When will someone diss Miley Cyrus?

Its called Battling and battling is Hip Hop. Its like sports with a mic. Ofcourse they dont wana get into trouble, theyre just playing sports.

But that still doesn't answer his question, which is "Why are urban artists so aggressive towards one another but docile towards other artists and business executives?" I understand the culture and bravado associated with battling, but a lot of things go beyond battling and these same cats rapping about how they will shoot a nigga in the face if he tries to rob them will cower in the face of the person who just raped them for all their publishing.

Last edited:
But that still doesn't answer his question, why is "Why are urban artists so aggressive towards one another but docile towards other artists and business executives?" I understand the culture and bravado associated with battling, but a lot of things go beyond battling and these same cats rapping about how they will shoot a nigga in the face if he tries to rob them will cower in the face of the person who just raped them for all their publishing.
Theyre rappers they make music, do you think Jay-Z & Nas were really gonna shoot each other? And when things go beyond battling, Have you watched a hockey game, when 2 players start fighting, hell some teams got enforcers that are there just to tackle/fight other players. Rappers dont attack other artists is the same reason a professional boxer doesnt go & punch some random guy in the street in his face. And rappers are not gonna bite the hand that feeds them(executives)

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Maybe I am missing something, but what rap song did she release?

All I heard was the one song "We Can't Stop" with the Mike Will beat. I had no idea she was spitting hot 16s and ending rappers' careers!

I doubt anybody would have eaten her alive in the 90s or early 00s. Executives would have pushed rap artists to collaborate with her or put those artists careers on hold. Rappers run nothing but their mouthes.

All she did was talk rebellious, be silly, and twerk. I do not see the threat to rap or Hip Hop. I just wish rap fans were smarter. Many are critical of everything but stand for nothing.

Didnt she just make a rap song with Bieber?(i might be wrong i never clicked play in the thread)

Theyre rappers they make music, do you think Jay-Z & Nas were really gonna shoot each other?

I have no idea what they were going to do. I'm not in their head and don't know what type of emotions and feelings they experience when they are being ridiculed.

And when things go beyond battling, Have you watched a hockey game, when 2 players start fighting, hell some teams got enforcers that are there just to tackle/fight other players.

I don't watch hockey. Boxing is my favorite sport.

ETA: But I do like their fights.
Rappers dont attack other artists is the same reason a professional boxer doesnt go & punch some random guy in the street in his face. And rappers are not gonna bite the hand that feeds them(executives)

A boxer will defend himself if a random guy punches him in the face or he feels threatened. And bite the hand that feeds them? That's kinda the point desires was making, they aren't feeding them. A lot of these rappers are upset with the wrong people and that's the point he was making. They take their aggression out on the wrong people.

Last edited:
A boxer will defend himself if a random guy punches him in the face or he feels threatened. And bite the hand that feeds them? That's kinda the point desires was making, they aren't feeding them. A lot of these rappers are upset with the wrong people and that's the point he was making. They take their aggression out on the wrong people.

Yes.

These beefs do nothing for artists' careers in the long run. Artists get a buzz for a minute, but then struggle to top the charts with singles or sell albums. Why focus on a beef when a beef will not sell records, generate royalty revenue, sell merchandise, increase ticket sales, or land endorsement deals?

I see Taylor Swift, Pink, Rihanna, Katy Perry, and other pop stars displayed all over the makeup isles in Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, and other retail stores. I do not see any rappers or most urban artists endorsing anything. Why is it that Dale Earnhardt Jr. can sell Diet Mountain Dew, The Kardashians sell makeup, Selena Gomez sell clothes at Kmart, John Cena star on Fruity Pebbles commercials? These guys have have branded themselves outside of their primary income source.

When are urban artists going to wake up and grab the real money?

All I heard was the one song "We Can't Stop" with the Mike Will beat. I had no idea she was spitting hot 16s and ending rappers' careers!

I doubt anybody would have eaten her alive in the 90s or early 00s. Executives would have pushed rap artists to collaborate with her or put those artists careers on hold. Rappers run nothing but their mouthes.

All she did was talk rebellious, be silly, and twerk. I do not see the threat to rap or Hip Hop. I just wish rap fans were smarter. Many are critical of everything but stand for nothing.

I feel exactly the same way.

I don't see the reason for outrage.

Remember, she is only in her twenties. She is just going through a transition. She was a teenage pop star who worked for Disney. She didn't have the opportunity to be wild or crazy.

She isn't doing anything worse than what I saw girls in college do. Girls who smoked Kush, drank dudes under the table, pop pills, snort coke, hook up with multiple dudes and other chicks are now wives, mothers, and working professionals.

Let her live.

I don't see the reason for outrage.

Remember, she is only in her twenties. She is just going through a transition. She was a teenage pop star who worked for Disney. She didn't have the opportunity to be wild or crazy.

She isn't doing anything worse than what I saw girls in college do. Girls who smoked Kush, drank dudes under the table, pop pills, snort coke, hook up with multiple dudes and other chicks are now wives, mothers, and working professionals.
and thats why rappers rap about ******* and hoes lol. And why do people still think smoking kush makes them "bad".

I cant explain why about the business executive thing, but other artists dont make diss tracks. Theres no point in trying to battle them. If a rapper has a problem with some other artist, they go on interviews or now twitter.

Cant talk about the business executives & their 3000-man teams of lawyers. And alot of rappers HAVE dissed these people(NWA anyone?). Some might still be in some ****ed up contract. And besides, no ones dissing no one anymore, its all just a big getalong gang now.
These beefs do nothing for artists' careers in the long run. Artists get a buzz for a minute, but then struggle to top the charts with singles or sell albums. Why focus on a beef when a beef will not sell records, generate royalty revenue, sell merchandise, increase ticket sales, or land endorsement deals?

50 cent got & stayed famous with beef, you just have to know how to use the buzz. Beef doesnt sell now because its on twitter. And if were lucky we get one weak subliminal line in a song about swag. Big rappers dont actually do diss tracks no more, Kedrick "dissed" so many people, only Meek replied.
I see Taylor Swift, Pink, Rihanna, Katy Perry, and other pop stars displayed all over the makeup isles in Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, and other retail stores. I do not see any rappers or most urban artists endorsing anything. Why is it that Dale Earnhardt Jr. can sell Diet Mountain Dew, The Kardashians sell makeup, Selena Gomez sell clothes at Kmart, John Cena star on Fruity Pebbles commercials? These guys have have branded themselves outside of their primary income source.

Jay-Z owns(or used to) Rihanna, has Rocawear. 50 Cent has/had G-Unit clothes, G-Unit watches, G-Unit water, Formula 50 & so much other stuff. Wu-Tang with Wu-Wear.

And you dont see many EDM producers in commercials, so rappers are not the only ones.

Rappers come & go. If they aint super big, the companies dont invest in them, because they might just disappear and never heard again.

The celebirties you mentioned are sold to teenage girls. Teenage girls watch stupid reality shows like Kardashians & listen to sweet pop music like Katy Perry & Taylor Swift. Teenage girls will listen to/watch anything the media tells them to. They see Kim Kardashian on TV, wanna look like her, go to the shop, see Kim Kardashian make up & buy it. You can sell whatever crap to them if you spend enough time & money. Rappers are riskier because they come & go.

Wow were off-topic now lol

The celebirties you mentioned are sold to teenage girls. Teenage girls watch stupid reality shows like Kardashians & listen to sweet pop music like Katy Perry & Taylor Swift. Teenage girls will listen to/watch anything the media tells them to. They see Kim Kardashian on TV, wanna look like her, go to the shop, see Kim Kardashian make up & buy it. You can sell whatever crap to them if you spend enough time & money. Rappers are riskier because they come & go.

Wow were off-topic now lol

Teenage girls run the show.

i'm not talking about underground/irrelevant rappers.

she's the perfect target. grew up rich, trying to act like a hood rat, about to release a "hip-hop" album.

will someone step up and do this shit, or are they too worried about trying to get a collab with her for a hit?

Celeb life in LA is just weird like that. Rich white kids are bored and find Black culture more exciting. Rich black celebs want to hang with their white buddies. Miley's just a rich kid from Hollywood going through gowing pains like all other young adults. Rappers seem to understand this better than the racist media who panic when they see young white kids like Miley and Justin Bieber having fun. The world is changing rapidly and it scares alot of bigots.

In the early 90s there was 2pac,Ice Cube, Public Enemy and so many others who wouldve bullied her corporate ass out. Imagine Layryn Hills reaction to some corporate pop idol trying to come in the scene?
In the early 00s there was Eminem & 50 Cent. She wouldve been THE perfect target for eminem & 50 Cent destroyd Ja Rules career, what do you think Miley could say to the old school 50 if he decided to diss her?

Last edited:
In the early 90s there was 2pac,Ice Cube, Public Enemy and so many others who wouldve bullied her corporate ass out. Imagine Layryn Hills reaction to some corporate pop idol trying to come in the scene?
In the early 00s there was Eminem & 50 Cent. She wouldve been THE perfect target for eminem & 50 Cent destroyd Ja Rules career, what do you think Miley could say to the old school 50 if he decided to diss her?

50 wouldnt diss a fan. She'd be one of his biggest fans. I could see her right now twerking to "In Da Club" and reciting the lyrics to "Wanksta" Eminem on the other hand would attack her. 50 wants street cred and millions of dollars. Dissing Miley doesnt help either of those. That's why artists like Juicy J embrace her. She can broaden your fan base.

50 wouldnt diss a fan. She'd be one of his biggest fans. I could see her right now twerking to "In Da Club" and reciting the lyrics to "Wanksta" Eminem on the other hand would attack her. 50 wants street cred and millions of dollars. Dissing Miley doesnt help either of those. That's why artists like Juicy J embrace her. She can broaden your fan base.

True about 50 wanting millions, so that might not have happened. The Hip Hop fans would be thankful though.

Celeb life in LA is just weird like that. Rich white kids are bored and find Black culture more exciting. Rich black celebs want to hang with their white buddies. Miley's just a rich kid from Hollywood going through gowing pains like all other young adults. Rappers seem to understand this better than the racist media who panic when they see young white kids like Miley and Justin Bieber having fun. The world is changing rapidly and it scares alot of bigots.

The media isnt the only ones "panicing". So many Hip Hop fans dont want people Miley or Bieber in the scene, defeats the point of the scene.

Teenage girls run the show.

Thats why everything is so watered down now.

True about 50 wanting millions, so that might not have happened. The Hip Hop fans would be thankful though.

[/FONT]

The media isnt the only ones "panicing". So many Hip Hop fans dont want people Miley or Bieber in the scene, defeats the point of the scene.

How does it defeat the point? The suburban kids are actually the ones responsible for turning rap into a billion dollar business.

Niggas need to start supporting artists. Every hip hop concert I go to is like 80% white people, 19% "other" and 1% black people. Even at festivals like Rock The Bells. Hardly any black people. Niggas don't put no money in, they don't get a say in the direction of the music. THAT'S why it's watered down.

Last edited:
Niggas need to start supporting artists. Every hip hop concert I go to is like 80% white people, 19% "other" and 1% black people. Even at festivals like Rock The Bells. Hardly any black people. Niggas don't put no money in, they don't get a say in the direction of the music. THAT'S why it's watered down.

Yup. Blacks be too busy running they mouth instead of paying for a good time.

Yup. Blacks be too busy running they mouth instead of paying for a good time.

Marketing to the Black consumer is a billion dollar industry. It's just knowing what products to market to us. We're not frugal nor do we as a whole save a significant portion of our earnings.

Last edited:
Marketing to the Black consumer is a billion dollar industry. It's just knowing what products to market to us. We're not frugal nor do we as a whole save a significant portion of our earnings.

Only one billion dollars? That's nothing split amongst thousands of companies.

I'd rather target teenage girls as a marketing demographic. Heck, people spend more than a billion dollars annually for small kids goods and services. Have you seen the price of toys these days?

Back