What makes people take you serious as a producer?

Dude said FL Studio >>>> Motif

First off it's not even a comparison. One is a DAW the other is a Keyboard/recording/sampling machine.

Second out of the box FL STUDIO doesn't have the quality sounds you get with a standard motif.

Third WITHOUT 3rd party VST's, soundfonts or samples, you can't do much with FL Studio. In that case out of the box VS out of the box, Reason kicks all DAWS' butts. The problem with Reason is that there is no support for VST's (even though they now sorts do, it's still a specialized Reason only verson "VST")

Thats why you learn to use the Vst's that come with it, Styrus and many others come with bad ass presets and you can learn to use them if you actually tried...

2. "One is a DAW the other is a Keyboard/recording/sampling" Piano Roll + Edison...

3. "Second out of the box FL STUDIO doesn't have the quality sounds you get with a standard motif" Its not about what you have its what you do with it, how do you think people start off with $5000 Loans and turn that $5000 into a multi million dollar company? They used the Five grand correctly and expanded it into something unbelivable... I swear Motif has you Morons brainedwashed in to thinking A expensive piece of equipment brings you talent.

For all the people saying anything else, its total bull cause in the long run all people care about is the outcome of the Song, I'd like to see you people remake half of the songs Hit-Boy has made in FL studio on A Motif with stock Motif sounds only and make it sound exactly like the OG.

Exactly, No one gave you A bike and you automaticly started doing X-Games type tricks, you started out either on training wheels or with cuts and bruises till you got there by learning and expanding your way up there, not by just buying a bmx bike and thinking you some dope tricks just because its X-games quality and you paid 2 thousand bucks for it...

How many metaphors do i have to go through before you Autistic mofo's get it though your impermeable heads? Most of you are just oblivious and close minded, im done with attempting to battle with yall lmao...

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Also if your under the age of 18 stfu trying to argue with grown ass men this is the only place i see that sit back and watch listen cuz you dont kno SHIT

Says the guy that probably doesn't know anyone on this site in real life...

I just turned 15 In July and most of my words probably have more logic behind them then alot of the dudes that are over 18 and are grown, you think because someone has more years alive then someone automaticly makes them smarter??? You not wise at all, if we 20 years younger then the dudes we arguing with then that means we doing something right? Right? Cause in that case they wouldn't be arguing back... Lol sit your old ass down somewhere...

Thats why you learn to use the Vst's that come with it, Styrus and many others come with bad ass presets and you can learn to use them if you actually tried...

2. "One is a DAW the other is a Keyboard/recording/sampling" Piano Roll + Edison...

3. "Second out of the box FL STUDIO doesn't have the quality sounds you get with a standard motif" Its not about what you have its what you do with it, how do you think people start off with $5000 Loans and turn that $5000 into a multi million dollar company? They used the Five grand correctly and expanded it into something unbelivable... I swear Motif has you Morons brainedwashed in to thinking A expensive piece of equipment brings you talent.

For all the people saying anything else, its total bull cause in the long run all people care about is the outcome of the Song, I'd like to see you people remake half of the songs Hit-Boy has made in FL studio on A Motif with stock Motif sounds only and make it sound exactly like the OG.

Exactly, No one gave you A bike and you automaticly started doing X-Games type tricks, you started out either on training wheels or with cuts and bruises till you got there by learning and expanding your way up there, not by just buying a bmx bike and thinking you some dope tricks just because its X-games quality and you paid 2 thousand bucks for it...

How many metaphors do i have to go through before you Autistic mofo's get it though your impermeable heads? Most of you are just oblivious and close minded, im done with attempting to battle with yall lmao...

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Says the guy that probably doesn't know anyone on this site in real life...

I just turned 15 In July and most of my words probably have more logic behind them then alot of the dudes that are over 18 and are grown, you think because someone has more years alive then someone automaticly makes them smarter??? You not wise at all, if we 20 years younger then the dudes we arguing with then that means we doing something right? Right? Cause in that case they wouldn't be arguing back... Lol sit your old ass down somewhere...

It's all relative, young padawan.

Bolonga is pretty bad ass if you've never had steak.

Don't be fooled over a discussion bruh all im trying to get through your heads is dont judge people off what they got but judge them off what they can do.Just because somebody got a motif dont mean he is more talented than somebody using FL that just means he just has a motif.I could have a room full of keyboards and still could make better music using FL you sounding like a kid right thinking i dont know shit because ill rather just FL over a motif.The crazy thing is i just checked out a couple of 901_Rice_Street beats (he made using his motif) and a few of your beats (you made on FL Studio) and guest what i would be willing to work with you before i would with him and thats why im telling you dont be fooled by something because its more expensive.Just because somebody has a motif doesnt mean he can make better beats or i should take him serious.

These were made using FL studio
Rick Ross-BMF
Jay Z & Kanye West-Niggas In Paris
Kendrick Lamar-Swimming Pools
Nicki Minaj-Moment For Life
Drake-Im On One
Kirko Bangz-Drank In My Cup
T.I-Poppin Bottles
Lil Wayne-She Will
And countless other mainstream songs

So am i suppose to take you guys with your motif more serious than these guys that used FL Studio to produce these beats??? If the industry takes people serious that use FL (and is willing to pay them for their work) why cant you?
dont get me wrong man lol i love fl and will continue to use it that whole post was about how people are gonna have a real tough time being broke as **** trying to get by without investing money into this and also it was a shot at the fact that im running into 15-18 year olds all over this forum trying to tell grown men what it is... preciate the feedback those beats are old as **** i gotta update thats before i even knew how to mix haha

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

It's all relative, young padawan.

Bolonga is pretty bad ass if you've never had steak.
this 7 char

Just quick facts to put things into perspective. Aside from the Korg Oasys, I can't think of one other keyboard with more than 1gb worth of sounds in it(I think the Fantom is the biggest with like 500-700mb). These sounds aren't in stereo, aren't 24bit, are short audio files with loop points that pitch across way too many keys and in the most part don't even variate/articulate...so they have no realistic characteristics in comparison to todays software. The effects are very limited and all controlled from one board that lacks the capabilities of a Pentium 4 in most cases.

Not sure where the myth workstations "sound better" in 2012 comes from. Arguably true in the days of Edirol Orchestral and Dreamstation DXi, lol, but there's no keyboard on the market(in exception to Oasys, not saying it does, but it's like a 21gb library and I have little experience with it) that can even deliver the realism of Miroslav Philharmonik or the stock sounds in Kontakt 5. They're more comparable to Reason or Logic stock(which I don't understand because Logic is a 7 DVD library that sounds like 500mb of sounds, lol) or Hypersonic/XPand2.

Anyone saying otherwise either has limited experience with software or with hardware...Or they're just that caught up in the pretty lights and knobs.

I'm not saying one is overall superior, use what works for you, hardware has been known to give musicians a way better workflow. But let's kill this myth that the sounds are better.

Last edited:
I am not ashamed to say I use Fl Studio 10 (Producer Edition if you must know), but I am also not ashamed to say I have had 8 years of music training before I even started producing. So using a 25 key- keyboard is enough for me; if I can build chords because the same chord I produce at High register, say C7, is the same chord I can get at C3. I think that's why people take me serious as a producer. The main thing that should be learned before having any DAWs, expensive equipment, and software is music techniques, sounds and rhythms. If that is learned before anything you can make decent music out of a shoe box lol. Check me out soundcloud.com/dubh3124

Anyone saying otherwise either has limited experience with software or with hardware...Or they're just that caught up in the pretty lights and knobs.

That's the thing right there. People who generally prefer hardware have very little experience with software. I was the same way.

I loved my Triton. Then I discovered Reason. That was the most amazing thing EVER. Then I got my Fantom. Once I threw those expansion cards in it, it was a WRAP.

But once I got my Miko and discovered the real power of Virtual instruments, it was OVER. And then when I threw Omnisphere on that thing? Man.

There's not very many boards that I can be convinced to get. I even passed on the Fantom G series, the Virus, the Korg M3, the Korg Karma, and all of Yamaha's boards. None of them can hold a candle to something like Omnisphere.

And what people don't understand, is those boards aren't analog. They are computers. They have Processors. They have Operating Systems. They have RAM. They have hard drives. They use samples and synthesis to create their sound.

They are the same as computers...the exact same. Except they cost WAY more.

That's the thing right there. People who generally prefer hardware have very little experience with software. I was the same way.

I loved my Triton. Then I discovered Reason. That was the most amazing thing EVER. Then I got my Fantom. Once I threw those expansion cards in it, it was a WRAP.

But once I got my Miko and discovered the real power of Virtual instruments, it was OVER. And then when I threw Omnisphere on that thing? Man.

There's not very many boards that I can be convinced to get. I even passed on the Fantom G series, the Virus, the Korg M3, the Korg Karma, and all of Yamaha's boards. None of them can hold a candle to something like Omnisphere.

And what people don't understand, is those boards aren't analog. They are computers. They have Processors. They have Operating Systems. They have RAM. They have hard drives. They use samples and synthesis to create their sound.

They are the same as computers...the exact same. Except they cost WAY more.

And do WAY less.

OMFG you guys talking shit about fukking Motifs for nine pages before someone sets it straight. WTF.
A lot of you guys talk a lot but its pretty obvious you dont really know shit about shit.
"Still gettin me a Motif" wtf gtfo.

Anyway, I like to judge producers by their haircut, then shoes, then eye color.
Then a game of rock/paper/scissors if I am still not sure about em....

"Real talk"-
The producers who get respect are the ones who make good music.
The ones who 'saved up' for their outdated gear that they dont know how to use? They do not get respect. They get laughed at by the real musicians.

And wtFFFFFFF if you are currently using plugins and still want a fukkin workstation you are obviously completely fukking lost.
Quit. Go to college.

Back