REAPER IS A BEAST

but it was originally bassed on acid and the 2 are simalar

acid pro 7 is the most under raited daw out there

a lot of people use acid just for mixin after makin a beat

BUT ACID PRO 7 IS BETTER FOR MAKING MUKING MUSIC ON THEN MOST DAWS

acid pro 7 in my opinion is better then fl studio 9 BY FAR

an id probly say its better then cubase 5 to be honest

but cakwalk sonar and even more so COCKOS REAPER do just totally cak all over acid pro

but still big up to all the acid users

at least you have more sense then fl studio ussers

I use Acid Pro for making beats... recorded vocals in it once it was okay not bad.. but I also had Cubase and liked mixing full songs in there...

I actually for a long time would put my songs together on Acid... Would record the lyrics through Sound Forge then put the lyrics on acid and make sure its on beat and we got a track...lol Damn those were some good times....40s and some blunts and its on....

I like the way you can chop up samples in Acid Pro.. that what I use it for mostly and loop them up make sequences out of chops and then drop a whole beat in it.. I use FL Studio as vsti inside of Acid Pro because I like the FL Studio handles VSts...
I brought tons of sample libraries from www.bigfishaudio.com too and chop em like I got them from vinyl.. mad effects ...reversing..pitch up....lol

I prefer the cheap version of Acid Music Studio 7 over cubase and FL anyday though I do miss my Pro5.0 days. don't ask about the downgrade, just appreciate the sounds that get played. I'm curious. can anyone speak on Acidpro7 midi things and Protools Mpowered midi things. do they do it? also ACIDPRO7.0 VS ProtoolsMPowered. whattupwitdat?

I love Acid till the end. what about mastering ceilings, and compressor issues, has anyone noticed that though? maybe it's just cus I have the musicstudio 7 version and not the pro version now though.

don't come in here talking ANY DAW yap cept maybe to offer capability insights with Protools. Tried the others. Professionally and artistically, nothing compares to ACid

Acid was my first DAW used it off and on (mostly on) for years from version 1 until version 6 and I can honestly say while Acid was a great Daw in 2000 its not so much anymore from an artistic pov imo. The midi has never been right imo and unless you are working with loops its a pain to use at times. I left Acid for Sonar in 2005/2006. Then left Sonar for Record in 2010

yeah I would use FL Studio as a vsti as I wanted to add some vst instruments because I could never figure out the MIDI in Acid or maybe it just sucks... lol

I am new to this site so it won't let me post links yet.

However, from youtube type in "Sony Acid Pro tutorial part". There are a bunch of really good videos. Also, VCT.com has a really good course on Acid and production audio in general. It will cost you $30 per month but the training is great! Done to help you understand what you are doing and not just a bunch of press this and that. Hate those videos. Also, Acid 7+ has tutorials built in for basic functions but VCT is for a user to not only learn but really understand what they are doing. I had a bunch more in my reply but it took me 20 minutes the last time, but the site squashed that because no links in my replies yet.

Good luck and tickle my ears with something beautiful that makes us all go wow!

I use FL Studio to make samples, loops etc., but then put it all in ACID to bring it all together.

I do everything in Acid. I wish it had a nicer looking interface but I guess that doesnt matter when music is heard and not seen.

Back