What makes people take you serious as a producer?

gettin real easy to tell that most dudes on here are broke as **** without a pot to piss in.... get your paper up or you aint goin NOWHERE no matter how much talent you think you got. Arguing fl vs. motif is a joke and i am a fl user, but i also have a fantom rack and plan on gettin motif one its night and day no matter what anyone says. Also if your under the age of 18 stfu trying to argue with grown ass men this is the only place i see that sit back and watch listen cuz you dont kno SHIT

gettin real easy to tell that most dudes on here are broke as **** without a pot to piss in.... get your paper up or you aint goin NOWHERE no matter how much talent you think you got. Arguing fl vs. motif is a joke and i am a fl user, but i also have a fantom rack and plan on gettin motif one its night and day no matter what anyone says. Also if your under the age of 18 stfu trying to argue with grown ass men this is the only place i see that sit back and watch listen cuz you dont kno SHIT

I've always wondered why people talked down on FL Studio. A lot of good producers use it. Hit-Boy does.

for the record I use FL Studio too,

but you don't see me gettin all moist behind the shit.

still getting me a Fantom as well. I keep saying it so I won't forget when I have all the money. :)

for the record I use FL Studio too,

but you don't see me gettin all moist behind the shit.

still getting me a Fantom as well. I keep saying it so I won't forget when I have all the money. :)
you wont regret it best investment for me and i only got the fantom xr rack makes mixin so much easier than software based sounds also

I'd gladly trade my fantom and triton for some amazing Virtual Instruments.

Weren't you sponsored by a workstation company a while ago, and said people should buy it because it makes it look like they're running a legitimate business? Is that not the case anymore?

Weren't you sponsored by a workstation company a while ago, and said people should buy it because it makes it look like they're running a legitimate business? Is that not the case anymore?

Open Labs.

We "parted ways". lol

Don't be fooled over a discussion bruh all im trying to get through your heads is dont judge people off what they got but judge them off what they can do.Just because somebody got a motif dont mean he is more talented than somebody using FL that just means he just has a motif.I could have a room full of keyboards and still could make better music using FL you sounding like a kid right thinking i dont know shit because ill rather just FL over a motif.The crazy thing is i just checked out a couple of 901_Rice_Street beats (he made using his motif) and a few of your beats (you made on FL Studio) and guest what i would be willing to work with you before i would with him and thats why im telling you dont be fooled by something because its more expensive.Just because somebody has a motif doesnt mean he can make better beats or i should take him serious.

These were made using FL studio
Rick Ross-BMF
Jay Z & Kanye West-Niggas In Paris
Kendrick Lamar-Swimming Pools
Nicki Minaj-Moment For Life
Drake-Im On One
Kirko Bangz-Drank In My Cup
T.I-Poppin Bottles
Lil Wayne-She Will
And countless other mainstream songs

So am i suppose to take you guys with your motif more serious than these guys that used FL Studio to produce these beats??? If the industry takes people serious that use FL (and is willing to pay them for their work) why cant you?

The crazy thing is i just checked out a couple of 901_Rice_Street beats (he made using his motif) and a few of your beats (you made on FL Studio) and guest what i would be willing to work with you before i would with him

I don't won't yo stankin rhymes or work for your company anyway.........shoot.

The only reason someone would need a workstation is for the quality of the keyboard and the sounds... but in any case, going with vst libraries and a controller is decent enough... especially the top end libraries...(Vienna etc).

I hope people realize that some movie scores are clicked off of Fl studio, yeah, with a mouse...
It's just similar to writting sheet music but you can hear the notes.

Anyway, who cares what you are using? you are either successful... or you are not.

Don't be fooled over a discussion bruh all im trying to get through your heads is dont judge people off what they got but judge them off what they can do.Just because somebody got a motif dont mean he is more talented than somebody using FL that just means he just has a motif.I could have a room full of keyboards and still could make better music using FL you sounding like a kid right thinking i dont know shit because ill rather just FL over a motif.The crazy thing is i just checked out a couple of 901_Rice_Street beats (he made using his motif) and a few of your beats (you made on FL Studio) and guest what i would be willing to work with you before i would with him and thats why im telling you dont be fooled by something because its more expensive.Just because somebody has a motif doesnt mean he can make better beats or i should take him serious.

So am i suppose to take you guys with your motif more serious than these guys that used FL Studio to produce these beats??? If the industry takes people serious that use FL (and is willing to pay them for their work) why cant you?

It's not so much about actual talent level of someone using FL vs Hardware Boards, it's about the perception of the clients that happen to walk through the door, or ask what you use.

When I first started out, I went to a studio, and i was floored at all the equipment that he had. It was a room full of racks, from the floor to the ceiling, of all of these big electronic things with all these blinky lights, etc. Looked really high tech, and really expensive.

So I asked the engineer, "wow, do you use all of this stuff??" You know what his response was?

"No...it's all for show. Most of that stuff is 15 years old and hasn't been touched in forever. All I use is this Mac, and this piece right over here (a hardware limiter/compressor)."

He told me that he keeps that stuff around, because it makes him look more "professional" to clients. And you know what, to a newbie like me (at the time), it really did.

Your clients have a preconceived notion of what a "studio" is supposed to look like. And what that "studio" looks like speaks to the perceived value of the "the producer". A producer/studio with a room full of fancy looking equipment is perceived as "more valuable" (both talent and service wise) than a studio that just has a desk, a computer, one screen, some tiny desk monitors, and a midi controller.

I've experienced the same thing. In my studio, I had my Open Labs Miko, Fantom X, Triton, a few rack mounted modules, 2 x 17" screens, a 42" screen, and 2 pair of monitors. When clients walked in, they were SUPER impressed. They found everything to be really high tech. When in reality, all it was was a computer 4 computer screens (running windows xp), 2 boards and a mic pre-amp.

So it's not about actual talent of something using FL vs Hardware, it's about the perception of the clients. And however false that may be, we still have to understand the clients perceptions. Because it does matter.

Dude said FL Studio >>>> Motif

First off it's not even a comparison. One is a DAW the other is a Keyboard/recording/sampling machine.

Second out of the box FL STUDIO doesn't have the quality sounds you get with a standard motif.

Third WITHOUT 3rd party VST's, soundfonts or samples, you can't do much with FL Studio. In that case out of the box VS out of the box, Reason kicks all DAWS' butts. The problem with Reason is that there is no support for VST's (even though they now sorts do, it's still a specialized Reason only verson "VST")

When I first started out, I went to a studio, and i was floored at all the equipment that he had. It was a room full of racks, from the floor to the ceiling, of all of these big electronic things with all these blinky lights, etc. Looked really high tech, and really expensive.

So I asked the engineer, "wow, do you use all of this stuff??" You know what his response was?

"No...it's all for show. Most of that stuff is 15 years old and hasn't been touched in forever. All I use is this Mac, and this piece right over here (a hardware limiter/compressor)."

He told me that he keeps that stuff around, because it makes him look more "professional" to clients. And you know what, to a newbie like me (at the time), it really did.

Remix. I'm gonna do that when I get out the Marine Corps and build a home studio. Already have everything I need now just no space, but also I'm gonna build a giant board and put LED strobe lights in it. Throw a fake logo on it and call it the Krank, because everything looks better spelled wrong. Make it look like a 12 space rack, and have random cables sticking out of it.

i'll never use a workstation again, shits pointless to me, only thing Motifs & Fantoms are good for are live playing lol

i'll never use a workstation again, shits pointless to me, only thing Motifs & Fantoms are good for are live playing lol

What kind of midi controller do you use, and what would you recommend, 61 keys or 88 coming from a musical background? I've found 61 gets the job done, and is somewhat portable. But 88 is cool too.

What kind of midi controller do you use, and what would you recommend, 61 keys or 88 coming from a musical background? I've found 61 gets the job done, and is somewhat portable. But 88 is cool too.

i got an oxygen 61 key and its perfect for me, honestly when im producing i dont really use more than 2 octaves anyway, 88 keys for producing are really unnecessary, same with weighted keys. Now if youre playing a live show thats a little different, but i'd probably just suggest getting two different keyboards for both

as long as i have a transport button and a button that can change the track on the keyboard, its good for me. Stay away from keyrig/keystations from m-audio tho, those are kinda flimsy, you get what you pay for with midi controllers

Back