Where can I get a proper Music Production Desk?

D

D-Funkdafied

I have been using this general stand for years now and its starting to get a bit worn.
Where can I get a good proper workstation desk for music production where I can place my midi keyboard.
I also use a laptop at the moment sot that will have to take into account unless I get an external typing keyboard.
MUCH HELP APPRECIATED!

Sweetwater and Guitar center have them. But I think its easier to just make one if u have the tools.

Thanks again!
But where do I get the proper wood and equipment to make this...

BUT, how do I know how much of this and that I need? How many pieces of wood, how many nails?

get a plan that matches your needs

Welcome to plans.theFrankes.com or https://www.facebook.com/RackCreations

and use it as a guide to how many sheets of plywood/mdf (use mdf only if you plan on sealing the surfaces completely. wetting an unsealed surface will release toxic gases as well as weaken the structure.

Unless you plan on dismantling it later for transport, you will glue and screw the desk together. If you plan on dismantling it then you will screw only. This sort of project, nails are not useful, as they do not draw the two surfaces together in the same way that screws do.

You will need to use a screw every 6 inches or less, so plan on having upwards of 200 in the project.

Minimum tools you will need are

• circular saw for making the large cuts
  • router for
    • making channels (dados/rabbets) that form the join surfaces
    • rounding edges once finished
  • power drill/screw driver (to make short work of inserting over 200 screws)
  • liquid nails or similar glue (woodworkers yellow glue aka titebond or similar)
  • laquer/varnish/paint for finishing and sealing
  • paint brushes for applying finish and glue

Back