When will someone diss Miley Cyrus?

Only one billion dollars? That's nothing split amongst thousands of companies.

I'd rather target teenage girls as a marketing demographic. Heck, people spend more than a billion dollars annually for small kids goods and services. Have you seen the price of toys these days?

I'm not an Marketing expert so I cut and paste the following:

There are 43 million African-Americans in the United States, 13.7 percent of the total population, the second largest racial minority in the country. The median age is 32 and 47 percent are under 35 years of age.Even with these impressive numbers and buying power, most mainstream advertisers are not inclusive, do not include African-Americans in media and marketing plans and have underestimated the market size.
The Nielsen Company study entitled “African-American Consumers: Still Vital, Still Growing,” which was commissioned by the National Newspaper Publishers Association, shows the underrepresented potential and spending power of the African-American community.
The report’s findings, which will be presented at the June conference of the National Association of Black Accountants Conference in Nashville, Tennessee, indicates that the African-American population is an economic force to be reckoned with, with a projected buying power of $1.1 trillion by 2015.
Also worth noting, the population of African-American consumers growth outpaces the rest of the population by 30 percent. Additionally, the demographic is younger, more educated and has higher incomes than commonly believed.
According to the study: between 2000 and 2009, the number of African-Americans attending some college or earning degrees has grown: 45 percent of men; 54 percent of women. Households earning $75,000 or more grew by more than 60 percent, faster than the rest of the population. African-American’s average income nationwide is $47,290.
So what does this all mean in business terms? It means African-Americans wield tremendous buying power. The Nielsen study showed numerous shopping trends, mostly for household, health and beauty, travel, smart phones and child-related items.
“The Nielsen report is very encouraging because it shows the African-American population is a tremendous financial asset to this country’s economic recovery,” says Calvin Harris, Jr. , President & CEO of the National Association of Black Accountants.

I'm not an Marketing expert so I cut and paste the following:

There are 43 million African-Americans in the United States, 13.7 percent of the total population, the second largest racial minority in the country. The median age is 32 and 47 percent are under 35 years of age.Even with these impressive numbers and buying power, most mainstream advertisers are not inclusive, do not include African-Americans in media and marketing plans and have underestimated the market size.
The Nielsen Company study entitled “African-American Consumers: Still Vital, Still Growing,” which was commissioned by the National Newspaper Publishers Association, shows the underrepresented potential and spending power of the African-American community.
The report’s findings, which will be presented at the June conference of the National Association of Black Accountants Conference in Nashville, Tennessee, indicates that the African-American population is an economic force to be reckoned with, with a projected buying power of $1.1 trillion by 2015.
Also worth noting, the population of African-American consumers growth outpaces the rest of the population by 30 percent. Additionally, the demographic is younger, more educated and has higher incomes than commonly believed.
According to the study: between 2000 and 2009, the number of African-Americans attending some college or earning degrees has grown: 45 percent of men; 54 percent of women. Households earning $75,000 or more grew by more than 60 percent, faster than the rest of the population. African-American’s average income nationwide is $47,290.
So what does this all mean in business terms? It means African-Americans wield tremendous buying power. The Nielsen study showed numerous shopping trends, mostly for household, health and beauty, travel, smart phones and child-related items.
“The Nielsen report is very encouraging because it shows the African-American population is a tremendous financial asset to this country’s economic recovery,” says Calvin Harris, Jr. , President & CEO of the National Association of Black Accountants.

​Sounds good. Thanks.

How does it defeat the point? The suburban kids are actually the ones responsible for turning rap into a billion dollar business.

Its not about black vs white or suburban vs ghetto. Its people like Miley Cyrus bringing their teenage girl fans into hip hop. These teenage girls support this crap & the genre starts to turn into girly & sweet. The rappers who dont turn their music into some girly sweet music get pushed out & the genre turns into a bunch of crap... as if Hip Hop isnt sh!t enough already. The Hip Hop refugees dont really have anywhere to go.

Its not about black vs white or suburban vs ghetto. Its people like Miley Cyrus bringing their teenage girl fans into hip hop. These teenage girls support this crap & the genre starts to turn into girly & sweet. The rappers who dont turn their music into some girly sweet music get pushed out & the genre turns into a bunch of crap... as if Hip Hop isnt sh!t enough already. The Hip Hop refugees dont really have anywhere to go.

You make it sound like Miley Cyrus is Caesar about to conquer a new kingdom.

Last edited:
with Justin Bieber,Lady Gaga & all the popstars who will get excited next

A bit off-topic, but I really can't understand all this racial comments going on here. People say that rap or hip-hop made by afro-descendents are better than those made by caucasian artists, so my question is: does the color (or race) of the artist is really of importance when it comes to creativity and/or talent?

The second thing, now more on-topic is: If Miley wants to shift her career to hip-hop, some of you said it would change the sound to a "girly sweet music", and the "real hip-hop" artists would be put aside and/or turn into crap. My question is: why would this happen? This means that the "old-school" hip-hop fans would stop buying some "classic" albums from their favorite artists, because he/she changed the lyric content of their music?

A bit off-topic, but I really can't understand all this racial comments going on here. People say that rap or hip-hop made by afro-descendents are better than those made by caucasian artists, so my question is: does the color (or race) of the artist is really of importance when it comes to creativity and/or talent?
The hip hop was mostly made by black people in the years it was good. Now the underground scene is sh!t and there are more white rappers, so i think people blame Hip Hop falling off on white rappers, when black rappers now are just as boring. Wigger rappers also make all white rappers look bad.
The second thing, now more on-topic is: If Miley wants to shift her career to hip-hop, some of you said it would change the sound to a "girly sweet music", and the "real hip-hop" artists would be put aside and/or turn into crap. My question is: why would this happen? This means that the "old-school" hip-hop fans would stop buying some "classic" albums from their favorite artists, because he/she changed the lyric content of their music?
Its not just the "real-hip-hop" artists that will get put aside, even guys like Drake might. Rappers will collaborate with these people until their fully in & once theyre in, labels wont have a reason to try to sell an actual rapper. Now all these rappers who let them in will be put aside. Why take a risk with a rapper who might just dissappear than just sell a safe popstar that raps instead. And you will only make real money if your music is sweet & girly.

you don't need no label it's 2013...
go hard on the indie level and get your money
but if you want to be "famous" you can go for that label mess

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
i wanna clarify why i made the first post.
i don't dislike miley cyrus, she'd probably be fun to hang out with and i'd bang the **** out of her at half the chance.

basically i feel she needs to be dissed to defend hip-hop (if there's anything left to defend, and maybe it's too late for that.)

i don't dislike miley cyrus, she'd probably be fun to hang out with and i'd bang the **** out of her at half the chance.

basically i feel she needs to be dissed to defend hip-hop (if there's anything left to defend, and maybe it's too late for that.)

I say she shouldn't be dissed for the exact same reason. Ain't the first time someone from the acting field has gone into rap. Anyone remember Tupac? But naw if she say something stupid to someone diss her. If not don't. Just treat her like any other artist out there

Hip hop was never created to exclude people. It was intially created as an outlet for the gangs in the South Bronx to do something creative and constructive. It grew beyond everyone's wildest dreams. Some even say there's a difference between hip hop and rap. Miley seems to be more of a rap fan but even if she was a Wu- Tang groupie, I don't see the problem. Black artists wan't all the white fan support they can get. It's benefits them financially. Eminem on the other hand would attack her because he has such a large loyal fanbase, he's not concerned with with gaining or losing a few fans. Plus he's white which changes the dynamics from if it were a Black rapper attacking her. Miley as a hip hop artist is no different than that rapper Kreayshawn. Remember her? If she has talent, she'll be embraced. If not, she'll be forgotten in a heartbeat. It's all about talent at the end of the day. There was once a corny Canadian TV actor who decided to make a mixtape and to everyone's suprise the boy had skills. Look at Drake now. It's all about the skills at the end of the day.

Last edited:
like you said Hip Hop was meant for gangsters to stop fighting & start rapping, not for people like Miley to come in and mock black people, Kreayshawn example was bad because shes awful, but came from Hip Hop,not Disney. Drake example was bad too, he thinks hes so clever.

Miley came from disney & i dont know what happened, i guess she saw a black person live, thought he/she was the coolest thing shes ever seen & started trying to be a stereotypical black person to be "down".

I dont see how anyone can defend these popstars(not just Miley) coming in & mocking the genre & the people who created it, unless theyre making money from them. Its sad to see a genre that was once so good, turn shit for many years & then turn into a genre for teenage girls only.

like you said Hip Hop was meant for gangsters to stop fighting & start rapping, not for people like Miley to come in and mock black people, Kreayshawn example was bad because shes awful, but came from Hip Hop,not Disney. Drake example was bad too, he thinks hes so clever.

Miley came from disney & i dont know what happened, i guess she saw a black person live, thought he/she was the coolest thing shes ever seen & started trying to be a stereotypical black person to be "down".

I dont see how anyone can defend these popstars(not just Miley) coming in & mocking the genre & the people who created it, unless theyre making money from them. Its sad to see a genre that was once so good, turn shit for many years & then turn into a genre for teenage girls only.

because music isn't something that can be claimed as only for a certain people. How this sound "Classical music is for people with class and sophistication. People like Miri Ben Ari only come to mock classical music because they're not from that. They're from the hood. Can't have no class and sophistication." Sounds messed up right? Ya'll forgot Mos Def on Cosby Mysteries? Childish Gambino as a stand up comedian and on 30 Rock? Ice Cube not coming from the Hood?

Face it's music and sometimes those people who are "from hip hop" can be showed up by someone who's not from it. Btw how is Miley not Hip Hop but Kreayshawn is? Both listen to a lot of hip hop, both are white, both are girls, both make very similar hip hop music. Only difference I see is economic. Is Hip Hop only for the poor?

but anyway I just think you and the op are just showing typical elitist attitudes to those who don't meet your criteria for hip hop

Rakim once said" It aint where you're from it's where you're at" Alchemist is from the rich hils of LA. He was once in a group with the son of actor james Caan. It doesnt matter where you're from. Instead of complaining about the music you don't like, why dont you focus on supporting the artists you do like. I used to talk that "hip Hop is dead" crap too until I realized that change happens as we get older. I also realized the advantages of the internet. The artists I do like have a platform to release their music directly without a record label. The artists you like are still making music. Go support them instead. Why concentrate on music you dont like. That's like going shopping and focusing on the products you dont like. What's the purpose?

Last edited:
Back