What makes people take you serious as a producer?

I like Motifs. I just feel like Komplete8 Ultimate makes it virtually obsolete for me.

Plus the Fantom has this Brass Expansion Pack that I fell in love with some years ago.

I like Motifs. I just feel like Komplete8 Ultimate makes it virtually obsolete for me.

Plus the Fantom has this Brass Expansion Pack that I fell in love with some years ago.

Yeah I'm just messing with everybody. I'm about to get the MM8 just to use as a controller next month. But first man....I'm tempted today to get a itouch, synthstation, and sampletank i/o fully loaded.

Yeah I'm just messing with everybody.I'm about to get the MM8 just to use as a controller next month. But first man....I'm tempted today to get a itouch, synthstation, and sampletank i/o fully loaded.

yeah you good bruh. what's MM8? Megaman 8? $25.00 on Ebay if so.

only shit im just tempted to get is a Fantom though. maybe a few VSTs like Nexus2 and Stylus RMx, but truthfully I need about 5k for me to be "satisfied". swear to god I'm about to revamp everything.

Last edited:
I use logic, laptop with all my sounds virtual. I had a motif, sold that shit cus it was a ***** 2 bring to the studio...all the virtual sounds honestly make these racks expendable. Sure its nice 2 have one but its not 2001 anymore plus if u go to a nice enough studio u can just play a real ****in piano or use their fantom.

I need as much weight as I can get. If I'm patient enough I'm going with the MOX8 instead.

M-Audio made a hard ass 88 Key Controller back in the day. back when everything i had had to be weighted that shit was gonna be "the move". but now I despise everything about M-Audio's Controllers even though they can get the job done.

I just want a keyboard workstation.

I just want a keyboard workstation.

Me to. I like the fact of using a keyboard workstation as a virtual instrument in a computer. Hands on tweakability. Why I'm leaning more on the MOX8. Sounds is not that important to me. If it sounds good then it sounds good. Comfort is what I want now. Forget a workstation desk.....just two stands and a 47in screen on the wall. Wireless qwerty. Real Bass and electric guitar. Saxophone and a trumpet. Session strings. Then I'm good.

Last edited:
I mean I'm still gonna cop some more VSTs (Nexus2, Stylus RMX, etc) but the Fantom my top priority right now.
Komplete8 got me straight on most acoustic instruments. you talkin about Session Strings Pro (the VST)? I use that shit in like, every "soulful" beat I make

to the point where I needa slow down on using it, lol.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

and pretty soon, I'm just going to find me a local rhythm guitarist to work with. some things I just can't get 100% right on VSTs.

I can play guitar sure, but my main shit is keyboard/piano and I hate doing multiple things. I like focusing on 1-2 things, being great at those and letting that be the end of shit.

shawty making me jealous and shit... if i could play just a little of both these instruments... ooh I can't begin to fathom what I could do.. shieeeet ..

But yeah, at one point, I wanted a fantom AND a motif... and some of these jvX080 extensions...
Eventually I had to improve on what I had but live drums, live strings and all those super extensive librairies are lacking.... it's more obvious each time I want to create something other than mainstream hiphop.

industrie stories that i tell
13721973835108346_HF7kdIdD_f.jpg

How can somebody not take me serious cause i don't have expensive equipment or a motif if i can make them their next hit/million dollars using FL while you spend all your money buying all that equipment and still cant produce a hit beat or get a placement.It really depends on who i need to take me serious.Do i need my friends to take me serious so i buy a bunch of equipment so i can brag to them about what i got or do i need the artist/a&rs to take me serious and produce quality beats for them to make hits with no matter what im using this is really what it comes down to.Don't ever let somebody tell you that you wont be taken serious by labels/artist or anybody for that fact cause you cant afford equipment cause thats a damn lie.Lex Luger,Southside,T-Minus,Cardiak,Young Shun,Beat Bully,Jahil, and alot more people done got plenty of major album placements and make plenty of money and they all use FL or some kind of software its really about the final result not what you used to make it.

Last edited:
A person can get 100 million views on youtube using their phone for a camera. Forget the person who spent lots of money on equipment and took those classes and shot those short films to get a grade in class and all of that...who basically knows what he is doing by now.....we are going to hire the person with the funny video they created on their phone and edit it using movie maker........we need that person for our photoshoot.....bring what you got....even if it's only your camera on the phone....because you are a professional among the millions of other people who have cameras on their phone. Shit man....it's just a tool like a Canon or Nikon.

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

. you talkin about Session Strings Pro (the VST)? I use that shit in like, every "soulful" beat I make

to the point where I needa slow down on using it, lol.

Yeah I love the sound of session strings pro.

Last edited:
That'll be great for the person who spents lots of money on equipment and got good grade making short films buy why knock the person who got 100 million views because he used his phone camera and edited it with movie maker and got better results using less than what the other guy used thats called HATING. Bottom line is if it can produce the same footage who cares if you had to take classes or how much you spent on it ITS ALL ABOUT THE FINAL PRODUCT THAT COUNTS.I could make a hit beat right now using my ipad and send it to some a&rs you think they are not going to use it because what i used to make the beat?No, they are going to use it,make millions off of it and when they find out what i made it on they are going to be surprised and impressed and as long as i can keep producing those hits and keep making them money they are going to take me serious no matter what im using to make my beats.

Back