What's your gearlist and style?

Phatbastard, whoo u really have some phat equipmentlist. You really need all those every day..?

Well,of course,actually i really hate re-patching things around,so i have everything going to the inserts on the mackies and the patchbays.I like the mpc for sequencing on,and the triton for bass and keys,the asr-x for its dirty *** filters.I like turning knobs and pulling sliders as opposed to clicking mouses.Also i am an uncurable ebay addict.I'm pretty happy with my set-up right now,i just can't wait to see it when i'm 30(i'm 25 right now,i just have a really well paying job)I'll post some pictures as soon as i figure out how to use the photo capture on my video camera.Me and my homie are starting a recording studio/record label here in canada.Out at his place we have a roland 2480,two adats,an avalon preamp,and a g4 running pro tools,and a really sick vocal booth.Be on the look out for releases by eclipse records/search studios.My wish list is still being worked on,but i need a really good 24 track mixer,with lots of inserts,sends,and hopefully digital outs,and a few sub-mixes.Any ideas?

sorry mano,i keep accidentally putting the "a" word in my posts,you know bum bum.I'll try to keep the language under control.

I use lots of gear …:)

ha ha

hey THM why do you want to dump your A3000? I use the 5000/4000 and I wouldn't trade them for the world, I might add an Akai Z later but I'm keeping the Yamahas...

Tripudio said:
:( Here goes.....this could be long.

68 Les Paul Goldtop Deluxe

.... ( lots of other stuff that you have to plug into the wall)

Nice, heavy piece of wood that.:)

I have a 74 Flying V. Tried to sell it 3 times (poverty induced), no one wanted it at those times so now I figure we're meant to be together.

computer softies

JunoX2
chronoX
Fm7
Tau
Wavlab
too many FX
Quadrasid
TBL

Hardware shiznit

not here yet but:

Tr 707 and Alpha Juno1

above I won Won on Ebay

Fr - 777 crazy acid machine

Access Virus rack mount

Above is what I am saving for:cheers:

Originally by Musickman:

hey THM why do you want to dump your A3000? I use the 5000/4000 and I wouldn't trade them for the world, I might add an Akai Z later but I'm keeping the Yamahas...
Well in fact I have no problems at all with my A3000, but I have the chance to exchange it for an AKAI S3000 XL with an extern CD-rom player, software, and Spectrasonics' "Symphony of Voices" CD-package (which costs on it's own $499 !!). So that's a very interesting deal, isn't it ? And the AKAI is in perfect condition (tried it out).

Peace !! :cheers:

Valley said:

Nice, heavy piece of wood that.:)

I have a 74 Flying V. Tried to sell it 3 times (poverty induced), no one wanted it at those times so now I figure we're meant to be together.

:) yeah cool....early Flying V's rock, iv'e thought of sellin'
the Goldtop off a few times......also poverty induced.
But I bought it in '82 off a dude that was goin' to Bali and
needed the money for $600 Aus.
I'd never be able to buy one again if I sold it.
Have had some offers of around $3000 from dealers
in Sydney.....but I just can't bring myself to do it.
I'd rather starve.

Cheers,:cheers:

heres mine, have soem pics in a post further down the list:
2x technics sl1210
vestax pmc 06t
technics headphones
SCI six trak
roland tb303
SCI prophet 600
yamaha dx7 mk1
peavey 652s studio monitors
boss se-50 effects unit
behringer mx2842a mixer
SCI drumtraks
Waldorf 4 pole analog filter

Rack unit:
alesis meq230
tubetech compressor
behringer parametric EQ
alesis 3630 compressor
roland dep5
behringer virtualizer pro
MAM rs3 analog filter
FAT FB383 (analog tb303 clone)
emu esi 32
fostex 2016 , 16 channel sub mixer (used for drum machine outs)

sennheiser hd25 headphones
roland tr606
roland tr909
roland tr808 with midi
roland juno 60 with midi
roland JX3P with pg200 controller
roland sh101
TEAC studio tape recorder
Alesis hr 16B
Alesis hr 16
boss distortion pedal
unknown vintage phaser pedal
Yamaha RM1X
Behringer moduliser pro
dual deck cd recorder
scsi hard drive and cd rom for emu sampler
samson servo 260 amp
roland mc500 mk11 sequencer
also that you cant really see:
box of custom wound chrome audio tapes for recording tracks
sharp minidisc recorder
roland rs-09 analog organ/ strings synthesiser.
i also have a korg se500 stage echo thats at my parents due to lack of space and a micro moog.

i make electronica/dub i guess

THM said:
Well in fact I have no problems at all with my A3000, but I have the chance to exchange it for an AKAI S3000 XL with an extern CD-rom player, software, and Spectrasonics' "Symphony of Voices" CD-package (which costs on it's own $499 !!). So that's a very interesting deal, isn't it ? And the AKAI is in perfect condition (tried it out).

well I have the symphony of voices cd's too, I don't know, the s3000 is only 32 megs isn't it , just load one choir patch and you are out of memory whereas the a3000 has 4 times more ram...
and the sound, the a3000 sounds so nice, better than the akai...
just my opinion, whaddaya think ?

Musickman, is it possible to use the S.O.V. samples with the A3000 ? Don't you have to import them all manually ? Or how do YOU use them ? Thanx in advance.

neilwight, that's one impressive studio you got there. So much hardware... knobs and buttons.. flashy lights.. drewl... :D

CZ

Last edited by a moderator:
THM said:
Musickman, is it possible to use the S.O.V. samples with the A3000 ? Don't you have to import them all manually ? Or how do YOU use them ? Thanx in advance.

yep, I've sent a looong reply to your PM ;)

Yes I'm very happy with it, I received it a few days ago, yamaha has stopped the production of it and I had a good discount for it. I bought it 380 euros ! :D

The edit pages are not very clear, it'll take some time to know it perfectly, but this things is so powerful, I LOVE it ! :)

it's the most powerful FM synth Yamaha has ever produced...
the interface is a total joke though, if you have a mac download the FS editor, and editing will be a lot easier, there are some cool patches too if you use windows there is an FS1R environment for logic....

donate plasma
donate sperm/eggs

ah hahahahahahahaha

i get my money via a day job, watch gear prices daily (i paid $849 for the eurodesk brand new), shop the used gear shops weekly, and try to use whatever spare cash i do have on it.....

it's all about being smart....

Back