What's your Sales Pitch for your Music?

Let me first preference this by saying.... I've never had the patience to negotiate a price or haggle over selling a beat...

BUT!

If I did I would go Benji's route. I wouldn't pay anyone though. I'd just find quality artists and let them add to MY discography and let the completed songs do the work.

I have not made a beat in almost a year. I get messages that my "remixes" have been reposted all the time. I'm in a personal crisis so I don't have time for "beats" but I will revisit them once things settle. The approach for me would be "make a quality song" we both promote ourselves until you have enough PROMOTABLE shyt. Then "aspiring artist" will hear the quality of your work instead of a single "beat" and you'll be selling that ish yourself in a "Dr. Dre-esque" type of fashion.

Take the rappers spot. F your mixtape, I have MY mixtape.

Will that ish work? I have no proof but producers have been devalueing themselves forever. DJ's are more popular than producers and they play the producers records.... Go figure.

Producer Empowerment is something I've been screaming forever... but you have dudes that just want the new Jordans that devalue your product.

My brother-in-law was getting $900 a night to DJ a club and quit because his name was big enough to command more... all by word of mouth... and FB.

Biggrome, that's what I'm doing right now. I've got a few artists I'm working with. I've got enough material for a mixtape but want like twice as much material as I need and weed it down to the best stuff. They can use it on their mixtape for all I care as well.

The whole beat peddling scene isn't for me. I want a got damn discography, that shit makes you immortal. Screw $10 leases or however cheap they do them these days.

Back