What Famous People actually Check they're myspace's?

So, do you just hit people up that you dont know like "whats up, how are you doing?" or are you guys trying to get work through myspace?

alphawolf1 said:
you people are so clueless.

you people...what you mean by you people?
nah just playin...but what you mean by your post, i dont get it...explain yaself

SleepDeez said:
So, do you just hit people up that you dont know like "whats up, how are you doing?" or are you guys trying to get work through myspace?

lol, fa real i wonder what people say...i havent hit up many people on myspace, but if i do, its those artists/producers that i have major respcet for and just tell em how i feel about em, i dont kiss ass or nothin just tell em i appreciate what they doin

Last edited:
a lot of famous ppl check their myspace. pretty much the people who you know can use computers check their myspaces. all recent producers are somewhat familar with using computers and software so obivously they are going to check it. but most ppl who are fairly new and know how to use computers will most likely be really checking their myspaces and if their not on myspace they still go on sites to see their reputation and what ppl really think of them...

xtrordinare said:
you people...what you mean by you people?
nah just playin...but what you mean by your post, i dont get it...explain yaself

reading the artists that people are claiming messaged them on myspace makes for funny reading. M.I.A. doesn't check her myspace and has actually said this in interviews, all of this is handled by other people. and bow wow and ciara messaging you?? ROFL. get a grip. stones throw peeps don't even check their myspace. a myspace is now like a website for a lot of rappers/producers. mf doom don't have a website no more but has a myspace but do you actually think it's him doing it and adding friends?? he has other people doing that **** for him.

as for all those other people who i assume are small time producers who may have a spot on a few records. these people are no names and will continue to be so. the producing game is so messed up. it makes me sad when i see a lot of people here investing time and money into it with hopes of making it big. but then i read threads like these and other threads about being professional and having the right sound you can sell to people and i just laugh it all off.

people are just puppets.

Raekwon left a comment on my page not too long ago... that was pretty dope

Yoooo please stop asking me for ppl contacts damn man...I work hard to meet some ppl...so dont hit me up asking to trade contacts...and u know who u r

alphawolf1 said:
reading the artists that people are claiming messaged them on myspace makes for funny reading. M.I.A. doesn't check her myspace and has actually said this in interviews, all of this is handled by other people. and bow wow and ciara messaging you?? ROFL. get a grip. stones throw peeps don't even check their myspace. a myspace is now like a website for a lot of rappers/producers. mf doom don't have a website no more but has a myspace but do you actually think it's him doing it and adding friends?? he has other people doing that **** for him.

as for all those other people who i assume are small time producers who may have a spot on a few records. these people are no names and will continue to be so. the producing game is so messed up. it makes me sad when i see a lot of people here investing time and money into it with hopes of making it big. but then i read threads like these and other threads about being professional and having the right sound you can sell to people and i just laugh it all off.

people are just puppets.

aight, you got your own opinions, but in my opinion you sound real mad right now

alphawolf1 said:

people are just puppets.

you don't really know what your talkin about

alphawolf1 said:
no i don't think you know what you are talking about

Naw man, you're both right and wrong. Of course people like Ciara, R. Kelly, Timberlake don't check their MySpace, or at least not the public one. I'm sure they have a private one.

BUT if we're talking people in production/writing camps, yeah they check theirs. They use it for networking. I sent Keri Hilson a message, and she responded back, she liked my track I asked her to listen to.

It all depends on, 1) What you say 2) What you're asking them 3) How you're asking them

9/10 they're not gonna respond if you're just leaving "copy & paste" generic messages, or tellin them how hot you are.

Last edited:
alphawolf1 said:

people are just puppets.

somebody is salty! lawrys

SleepDeez said:

I've gotten in contact with artists so i can do interviews of them, mostly the people behind myspace-sites are some dudes working under them tho.. but they can give out the artists contact info if you keep it professional.

2 that one guy. i guess he's tried 2 hit up people on the space and got dissed haha

well. i use myspace exactly for what it was invented for. networking and advertising. im workin on my own personal site right now. but myspace is like the WORLD united. why wouldnt i use it 2 my advantage. i have access 2 millions at the click of a mouse!

but yo i do grind locally. and anyone in htown this weekend im performing at the Warehouse Party!

Lamabean111 said:
Yoooo please stop asking me for ppl contacts damn man...I work hard to meet some ppl...so dont hit me up asking to trade contacts...and u know who u r

can i have cassie's number?.
lol.

back to the subject...

lets not forget some myspace pages are created by fans for the fans. (whilst not all are neccesarrily managed by some1 within the artists clique).

from experience, im not sure if any producers do get placements simply contacting the artist thru MS.... but i know for sure you can network with big tyme producers.. (excl. timbo) :rolleyes:

SleepDeez said:

I only hit people up when i know they shoppin for production. Its all business. I aint on no groupie ish lol. I get like 90% of my business thru Myspace (i live in UK) and have struck relationships with a lotta big playas and talk to a lot of em on the regular.

Back