What makes you so different than everybody?

I totally disagree with Deranged on this....I'm that dude he's talking about on so many levels, and I make my living from being that dude.

What separates me are my technical abilities and business acumen.

My Technical abilities with regards to electronics, programming and information technology give me a different approach to my creativity. I'm able to incorporate a lot more logic oriented ideas into my creative process while retaining a high level of emotion and feel.

I'm from Manchester, England. I'm an outsider with a good education, an improving education, who has a lust for life. Looking for women, any age who can rival Bjork.

:o

I totally disagree with Deranged on this....I'm that dude he's talking about on so many levels, and I make my living from being that dude.

What separates me are my technical abilities and business acumen.

My Technical abilities with regards to electronics, programming and information technology give me a different approach to my creativity. I'm able to incorporate a lot more logic oriented ideas into my creative process while retaining a high level of emotion and feel.

Aye, i'm only speaking from my experience, bruh, but you disagreed so respectfully that I have to admit I could be wrong, lol. Same time, from your response, I get the idea you aren't as much the guy I'm talking about, but don't give yourself enough credit.

Especially since if all you were doing was sending beats to Drakes email that's been dead since 2007 and limiting yourself on every level you could while calling it prgression, you would not be living off music. Maybe one thing I said hit close to home, but I'm sure you're not anything I'm describing if you really read my post and somehow making a living off music. :cheers:

Last edited:
I just write what I like. I think that writing music that you like is the key to coming up with good and/or new concepts. I have played in metal bands, rock bands, emo bands, but have always loved rap/hip hop/ and have had a semi interest in electo style. I try to mix all of the styles and come up with my own. It may be the next big thing, or it may never make a dime. Either way, at least your writing/producing what you love.

I don't think too hard about it and let things go how they go vs others trying to "perfect crafts" and "stick out" and overplay or rely on "professional this and industry that" in attempts to separate themselves... Real answer.

If more people just learned their actual lanes and ran with them, they'd get alot further. Instead they convince themselves there's more to it and they're on some type of journey. Most of us could've been everything we were destined to be 4 or 5 of our BEST beats in.

Instead there's guys up here who don't sample because they feel it's wrong, who could make way hotter beats if they sample. Guys who collect 800 drumkits who need to just run with the same 808 everyone else is using because it's in right now. Guys who only sample from vinyl who miss the flip of a lifetime because it was in a youtube vid. Guys who try to make everything sound like an orchestra work full of transitions who can't play worth a damn, but could still make something like Lil Scrappy's "money in the bank" if they came down off their high horse. People who send beats to Drakes email that's been dead since 2007 weekly who have never tried once to reach out to some up and comer or even an established guy who's not being talked about right this second. Guys who raised their beat prices because Vybe beats did who never sold 1 beat on soundclick and should give them away and feel privaledged that anyone came around asking for one when they've done nothing to establish a brand.

I could go on forever.

I agree here. Why? Because I used to be that guy.

Oh I'm not sampling, that's stealing. Oh, I'm not using synths, I'm only using NATURAL instruments. Oh I'm gonna spend 6 hours tweaking this kick until it's the most technically and sonically superior kick in the history of kicks. Oh I'm not using that 808 kit.

And then getting mad when people were "getting on" with all the shit I mentioned above.

That, and the fact that the track of mine that people liked the most was this joint where I intentionally copied a style that I despised. And people went nuts over it at the time.

Eventually, I stopped trying to be BETTER or DIFFERENT, and just started being ME. I stopped HATING that music above, just long enough to learn from it, and incorporate some of it into my craft.

The hardest pill to swallow was that my music wasn't about ME, it was about THE LISTENER. I can use all the violins and shit I want, but if it's NOT GOOD MUSIC, then the people won't like it.

So I just got off my musical high horse and started doing shit that I like, regardless of whether it went against my formal morals.

I just do whatever it takes to make people love the music.

I have a degree from Berklee College of Music, play multiple instruments pretty well. Can play different styles of music, My network is very very large from not just within the music industry but the entertainment industry as a whole. Great A & R qualities, was a key integral piece to a lot of the music movements that are popular to this day. Understand the importance of different elements of the music industry to make money as an artist and a producer. and even as a musician, i know how to "keep it simple" and understand the dynamics of different genres and the importance of simplicity.

Can act as a touring keyboardist or bassist.

i dont think it makes me different, but i got a lot of skills and things going well for me that has helped me and put me in some good positions to make a decent amount of money while in college and now while im heading out of college i got a career

Honestly, nothing makes me different.

There are so many people working hard to stand out and create a brand. That is too much work for me. I really like to see what the latest trends are and copy them.

I will never be a big name producer, but most people that work hard to stand out will not either. I like music, but I do not have the urge to put in a ton of work. Copying other people's styles and making my own beat feels cool enough.

Last edited:
I'm different because I be myself. Now whether or not this gets me as many placements, I'm fine with it, because I'd rather be a topic of conversation than be a style jacking nobody.
Reputation means more than getting money and being a joke. There's a lot of replica producers that copy styles and still do nothing with their career anyway, so why not just be yourself. There's also a lot of people that "think" they know what they're doing when they probably wouldn't even be able to handle a placement opportunity. You do what you do and I'll do what I do.

I don't care much about beats and only want to make song but cannot rap or sing well so ya know

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

Oh and I don't make trap and stopped making boom bap so I stand out even more

As far as those that think they know me...I'm probably the last person in the world would suspect as being a hip hop producer...I'm from a different planet than all yall haha

I just feel that those with my personality and upbringing/environment are doing completely different things with their lives

but to answer the question is...the music elitist in me says that I have a great ear and have better taste than everyone else haha

just got get a bit better with my beat making skills and I'll be shakin shit up! :p

Don't stop making what you like.
Never that. Just got bored with making boom bap. I don't feel that I have much more growth for boom bap right now. I am not saying I am the greatest amazing or anything like that. Just saying I think I have plateaued there for what I wanted to achieve. Now I want to do other kinds of music. I am playing with Trap, Dubstep, Soul, R&b, Orchestra and film type stuff ect. Just having fun with music again.

Never that. Just got bored with making boom bap. I don't feel that I have much more growth for boom bap right now. I am not saying I am the greatest amazing or anything like that. Just saying I think I have plateaued there for what I wanted to achieve. Now I want to do other kinds of music. I am playing with Trap, Dubstep, Soul, R&b, Orchestra and film type stuff ect. Just having fun with music again.

Why not enhance Boom Bap?

Like mix in some of the elements of the new music you're trying out, with Boom Bap.

You could be the pioneer of BOOM TRAP....

What makes me different?

Well... unlike some other Robin Hoods... I can speak with an English accent (pow!! name that movie lol)

What makes me different is:

1) I never stop learning in my craft. There's literally ALWAYS something new to learn. You never get to the point where you know everything. Ever.

2) I listen to my artists. I don't just make what I think is hot... I make what they think is hot, and polish it so everyone thinks it's hot. The key is, you have to lock into what their vision is, and make urself good enough to deliver that vision (that's where #1 comes into play).

3) I try to push the envelope w/ each song. I always feel that my last song is better than the one before that... b/c i did something "new" that I "never tried before". Whether it was throwing a vocoder on an instrument I normally don't... whether it's focusing on a new frequency on the low-end to accentuate.. etc.

Why not enhance Boom Bap?

Like mix in some of the elements of the new music you're trying out, with Boom Bap.

You could be the pioneer of BOOM TRAP....
The fundamental elements between those 2 genres would never work. Boom Bap and Trap are both genres that really focus around drum programming. Most people say boom bap is about samples and its not.

Back